American Tire Distributors Employee Reviews

Satisfactory
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCAugust 16, 2018
Only wish transparency was true. Being laid off does not bring positive review for anyone. The company needs to value employees better and not jump to conclusions with the change of the market.
great place to work
Distribution Center Hub Manager (Current Employee) –  Halethorpe, MDAugust 11, 2018
The growth potential was great. There are so many DC's thru the county that if your life changed or you were willing to move your growth potential was unlimited. Pay was fair and the company has done a good job of employee development over the last few years.
Pros
growth potential and pay
Cons
company lost 2 largest distibutors
Fast-paced changing distributing environment
Government Sales Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 10, 2018
Priortizing daily workload to meet deadlines
Management was organized
FET claims were very manual and tedious
High volume workload
Enjoy working independently among my peers
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Workload tedious, manual, and very time-consuming
Losing clients
High volume AP Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCAugust 9, 2018
Company has continued to lose large clients causing layoffs and with more cmoing. The culture has changes with the hiring of executive level management who are rude and crude to employees and who show no remorse in doing so.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
no opportunities
Horrible work ethic
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 6, 2018
The management doesn’t hold all the employees to the same standard and will not enforce rules when employees disobey them. Management also covers up accidents so they can meet requirements for bonuses.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Coworkers, work hours, management
Atd review
Tire Pros Retail Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 6, 2018
Working as a Tire Pros Retail Business Consultant was very enjoyabe. It lwt me assist other dealers to make them successful in their business. I was very successful in the position
Not good
Wearhouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 5, 2018
ATD is very fast paced and can be fun to work there some days but 99.99 % of the time the manager is always yelling and talking down to you, the pay is way to little, and there is absolutely no room to move in the company like they say
ATD USED to be a good place to work for
IT consultant (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJuly 25, 2018
This new management can turn any good company to go towards bankruptcy. All top management does is bring their own people, and their people brings their people and this continues. By the time you will learn how to do your job properly, you will be chopped. There are no checks and balance. HR dept is a joke.
Once again, used to be good place to work for under the previous CEO.
Pros
Free soda, you can take mini walks outside and benefits
Cons
Management, poor culture, no communication, no appreciation
Good job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 24, 2018
Great people and supervisors job is relaxed overtime anytime u need it on Saturdays they give u medical and dental u get a discount on tires .........
Pros
Free luch on saturdays
Cons
Short breaks
Pay rate and hours worked
B CDl delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILJuly 20, 2018
I didn't mind the hours as I am single and didn't spend more than 1 night away from home at a time. For me being single I needed a better paying job with benefits and only actually worked here around a month. The owners are good people. My pay was $75 a day and .16 a mile which just didn't cover my bills.
Pros
Good owners
Cons
lower mileage pay
Picking order for tires.
Forklift and order picker operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 19, 2018
They would use a cherry picker to pick, sort and move the tires. Loading and unloading of tires off of trailers and containers. Shipping tires through the FedEx delivery system.
structured company with an excellent work environment.
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJuly 17, 2018
IT Management provided opportunities and encouraged improving current skills and learning new skills. They were always introducing the latest technologies so that we could incorporate them into our systems.
The work was challenging and time estimates were reasonable.

The company was constantly growing and adapting to the growth.
The company used an open door policy and required transparency in communication.
Could be a great place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 11, 2018
Could be a great place to work. It’s fast paced most days and physically rewarding. One the other hand it can be slow and boring, which is nice most days. Difficulty to move up in company
Benefits
Cons
Short if any breaks if you’re not a smoker
chaos and inconsistent
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 28, 2018
started with the company when was still family owned.then became bank owned and big corporate mentality,,,only numbers mattered,,customer service went out the window employee treatment went out the window,,and an endless revolving door of managers trying to reinvent the wheel and screw over anyone in their way...employees are seen as the problem and not a valuable asset
Pros
discount on tire purchases
Cons
poor raises, non stop drama..inconsistent management
Fast paced, well organized
In my capacity of Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2018
This is a very fast paced and busy atmosphere. The days go by fast and the work is rewarding. It is a pleasure to be able to get the many business owners back on the road quickly when they come in to pick up tires for their customers.
Pros
Many happy customers
Cons
Sometimes there is no time for a quick break
Ads
Accont Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York StateJune 9, 2018
As an ADS, be prepared to work long hours and travel too many miles. If you have a family, you won’t see them much. Too much unnecessary paperwork. The direction from management is not consistent. This company is also reactive to the market, not proactive. Be ready to put out more fires than you can imagine when other people don’t do their jobs and it falls on you. The only way you will make money here is to hit above your base commission. Other wise, it is a great palce to work.
Horrible policies
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 6, 2018
I worked in the bay area and transferred to Sacramento and worked my butt off. Made thousands in OT. Management was a joke. Only thing I don't like is that when you're discharged from payroll you can never reapply for the company.
vary fast paced.
Customer Service Rep/ route driver/ warehouse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 23, 2018
The last position I held was a warehouse associate position which was vary fast paced most of the time but overall it was good place to work most of the time.
Pros
great upper level management.
Cons
alot of heavy lifting.
lace with ping pong tableIts
Warehouse Associate/Picker Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 14, 2018
Just go in and do your work and you'll see progression management could be better, 30 min lunches, make sure you are on time, you get to learn how to drive a picker while you are working there
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, NYMay 6, 2018
I have been with this company for five years and I have learned a lot to the point where I want to challenge my skills and gain employment with a company where I can learn new things.
Pros
Cons
Pay, raises