American Traveler Employee Reviews

I would definitely use them again.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 14, 2018
I found AT to be very responsive to any questions or concerns I had regarding my assignments. The housing was comfortable and the positions I took were as advertised. I enjoyed working with AT and would use them if I ever decided to travel again.
Pros
Housing, salary
The Healthcare Staffing Industry is Red Hot
Director (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 28, 2018
Whether you are looking for your next travel nursing job or your first job out of college joining the workforce, this is an exciting industry with growth and career advancement.

What I love about working American Traveler is the people. They are smart, hard working, and strive to make a difference in people's lives.
Pros
Fun, collaborative, contemporary work environment, and catered lunches and snacks once a week
Cons
Occasionally working past 6 pm
Great Place To Work!!
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 18, 2018
I have worked for American Traveler for many years and I am very satisfied with my job and the company. A sales-driven business involves being performance driven and that does equate to an understandable amount of pressure. I believe management does a good job at creating and maintaining a positive, upbeat work culture and provides many perks and fun contests to balance that out. I have learned valuable skills in my position here and continue to grow and succeed with the support of my coworkers and managers.
Pros
Great Food Events, Intern Program, Supportive environment.
Not easy
Sales & Contract Processing/ Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 2, 2018
I hated ut but the best tging is the people you work with they try to help and make things fun and trull care about you but most of them are really good people
Pros
Paid vacations
Travel nursing
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2018
Nursing jobs for 3 months at a time.
performed standard RN tasks in acute care facilities
weekly contact by phone or email for support
in this role I learned to be more flexible as a temporary staff member.
Great work life balance and ability to explore new areas of the country
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
some situations not as nice as others
Dont know much
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 16, 2018
Worked for them years ago. They were a good company but had a few issues. I dont know if they have change since. But the owners were nice and respectful.
Great Company
Recruiter/Sales (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 31, 2017
Competitive industry. Career advancement and management techniques questionable although they mean well. If you are looking to have some fun and learn sales techniques this is the place for you. Most of the day to day work demands can become highly redundant. Outbound call demand high otherwise success is merely luck/external influences.Turnover rate alarming.
Part Time Intern
Employment Verification Intern (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 20, 2018
I worked at American Traveler as an Employment Verification Intern. There is a lot to learn and there is a lot of potential to move up to become a recruiter if that is something that you want to do.
Great place to work, I feel like I really matter!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 20, 2013
I just celebrated my 5 year anniversary. The best decision I ever made was to leave the environment I had been working in and join this company where I have a career, not a job. My co-workers are always pleasant, management works hard along side of us and is always supportive. I am expected to work hard and get results but I am given the tools and motivation to do that. I feel good when I go home at night because I gave my best next to others who also gave their best.
Pros
Incentives for performance are very achievable
Cons
Competitive business, always have to be on my game
I am proud to work for American Traveler corporate and highly recommend to Travelers!
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 25, 2017
From the perspective of an employee who has been working for corporate American Traveler for over 7 years, I can say that I find this to be a great company. In my role I interact with all the departments of this agency and can truly say that our corporate environment is upbeat and engaging. While we do focus on productivity, we continually train, encourage and support staff. We work hard but also have fun which translates directly to the Traveler experience and the level of service we provide. I have always been impressed by the level of ethics and professionalism demonstrated in all areas and how much effort is put behind all aspects of what we do both for internal staff and our Travelers.
Pros
Great Events!
American Traveler
RN Critical care traveler (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLOctober 12, 2016
13 week travel assignments in critical care. Found that a lot of the hospitals I contracted with floated me to med surg floors which was not what I was there for. Pay for travel not that great unless you want to go west coast. Benefits were not that great.
Pros
opportunity to travel
Cons
pay and benefits not that great
Great company to work for!
CST (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJune 16, 2016
I feel like this company has the best of the best and am proud to be a part of a great company. Compensation is great and they make it easy for me to transition. I like how I get my questions answered right away and the support they provide.
Travel nurse
Travel Intensive Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 12, 2018
Traveled to areas of need that may be transitioning to a different computer charting system or have several new nurses being trained. I learned a lot from traveling and issues that other hospitals face. Most of the hospitals were very travel friendly. The hardest part was making new friends then your 13 week assignment was over.
Best Decision I Have Ever Made
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boca RatonAugust 10, 2015
I have been working at American Traveler about a year now and working for this company has been the best decision I have ever made. I turned down a job offer from another company to work for American Traveler and I have never looked back. I enjoy coming into work everyday because there is always a new challenge to conquer and the people are a joy to work with. This company has enabled me to improve on all my skills, in and out of the office. They answer any questions I have and support me in my growth within the company. The most appealing aspect of the company is the opportunity for upward mobility. Succeeding in my career is my ultimate goal and I have found a great fit. I highly recommend anyone to apply and take a chance like I did. There are so many possibilities within this company.
Pros
Positive work environment, upward mobility, friendly & encouraging management
Its ok job they will fire you on short notice
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 15, 2016
is pretty mean, fake smile be careful with her. Very tiring... then don't honor there compensation package. sdfdsfsdf
Great company to work for- Rewarding and Supportive!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 30, 2015
This is a work environment that is definitely sales driven, but with a positive and encouraging atmosphere. Management values their employees and there is an open door policy- Feedback and suggestions are always welcome at all levels. And in sales, this is definitely crucial!

American Traveler ensures that you are set up for success not only by extensive training in the beginning, but throughout your entire career. There are also several opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Supportive Management, Achievable Goals
Cons
Competitive Business
Great Recruiter = Great Experience
RN (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 24, 2017
American Traveler is my first travel company I have used and I could not have asked for a better experience. I have a great professional rapport with my recruiter; my recruiter, Cassandra Levin, tries her best to get me the best travel assignment possible, is on top of everything and hits me up with a text, phone call, or email at LEAST once-twice a week. The reality is travel nursing is competitive, you won't always get the pay or the location you want; but working with a positive recruiter makes all the difference. Overall, I'm very happy with my experience with American Traveler.
Pros
Flexible, multiple job opportunities, easily reached respresentatives, professionalism
Cons
No reimbursement of certifications
Hard to deal with at times
MEDICAL SURGICAL TRAVEL NURSE (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Difficult travel assignment, very little support from recruiter, did arrange housing, hard to get in touch with recruiter at times for questions, horrible travel hospital with heavy pt to nurse load and I was not notified per travel company up front
Pros
Travel
Cons
Not enough communication
American Traveler
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLFebruary 20, 2018
This is a travel agency and I am traveling locally to hospitals around the area. I work in ICU on nights. I take care of critically sick patients. It is fast paced and demanding but rewarding to see patients get better.
great work place. period
current employee (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 29, 2017
The staff at American Traveler made me feel welcomed from day one. They are a well groomed company, with room to advance with your skills. I absolutely love my job, and would recommend it to any person looking for a new career. It is a great feeling to know that you have found your forever job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Traveler. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2