American Signature

• Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

nice workplace

i liked working there. it was good i really enjoyed the time i have been working there. but that is a commision job only. that is why i am looking for a new job.

Great people to work with

Great people to work with and for. I really enjoyed my time there Highly recommend any person to work there. Because everyone works hard and everyone works together I think that's very important to for a job to have.

Most is Bad

The work life balance is the only thing that is good about working here. The compensation doesn't change, even when you are tasked with work outside of your responsibilities. 401k match is well below industry average, no annual raises (most people don't get a raise until year 4-5), and there is zero professional development. If you have another option, take it. I would not recommend working here.

Pros

Cons

Compensation, professional development.

Best commission and best pay for warranty in town. Very forward thinking. Privately owned. Good managers that are there to help and care. Room to advance if you want out of sales

Pros

Good Pay, Good people

Cons

As all retail commission sales...the weekends.

Terrible pay

Terrible pay for loyal employees that have stuck by this company for 20+ yrs.Your just a number with this company. Company used to care about its employees when I 1st started , their now about the money and don’t care about their people. Manager was the best thing about that place and is why a lot of people stayed for so long

Pros

Manager

Cons

Pay rate benefits

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

No training/ education process for administrative or leadership

Throw you in the position with out providing the required direction. Leadership ends up being the customer service department.. The office staffing is always in term-oil.. can’t schedule properly & new hires are basically receptionist.. many good people have worked there & have become burned out.. Not given the proper support.. To many want to over think what should be done for the customer.. you are on your own..

Pros

Can make a living

Cons

Regional/ District manager is a rah-rah.. not in touch with the day to day business..

I felt important and needed

It felt like working with family and we all got along and worked hard to make our customers happy. I loved going to work and actually making a difference.

Pros

Employee store discount and mall discount

Benefits

Great culture, great managers, business is up stock is down

Great company to work for structured enough to keep things fair and consistent, but they also let you run the business like your own (within reason of course). Thorough training, great managers and leaders to lean on in different departments and other locations. Business and sales are up unfortunately stock is a huge opportunity leading to a lot of unsatisfied upset customers.

Not worth the stress or money

I was not trained on how to completely fulfill the needs of the job. Management was lazy, employees would steal sales. Some employees were helpful, some were snooty and turned their nose up at you. Overall management sat me at a desk with loads of paper and didn’t give the proper training. But I witnessed him giving the proper training to a new employer. Management didn’t like me for whatever reason. Overall I left and glad I did. I learned a lot from the EMPLOYEES.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Unrealistic sale goals

Pretty nice place to work

Pretty Nice Company To Work For Especially If Take Pride In Hard Work…Hours Can Be Inconsistent Sometimes But That’s About If The Managers Are Pretty Understanding Also

Jobs at American Signature

See more jobs

fun place to work

pay is great teaches you how to work correct to make the money,managment is great. loved working in fla for this company people were great managment woks to help you succeed,customer base is great people buy there and love the brand its a great place to save money and buy good sales people i worked with there were trained well.

Pros

good money great managment

Cons

not really many i can think of

Commission based

They pay hourly and commission which I thought was a bonus but you only make commission when the furniture is shipped. Which is a scam because you have to reach the same amount you make hourly or else you don’t get a commission check. Also the furniture has to be shipped in order to receive that credit, which is difficult because dates for furniture get pushed back so often.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Selling and expecting big commission checks

I would not Recommend

I don't want to go in detail about what I went thru working here, but it was pure STRESS!!! And I usually dont leave reviews. But to save you time....... PLEASE get A OFFER LETTER, in writting, (was told for my postion, you dont get one, not sure why) Have them explain it to you, so nothing changes during your time here. Their is no growth and I was told they DO NOT Give raises at all. Not sure how your suppose to grow finacially. Only the warehouse workers get raises and reconizition, but they say "Were all family, while your there". So to me everyone should get the same treatment. And if Micro-management, bothers you, this would not be a good fit. You will do alottttt of recruiting alone also, just heads up, Glad it was a short ride for me.

Pros

TM's, Weekly pay

Cons

No support, Bad communication, Schedule, No raises or reconzition

Stressful

If you like getting yelled at by customer then this is the company for you. I know you shouldn’t ask people how much they get paid but ask I was getting paid .50 cents less then a new person and instead of giving me that bump they said they were gonna paid the other person less. Back to back calls of customer upset about delays. People are nice.

Pros

People are nice

Cons

Accountability

Horrible upper management, and incredibly bad lower management.

One minute you are watching a video from the president of the company telling us that everything is delayed 2 to 3 months minimum the next minute you are being told that you are still responsible for hitting your numbers, if you don't you get written up. The next minute almost all the furniture is delayed, so to make customer happy they refund part of the sale which is money out of your pocket. Than when the furniture does show up the delivery is do bad they screw it up and once again they make the customer happy by refunding part of the sale which again is money out of out pocket. Coupled with zero support from management.

Pros

Cons

Very bad insurance, still uses draw vs commission pat structure, generally everything

It was a good experience

It's a pretty good company. The mandatory overtime didn't work well for me due to the fact that I'm in school and have a set schedule already. Being penalized for having a life/other responsibilities outside of work is unfair. Good pay yet, There are no real written policies for holiday pay either. They've messed over people with that.

The feeling of accomplishment

Ever day is a new day and learning experience. As an associate employee, working with each salesperson and customer, learning each sales technique, closing and approach, keeps your mind sharp, you ability to adapt to their needs.You are a family. Rotating schedules, working holidays and weekends are one of retail grey areas.

Overworked, underpaid, underappreciated. Never good enough.

Company doesn't care. They overwork their lower guys and tell the leads not to help. Constantly shifting goals and timelines. Very physically demanding. Constantly threaten your job. Management will throw you under the bus at any opportunity and will fire you as soon as they decide they don't like you. Highly encouraged not to take breaks or lunch. Will chew you out for taking lunch or for sending your guys to lunch.Absolutely zero chances to move up. They will hire from outside every time. I highly encourage you to look elsewhere for work.

Pros

Very few.

Cons

Terrible leadership

Not a bad place to work in general

Very physically demanding job. Definitely not for everyone. Extremely hot during the summer and cold in the winter. Not a bad place to work if you're not lazy

Store management very bias and rude

I currently work here and im trying to get away as fast as possible toxic work environment. There are no opportunity to grow or advance managment will make you feel beneath them. Should be more done for warehouse employees.

Overworked and exhausted

If you want to have no personal life this is the place for you! You can expect to work long hours with absolutely no appreciation. Don't expect to get any days off work. They won't get approved. Ever!! Management on the other hand takes off whenever they please.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Signature. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.4Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight