American Signature

• Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

nice workplace

i liked working there. it was good i really enjoyed the time i have been working there. but that is a commision job only. that is why i am looking for a new job.

Most is Bad

The work life balance is the only thing that is good about working here. The compensation doesn't change, even when you are tasked with work outside of your responsibilities. 401k match is well below industry average, no annual raises (most people don't get a raise until year 4-5), and there is zero professional development. If you have another option, take it. I would not recommend working here.

Pros

Cons

Compensation, professional development.

Best commission and best pay for warranty in town. Very forward thinking. Privately owned. Good managers that are there to help and care. Room to advance if you want out of sales

Pros

Good Pay, Good people

Cons

As all retail commission sales...the weekends.

Terrible pay

Terrible pay for loyal employees that have stuck by this company for 20+ yrs.Your just a number with this company. Company used to care about its employees when I 1st started , their now about the money and don’t care about their people. Manager was the best thing about that place and is why a lot of people stayed for so long

Pros

Manager

Cons

Pay rate benefits

I felt important and needed

It felt like working with family and we all got along and worked hard to make our customers happy. I loved going to work and actually making a difference.

Pros

Employee store discount and mall discount

Benefits

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Commission based

They pay hourly and commission which I thought was a bonus but you only make commission when the furniture is shipped. Which is a scam because you have to reach the same amount you make hourly or else you don’t get a commission check. Also the furniture has to be shipped in order to receive that credit, which is difficult because dates for furniture get pushed back so often.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Selling and expecting big commission checks

I would not Recommend

I don't want to go in detail about what I went thru working here, but it was pure STRESS!!! And I usually dont leave reviews. But to save you time....... PLEASE get A OFFER LETTER, in writting, (was told for my postion, you dont get one, not sure why) Have them explain it to you, so nothing changes during your time here. Their is no growth and I was told they DO NOT Give raises at all. Not sure how your suppose to grow finacially. Only the warehouse workers get raises and reconizition, but they say "Were all family, while your there". So to me everyone should get the same treatment. And if Micro-management, bothers you, this would not be a good fit. You will do alottttt of recruiting alone also, just heads up, Glad it was a short ride for me.

Pros

TM's, Weekly pay

Cons

No support, Bad communication, Schedule, No raises or reconzition

It was a good experience

It's a pretty good company. The mandatory overtime didn't work well for me due to the fact that I'm in school and have a set schedule already. Being penalized for having a life/other responsibilities outside of work is unfair. Good pay yet, There are no real written policies for holiday pay either. They've messed over people with that.

Decent place to work, but the goals are hard to meet.

The people are fine, but as far as meeting your numbers, its very hard to do. Very competitive workplace environment, lack of solid customer base, and unrealistic views of how consumers spend their money during the pandemic.

Pros

Health benefits, PTO after a year

Cons

Strict sales goals, outdated computer system

Great place to work if you don't mind working every weekend and every holiday.

The pay is very good considering that customers come to you. Its retail sales so weekend and all holidays are mandatory. I liked it in the begining, but now with so many more sales people it's difficult to earn a good monthly commission. And adding furniture is out of stock 3 to 4 months out. We get paid when it gets delivered along with a small weekly draw that must be covered each month or thats a write up. Get 3 and the 4th is bye bye...

Pros

Fun, meet nice people, decent managers, no pressure, good pay

Cons

Must sell all services, 3 strikes youre out, must work holidays and weekends.

Jobs at American Signature

See more jobs

Chaotic!

Starting out I enjoyed work and the people I worked with, being warehouse personnel. Later I'd come to realize that management doesn't have the warehouse's needs in high regards. Management is more of a dictatorship than it was a democracy. There are guys in the warehouse that have been there 15 plus years and haven't gotten a pay raise in over 7 years. I can go on and on about how sorry management was/is at this place but, oh well nothing will change anyway.

Pros

Great warehouse guys

Cons

Horrible store manager

No advancement. General Management rotated like socks!

No support from managementEvery year for 6 years, was told that corporate had a ‘freeze’ on giving a raise to employees 5 store managers in the 6 years I was there

Pros

Friendly fellow employees

Terrible!

They take advantage of good employees. They will work you like no tomorrow all while keeping your compensation the same. If you want a job that will drive you crazy with the lowest amount of pay they believe they can possible give you, work here. Almost everyone I worked with believed that the compensation for the amount of work was very low. Managers are lazy, and try to make you feel terrible for not doing work. They complain about problems without trying to contribute to a solution. They will only treat you well if you contribute a lot to the company and have real value, other than that you're completely disposable.

Pros

free lunches, pto, flexible schedule

Cons

management, customers, very poor training

Decent company to work for

Let’s face the hard facts when it comes to the trucking industry, the pay isn’t going to be great anywhere you go. But, this place has decent pay compared to other companies in the area without using any endorsement. Management is friendly and treats you like a person. Just be on time and everything else is kosher. The start times are not ideal, they change daily. Overall, it’s not the best and it’s not the worst company to be working for.

Pros

Management treats you like a person

Cons

Start times change, pay could be better, No 401k

Cleaning

OverallI believe they could of been more responsible when it came to paying me on time and communicating with me on time when things came to changes when things changed in the store meaning hours and a different way of cleaning.

Value city

At value city I always made sure that the customer got what they wanted as long as it was with in the rules of the store. Some customers were tough but as long as we did our jobs we were ok.

Pros

Hour lunch

Cons

Didn’t care about employees

Lies

In the interview or online they say pay is upwards of $15 an hour. The pay is actually $11 per hour. From there it's nothing but lies. They tell you what you want to hear then work you to death. Moral is terrible.

Pros

Nothing good about working here

Cons

You will forever be yelled at

Great company

ASI is a wonderful company for which to work. Company cares for their associates and the community. They do several fundraisers throughout the year to benefit different organizations in the area. Equal opportunity employer.

Stepping stone

It's best to look at most positions as a stepping stone. Not much advancement in most positions at American Sign. /VCF. Compensation on every level for people IN the stores should be much better since they (mgrs. , sales, visuals, warehouse) drive the business. The company at the corporate level and store level has VERY little diversity, which is a GREAT concern since customer is. base ISIS is

Flexible but long work hours

Good company but there is not a set time when you get off and no benefits you will be lifting alot of heavy furniture and assembling it so it's a very physical job

Pros

Good money

Cons

No benefits

The training was a joke. They do not prepare you for the calls.

The company don't offer overtime or time in half. They constantly send you home early there is no stability with this company. The supervisors don't make themselves available to help. The pay is low even with experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Signature. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.4Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight