American Tower Employee Reviews

productive, high pace, high stress
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 19, 2018
this is a productive work environment although the company focus on productivity results in a sacrifice of a healthy work-life balance. Many hours of overtime are required in salaried postions.
Pros
autionomous work environment
Cons
excessive demands on time
fun workplace, manager amazing
FAA/FCC Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 12, 2018
Non-stressful days
Learned more about the Cellular industry
Management was great
Culture very good
Job was not hard at all
Enjoyed the company and team
Pros
Work environment and traveling
Cons
a lot of paper work
Strong company but lacked direction
Senior Supply Chain Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2018
Very strong in its industry but constant reorganizations caused confusion and fear with its employees. Collaboration between departments is very tough and competitive.
Pros
Pay and stock options
Cons
Constant reorganizations
Over all it is a good company to work for
Sr. Member Staff of the Innovation Team (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 8, 2018
They pay well, the upper management is sincere, fun and smart. They do care about employee. it is a small company in the sense of number of people everybody knows everybody type.
Friendly staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2018
Each department collaborated with other efficiently to get the job done. Great work environment with company functions to interact with team members. Annual holiday parties and picnics are examples of events designed to develop team cohesiveness.
Hard working company
Land Lease Administration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJune 5, 2018
Had to many levels of management and had trouble with work flow. Used older oracle software. Learned a lot about leases and property management. Good stock options if planning on staying with company.
Unorganized company
Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAApril 9, 2018
-Established cliques make it hard for new employees to grow -Incredible lack of communication within departments and cross-functionally, specifically with HR/recruiting. -management recognizes the fact that planning is a challenge yet does nothing to address it -we’re supposed to “Focus on solutions, not problems” so most employees don’t care to address the root cause of a problem so that it doesn’t happen again...this makes most situations an unnecessary fire drill -micromanaging...manager wants us to copy her on all deliverables yet clearly can’t properly manage their inbox due to so many emails. We’re expected to respond to all inquiries within 24 hours and that should be applied to all levels of the organization. Mgr can’t keep up with our inquiries as their inbox is flooded with unnecessary emails due to the need to micromanage. -goals for the year are given towards end of 1st quarter, why should employees be hounded about being proactive when management/VPs fail to empower us to do so? -performance reviews are completely opinion based...a company that operates based on data should also be reviewing performance based on data, metrics. -nobody wants to take responsibility for their actions...accountability is a huge issue here -cross functional teams routinely dismiss recommendations and then cause more unnecessary fire drills when they realize that going about a certain task THEIR way didn’t work out as they expected -training does not exist for most roles
Pros
Free water
Cons
Lots of contractors-difficult to build relationships, salary, Hr, parking lot is too small
Good company & Benefits
Operations (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 18, 2018
Fast paced, ever changing, sometimes too much. Fortune 500 REIT that cares about the investors. Must know how to play the political corporate games. The employee can at times get lost in the race. Benefits are great, pay not as much.
benefits
Cons
wages
Summary
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 14, 2018
My typical work day is consistent with me leading and directing the projects that I have due. I am able to work with lots of autonomy and no pressure or stressful deadlines.
Typical corporate culture for better and worse.
Attorney (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 14, 2018
Experiences may vary depending on which part of the business you work, and your specific function.

Benefits, including medical insurance and time off, are quite good.

In the legal department, pay does not scale very well, and there are not many opportunities for advancement. However, many of the managers are reasonably intelligent and understanding of those facts.

As with any workplace, favoritism/personalities can play a factor in raises, bonuses, and promotions.
Pros
Good work/life balance, good health insurance and reasonable time off.
Cons
Pay, opportunities for advancement.
Good Company, Fast-Paced
Site Design Speacialist (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCFebruary 8, 2018
Good environment and benefits, however, lacks upward mobility for design employees. Due to company structure work can be very repetitive- get used to doing the same thing everyday.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No Upward Mobility
Started off as a great place to work ended as one of the worst.
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAFebruary 6, 2018
It was a great place if you worked in collections however I moved into Marketing and the manager was one of the worst I have ever experienced. I had to leave the company as there was no way to go back to collections.
Administrative assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2018
Typed invoice payments and reviewed contracts. We were in a merger. The most difficult was collecting contracts from prior companies to centralize into our new system
Good for short term employment
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJanuary 26, 2018
I worked there in the spring of 2017 as an analyst. I was disappointed that not everyone hired for a specific position would actually work in that department, which in my case was finance, but I found myself supporting the legal team. It also seemed as though they had a high turnover rate.
I found that promotions were limited (and even if earned, they seemed much more of a lateral move); consequently, management was constantly fighting for power.

The team as a whole (even in different departments) seemed nice enough, the facilities were nice (great fresh cafeteria food)
Pros
Fair/Competitive compensation
Cons
High turnover & Management was constantly fighting for power
Field operations technician in Tower lighting technician Forum lighting maintenance also managed the western part of Tennessee
Field Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 25, 2018
A very great place to work constant growth and expansion American tires are great company. I manage all of the West Tennessee is a field operations technician from maintenance to landlord relations to all aspects of the tower industry
Overall good place to work
Operations Field Support (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 25, 2018
Good people to work with. Typical day involved colocations, tower upgrades, lighting audits, NTP's, and safety. Learned much about the wireless industry.
Great Training
National Environmental Health & Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 22, 2018
Great company

Committee

Investigations

Audits

EHS Programs

Develop and supervise training programs
Great teamwork environment
Senior Manager - Accounting (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAJanuary 12, 2018
Many teams needs to complete month end close. Al teams work well within their groups and interdependently. Deadlines are known and communicated well.
I was contractor
RF Engineer (Former Employee) –  nort carolinaJanuary 11, 2018
Since I was contractor they put me as much as possible of work load, not paying overtime. That means maximum load possible to pay minimum possible. I don't know what else to say
Good Company
Sr. Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2018
Great company to work for.
Typical work day includes:
Flexibility in work schedule
Flexibility in time off request
Minimum supervision

Learned:
Project Management Skills and Processes
Ability to work in other departments during my tenure
Work with various cultures within the organization
Build my Management Skills

Challenges:
Growth within the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Tower. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight