AMERICAN SYSTEMS
78Above average

AMERICAN SYSTEMS Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA58 reviews
definitlly remembered
For the most part the management is good but they still get those rogue super managers who have there head where the sun don't shine, but it is a employee owned company so if you get under the right manager it could work.
Great place
It is a great company in general. Medical benefit isn't top notch for the industry but its ok. PTO is a little in a sense that you can combine holidays with PTO.
Pros
Laid back
Would not Recommend
During my time with this company - 1 year, I had a revolving door of managers. The company messed up on my benefits and was not willing to correct their own error.
Excellent company
It has been a long time since I worked there but when I did I telecommuted 100% of the time. I didn't really know anyone in the office. I communicated mainly with the client. Quarterly I would travel to meet with the client for three-day meetings. I really enjoyed the work and learned a lot. The contract ended, though, so I had to move on.
Pros
Supported telecommuting, flexible hours, great clients
Cons
Contract ended
Well compensated, willing to hire
I enjoyed working for American Systems for 3 years and only left since I moved across the country ( no jobs for them where I moved to ) They were willing to hire me with little experience and compensated me failry.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Systems Engineer
• Executed systems planning, business information analysis and process improvement initiatives.
• Support staff and end user with resolution of systems issues, malfunctions or software programming problems.

• Managed full hardware development planning process including the design of specifications, diagrams, techniques and strategies.
Company review summary
A typical day at work pleasant

What I have learned flexible

Management was pleasant

Workplace culture pleasant

The hardest part of the job was leaving the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working together.
productive and fun
Pulling cable for net work installation and phones.Things learn cable management, Routers ,switches .Management was great had people to work with.culture mix good people to work with.Hard part of the job was hanging conduit pipe,Enjoyable part was testing of all the equipment.
Pros
Knowing all was working at the end of the day
Cons
Demanding work.
N/a
It is mostly prior military with a diverse work force. Employee Stock Options Program is good, great benefits. Low stress environment and somewhat flexible schedule.
Interesting and Educational Place to work.
OK place to work. Could be more secure in job security and career goals. Management could be a little more efficient. However, I enjoyed working with the American Systems Team.
Make the best of your opportunities
American Systems is a great place to work if you know where and what you want to be! You have to have a vision and go with it. Stay determined and focused. This is a company where a tech can easily fall through the cracks and be looked at as just part of the crew. So, you have to advocate for yourself, be proactive and stay on top of the little things that make you a great employee.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Expensive Benefits, leave policy, commutes
pulling cable
they refused my unemployment benefits by having me go back to work for 2 weeks and then another lay off for 2 weeks then had me come back for about a week and then another lay off.
Pros
Cons
worked and then lay off but no unemployment benfits
American Systems is an eithical and productive company
American Systems is an ESOP (Employee Owned Company), the company is solid and I enjoy the work I do for American Systems. The management at American System is a positive team and they are willing to teach you and allow you to make mistakes to learn from them.
Good opportunity for future career path.
This company gave me my first opportunity to work as a System Engineer with minimum experience. It allowed me to learn alot about storage networks which helped me with my career.
Pros
Employee owned/Sign on bonus
Cons
Not so great salary
great job
Great place to work, fellow employees are all great. Work place was always full of energy and counterparts were always willing to help and make our Team a success in all our tasking.
Great Place to Work
Very positive working environment and also a supportive team environment.
Managers and Colleagues who are always happy to mentor and open to new ideas.
Opportunities of a large company, feel of a small company!
I enjoy recruiting for a company that appreciates their employees! Being an Employee-Owned company is a terrific benefit. I am proud to be part of the AMERICAN SYSTEMS family.
Where They See My Potential & Give Me a Challenge
I plan on staying with AMERICAN SYSTEMS for many years to come. I have been with AMERICAN SYSTEMS for 9 months and in that short time I have been given increasing responsibilities, so much so that I am now in charge of our outreach engagement and am creating and developing an internal outreach program. My director sees my potential and allows me to take on projects that I am passionate about and make them my own, while still giving me the support and guidance that I need. I have always felt supported here and have been given many opportunities for supervision. As a junior employee, I was fortunate enough to have been given a mentor who met with me regularly and helped me develop as a recruiter and a professional, in general. My days are always full, which I love. My coworkers are very interactive and engaging. All in all, I'm happy to wake up in the morning and come into work.
Pros
Interaction; challenge; opportunities; fulfillment
Cons
Traffic surrounding area
Caring people, solid management
I have been with the company for over 5 years. Everyone is friendly, solid management. Room for growth.
Corporate culture is a little conservative/straight laced but caring.
Pros
Flexible schedule, generous PTO, good managers
Good Company
As I started my career with American Systems, I was raw and didn't know anything. The staff with any lead tech was willing to help you in career path and teach you anything you wanted to know. Learn a lot there and would still be there if wasn't for other avenues I wanted to take, in which the company couldn't able to provide.
Pros
Great starter company to advance
Cons
n/a
Great place to work. I have no complaints. If you're looking for a quiet calm place to work, then American Systems is the place for you. Everyone is super friendly.