AMERICAN SYSTEMS Employee Reviews

Make the best of your opportunities
Cable Technician IV (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 24, 2018
American Systems is a great place to work if you know where and what you want to be! You have to have a vision and go with it. Stay determined and focused. This is a company where a tech can easily fall through the cracks and be looked at as just part of the crew. So, you have to advocate for yourself, be proactive and stay on top of the little things that make you a great employee.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Expensive Benefits, leave policy, commutes
productive and fun
LAN Installer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VADecember 21, 2018
Pulling cable for net work installation and phones.Things learn cable management, Routers ,switches .Management was great had people to work with.culture mix good people to work with.Hard part of the job was hanging conduit pipe,Enjoyable part was testing of all the equipment.
Pros
Knowing all was working at the end of the day
Cons
Demanding work.
Company review summary
IT Specialist/Research (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 2, 2019
A typical day at work pleasant

What I have learned flexible

Management was pleasant

Workplace culture pleasant

The hardest part of the job was leaving the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working together.
Good company
Sr. Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hill AFB, UTSeptember 17, 2018
The company hires professionals to staff government support contracts. I had a great deal of respect for the company and management. The job is extremely dependent upon the government agency that awards the contract.
Pros
Good people within the company, strong professional culture.
Employee-owned company, great culture
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 17, 2018
I have been an employee-owner at American Systems for five years now. The work is interesting and engaging, and the culture values each employee and emphasizes work/life balance. Employee ownership fosters an atmosphere of accountability and dedication to quality.
Interesting and Educational Place to work.
BICSI Tech 3 (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 5, 2018
OK place to work. Could be more secure in job security and career goals. Management could be a little more efficient. However, I enjoyed working with the American Systems Team.
Productive place to work
Business Case Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 24, 2018
Small company great work environment. Benefits competitive, i would recommend this position to a friend. I have enjoyed my time at American Systems Corporation.
Beware of this company!!!!!!
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 23, 2018
This company is a company that does contract work. They get the contracts and never look into how they are being run at the employee's level. They tell you that you are going to be supplied with all these benefits:401K, employee stock options, etc. but it doesn't matter because the contract is only good for a limited amount of time and you need to be vested with the company for at least 3yrs. Management is not skilled at all and puts you in situations were you don't have the correct personal protective equipment all due to the fact that they are trying to save money and the more money they save the more of a bonus management gets at the end of the year. Other employee's have told me first hand bonuses have not been given for at least 5yrs, there's no overtime pay for the required weekend shifts that they force you to cover, the Christmas bonus is just a cheap chicken dinner and they roll in federal holiday's into your PTO. This is the type of company that needs to be investigated by either channel 7 news or be on a episode of undercover boss. Watch out!!!!!
Great place for work, home balance! They understand
International Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 19, 2018
In my 5 years I have experienced the best management team. No micro-managing and very understanding to work, life balance. That means a lot for working parents with small school aged children.
Benefit cuts and no growth
Sr. Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 24, 2018
Worked with good people.
Left due to eventually being forced into employee-managed benefits program and stagnant position with no opportunities for growth.
N/a
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Navy, VADecember 5, 2018
It is mostly prior military with a diverse work force. Employee Stock Options Program is good, great benefits. Low stress environment and somewhat flexible schedule.
Lack of Job security
Junior Marine Engineer (ISEA Rep) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92108September 21, 2018
Productive and fun place to work. However, there is no job security due to lack of Government to follow with contracts arrangements. Apart from that, I enjoyed every single day I spent working for American Systems.
Pros
Fun environment and fun people to work.
Cons
No job security.
Employee Stock Owned Company
Test and Evaluation Analyst/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZJune 4, 2018
Vested in 4 years vice 5 year typical requirement. Competitive benefits package. Decent Leadership offering constructive encouragement for improvement.
Good opportunity for future career path.
SAN System Engineer Level II (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 22, 2018
This company gave me my first opportunity to work as a System Engineer with minimum experience. It allowed me to learn alot about storage networks which helped me with my career.
Pros
Employee owned/Sign on bonus
Cons
Not so great salary
American Systems
Senior Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 13, 2018
Our team was removed from the corporate culture, as the corporation base is in Virginia. Despite this, our VPs maintained good contact and a pulse on what we were doing. I felt the company was professional and cared about the employees.
Solid, Employee Owned Defense Contractor
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Lorton, VAMay 7, 2018
Enjoy working here. Employee ownership is a positive influence on the culture and values. I have been able to advance towards my long-term career goals by working at ASC. I recommend it.
Pros
Good ethics, good value, employee owned.
Cons
Defense contracting.
Great company
Project/Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2018
This company has a lot of retiring employees, but they are trying to develop their management staff. Willing to pay for any type of training you may want.
pulling cable
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 25, 2018
they refused my unemployment benefits by having me go back to work for 2 weeks and then another lay off for 2 weeks then had me come back for about a week and then another lay off.
Pros
Cons
worked and then lay off but no unemployment benfits
American Systems is an eithical and productive company
Expense & AP Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 16, 2018
American Systems is an ESOP (Employee Owned Company), the company is solid and I enjoy the work I do for American Systems. The management at American System is a positive team and they are willing to teach you and allow you to make mistakes to learn from them.
Not just a number
SHIPBUILDING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  MississippiDecember 4, 2018
American Systems cares about the employee. I am the only Employee on this contract. The work is not strenuous and my Manager is available, from D.C., with just a phone call. The government personnel here are easy to work with, friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMERICAN SYSTEMS. Our community is ready to answer.