AMERICAN SYSTEMS Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
pulling cable
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 25, 2018
they refused my unemployment benefits by having me go back to work for 2 weeks and then another lay off for 2 weeks then had me come back for about a week and then another lay off.
Pros
Cons
worked and then lay off but no unemployment benfits
American Systems is an eithical and productive company
Expense & AP Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 16, 2018
American Systems is an ESOP (Employee Owned Company), the company is solid and I enjoy the work I do for American Systems. The management at American System is a positive team and they are willing to teach you and allow you to make mistakes to learn from them.
Employee Stock Owned Company
Test and Evaluation Analyst/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZJune 4, 2018
Vested in 4 years vice 5 year typical requirement. Competitive benefits package. Decent Leadership offering constructive encouragement for improvement.
Good opportunity for future career path.
SAN System Engineer Level II (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 22, 2018
This company gave me my first opportunity to work as a System Engineer with minimum experience. It allowed me to learn alot about storage networks which helped me with my career.
Pros
Employee owned/Sign on bonus
Cons
Not so great salary
Workplace- Diverse
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 19, 2018
NAVY 311 plays an important role in providing real time 24/7/365 response to a variety of issues that the Navy personnel face, from supply and logistics to quality of life matters
Great Place to Work
Senior Telecom Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMay 10, 2018
I worked on a contract with American Systems. They really take care of their people. My manager was an awesome individual. I worked as a remote Business Analyst. My schedule was flexible and not too overbearing.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great People
Solid, Employee Owned Defense Contractor
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Lorton, VAMay 7, 2018
Enjoy working here. Employee ownership is a positive influence on the culture and values. I have been able to advance towards my long-term career goals by working at ASC. I recommend it.
Pros
Good ethics, good value, employee owned.
Cons
Defense contracting.
Great balance with work life.
Project Management (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 27, 2018
Not tied to an office can remote work easily
Provides great opportunity to travel internationally
Learned a ton working here

There are too many micro managers in the company.
American Systems Group
Financial Analyst & Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 19, 2018
Working there was not a great experience, Very quiet and negative environment. Very awkward to be there. Everyone seems to be in a horrible mood every day.
Consulting Systems Engineer and Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 18, 2018
Company is employee owned and therefore seems to genuinely care about its employees and the companies overall success. Good management. While a large national company, top management appears attentive and ready to help at all levels.
Beware of this company!!!!!!
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 23, 2018
This company is a company that does contract work. They get the contracts and never look into how they are being run at the employee's level. They tell you that you are going to be supplied with all these benefits:401K, employee stock options, etc. but it doesn't matter because the contract is only good for a limited amount of time and you need to be vested with the company for at least 3yrs. Management is not skilled at all and puts you in situations were you don't have the correct personal protective equipment all due to the fact that they are trying to save money and the more money they save the more of a bonus management gets at the end of the year. Other employee's have told me first hand bonuses have not been given for at least 5yrs, there's no overtime pay for the required weekend shifts that they force you to cover, the Christmas bonus is just a cheap chicken dinner and they roll in federal holiday's into your PTO. This is the type of company that needs to be investigated by either channel 7 news or be on a episode of undercover boss. Watch out!!!!!
Overall
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 21, 2018
Overall the company is a great company to work for, however, if you are truly disabled, not just military disabled, meaning missing a limb, time off for medical appointments was difficult after 6 months.
Also the supervisor did not allow breaks for lunch. Lunch had to be a working lunch although the supervisor was always playing on her cell phone.
benefits
Cons
ADA non compliant
great job
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 12, 2018
Great place to work, fellow employees are all great. Work place was always full of energy and counterparts were always willing to help and make our Team a success in all our tasking.
DBA/Database Developer (Current Employee) –  Kirtland AFB, NMFebruary 3, 2018
Good place to work. The organization where I work does not have a position that closely matches my skills. Lots of staff turnover causes job shifting on a regular basis to cover needed service for the organization.
Great Company
Senior Technical Trainer (CSRAT) (Current Employee) –  Norfolk Naval Station, VAJanuary 25, 2018
I very much enjoy working for American Systems. The comradery, continued training and general support is fantastic. I'd only leave because of a contract change.
Pros
Esop
Cons
Contract
Employment at American Systems
Action Officer/Staff Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 26, 2017
Grading I've provided speaks for itself. Company pays well within the Defense Industry supporting the Office of the Secretary of Defense and the U.S. Navy and other services. Great reputation within the beltway.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Benefits don't carry over from other positions/companies and you have to start over...
Awesome place to work
Test Engineer, Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXDecember 25, 2017
American systems was my first job after retiring from the military and I can no complain one bit about my time with the company. Definitely would recommend working here for anyone.
Senior WTI Analyst / Part time on call (Current Employee) –  Indian Head, MDDecember 21, 2017
During my time at American Systems I compiled WTI reports. Compiling information from overseas locations and producing a final draft. Working with Navy EOD and Navy Analyst was a great experience.
A enjoyable Work enviroment
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VANovember 28, 2017
American Systems Is a good company to work for. I enjoyed working with the other employees, we all looked after one another. I really enjoyed the flexibility of the work environment.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Salary
Good company but job is not secured
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 19, 2017
God starter contracting company that assisted me in becoming a federal employee. Did not have good benefits or job security due to it being a contractor company.