AMERICAN SYSTEMS Employee Reviews

Excellent company
Scheduler / Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 6, 2019
It has been a long time since I worked there but when I did I telecommuted 100% of the time. I didn't really know anyone in the office. I communicated mainly with the client. Quarterly I would travel to meet with the client for three-day meetings. I really enjoyed the work and learned a lot. The contract ended, though, so I had to move on.
Pros
Supported telecommuting, flexible hours, great clients
Cons
Contract ended
No Management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 21, 2019
Orlando office has children pretending to run things. They don't have any idea about respect. A lot is promised to the client but not much is known or planned on how they can deliver. Everyone is spoken to as a child because that's what children know how to do. The company doesn't try to fix the problems in the Orlando office because they don't want to see that the people causing the problems are the ones pretending they are fixing problems.
Pros
No pros. Work at a professional organization and you will be better off.
Cons
No planning. Management doesn't know how to fix problems or interact with people.
Great environment with experienced personnel to request assistance from
Served as Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 21, 2019
Had a really good experience working with American Systems. Folks were friendly and courteous. Would work for them if they ever needed me within the Alabama, Mississippi, or Florida area.
Pros
Benefits, my role and position or responsibility, and Management
Cons
Dealing with customers negative attitudes
Well compensated, willing to hire
Federal Systems Technician II (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 2, 2019
I enjoyed working for American Systems for 3 years and only left since I moved across the country ( no jobs for them where I moved to ) They were willing to hire me with little experience and compensated me failry.
Systems Engineer
Technician (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 4, 2019
• Executed systems planning, business information analysis and process improvement initiatives.
• Support staff and end user with resolution of systems issues, malfunctions or software programming problems.
• Managed full hardware development planning process including the design of specifications, diagrams, techniques and strategies.
Company review summary
IT Specialist/Research (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 2, 2019
A typical day at work pleasant

What I have learned flexible

Management was pleasant

Workplace culture pleasant

The hardest part of the job was leaving the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working together.
productive and fun
LAN Installer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VADecember 21, 2018
Pulling cable for net work installation and phones.Things learn cable management, Routers ,switches .Management was great had people to work with.culture mix good people to work with.Hard part of the job was hanging conduit pipe,Enjoyable part was testing of all the equipment.
Pros
Knowing all was working at the end of the day
Cons
Demanding work.
N/a
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Navy, VADecember 5, 2018
It is mostly prior military with a diverse work force. Employee Stock Options Program is good, great benefits. Low stress environment and somewhat flexible schedule.
Not just a number
SHIPBUILDING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  MississippiDecember 4, 2018
American Systems cares about the employee. I am the only Employee on this contract. The work is not strenuous and my Manager is available, from D.C., with just a phone call. The government personnel here are easy to work with, friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable.
Great place for work, home balance! They understand
International Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 19, 2018
In my 5 years I have experienced the best management team. No micro-managing and very understanding to work, life balance. That means a lot for working parents with small school aged children.

Want to know more about AMERICAN SYSTEMS?

Ask a question
Benefit cuts and no growth
Sr. Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 24, 2018
Worked with good people.
Left due to eventually being forced into employee-managed benefits program and stagnant position with no opportunities for growth.
Interesting and Educational Place to work.
BICSI Tech 3 (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 5, 2018
OK place to work. Could be more secure in job security and career goals. Management could be a little more efficient. However, I enjoyed working with the American Systems Team.
Make the best of your opportunities
Cable Technician IV (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 24, 2018
American Systems is a great place to work if you know where and what you want to be! You have to have a vision and go with it. Stay determined and focused. This is a company where a tech can easily fall through the cracks and be looked at as just part of the crew. So, you have to advocate for yourself, be proactive and stay on top of the little things that make you a great employee.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Expensive Benefits, leave policy, commutes
Lack of Job security
Junior Marine Engineer (ISEA Rep) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92108September 21, 2018
Productive and fun place to work. However, there is no job security due to lack of Government to follow with contracts arrangements. Apart from that, I enjoyed every single day I spent working for American Systems.
Pros
Fun environment and fun people to work.
Cons
No job security.
Great company
Project/Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2018
This company has a lot of retiring employees, but they are trying to develop their management staff. Willing to pay for any type of training you may want.
Good company
Sr. Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hill AFB, UTSeptember 17, 2018
The company hires professionals to staff government support contracts. I had a great deal of respect for the company and management. The job is extremely dependent upon the government agency that awards the contract.
Pros
Good people within the company, strong professional culture.
American Systems
Senior Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 13, 2018
Our team was removed from the corporate culture, as the corporation base is in Virginia. Despite this, our VPs maintained good contact and a pulse on what we were doing. I felt the company was professional and cared about the employees.
Productive place to work
Business Case Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 24, 2018
Small company great work environment. Benefits competitive, i would recommend this position to a friend. I have enjoyed my time at American Systems Corporation.
Employee-owned company, great culture
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 17, 2018
I have been an employee-owner at American Systems for five years now. The work is interesting and engaging, and the culture values each employee and emphasizes work/life balance. Employee ownership fosters an atmosphere of accountability and dedication to quality.
They are a Good company
Senior System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDAugust 13, 2018
I am a service member and they were very cooperative to when I had duty. Also very flexible when It came to personal matters. They will work with you if you just talk to them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMERICAN SYSTEMS. Our community is ready to answer.