American Traveler Employee Reviews

Travel nursing
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2018
Nursing jobs for 3 months at a time.
performed standard RN tasks in acute care facilities
weekly contact by phone or email for support
in this role I learned to be more flexible as a temporary staff member.
Great work life balance and ability to explore new areas of the country
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
some situations not as nice as others
Part Time Intern
Employment Verification Intern (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 20, 2018
I worked at American Traveler as an Employment Verification Intern. There is a lot to learn and there is a lot of potential to move up to become a recruiter if that is something that you want to do.
Great Place To Work!!
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 18, 2018
I have worked for American Traveler for many years and I am very satisfied with my job and the company. A sales-driven business involves being performance driven and that does equate to an understandable amount of pressure. I believe management does a good job at creating and maintaining a positive, upbeat work culture and provides many perks and fun contests to balance that out. I have learned valuable skills in my position here and continue to grow and succeed with the support of my coworkers and managers.
Pros
Great Food Events, Intern Program, Supportive environment.
I would definitely use them again.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 14, 2018
I found AT to be very responsive to any questions or concerns I had regarding my assignments. The housing was comfortable and the positions I took were as advertised. I enjoyed working with AT and would use them if I ever decided to travel again.
Pros
Housing, salary
American Traveler
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLFebruary 20, 2018
This is a travel agency and I am traveling locally to hospitals around the area. I work in ICU on nights. I take care of critically sick patients. It is fast paced and demanding but rewarding to see patients get better.
Travel nurse
Travel Intensive Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 12, 2018
Traveled to areas of need that may be transitioning to a different computer charting system or have several new nurses being trained. I learned a lot from traveling and issues that other hospitals face. Most of the hospitals were very travel friendly. The hardest part was making new friends then your 13 week assignment was over.
Hard to deal with at times
MEDICAL SURGICAL TRAVEL NURSE (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Difficult travel assignment, very little support from recruiter, did arrange housing, hard to get in touch with recruiter at times for questions, horrible travel hospital with heavy pt to nurse load and I was not notified per travel company up front
Pros
Travel
Cons
Not enough communication
Great Company
Recruiter/Sales (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 31, 2017
Competitive industry. Career advancement and management techniques questionable although they mean well. If you are looking to have some fun and learn sales techniques this is the place for you. Most of the day to day work demands can become highly redundant. Outbound call demand high otherwise success is merely luck/external influences.Turnover rate alarming.
surgical tech travel
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  txNovember 13, 2017
good to work for love my requiter
Amy Rolls. I got to see lots of places and enjoyed it very much.
I also meet lots of people from all walks of life and found that to be a great learning experience.
Pros
travel
Cons
tempary
great work place. period
current employee (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 29, 2017
The staff at American Traveler made me feel welcomed from day one. They are a well groomed company, with room to advance with your skills. I absolutely love my job, and would recommend it to any person looking for a new career. It is a great feeling to know that you have found your forever job.
I am proud to work for American Traveler corporate and highly recommend to Travelers!
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 25, 2017
From the perspective of an employee who has been working for corporate American Traveler for over 7 years, I can say that I find this to be a great company. In my role I interact with all the departments of this agency and can truly say that our corporate environment is upbeat and engaging. While we do focus on productivity, we continually train, encourage and support staff. We work hard but also have fun which translates directly to the Traveler experience and the level of service we provide. I have always been impressed by the level of ethics and professionalism demonstrated in all areas and how much effort is put behind all aspects of what we do both for internal staff and our Travelers.
Pros
Great Events!
Great Recruiter = Great Experience
RN (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 24, 2017
American Traveler is my first travel company I have used and I could not have asked for a better experience. I have a great professional rapport with my recruiter; my recruiter, Cassandra Levin, tries her best to get me the best travel assignment possible, is on top of everything and hits me up with a text, phone call, or email at LEAST once-twice a week. The reality is travel nursing is competitive, you won't always get the pay or the location you want; but working with a positive recruiter makes all the difference. Overall, I'm very happy with my experience with American Traveler.
Pros
Flexible, multiple job opportunities, easily reached respresentatives, professionalism
Cons
No reimbursement of certifications
Travel nurse
RN Med/Surg (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 15, 2017
Assignments or contracts are not always as they are presented. Learned very quickly to have a more detailed contract as once you arrive at a facility you may be transferred to units you have no experience with and can be dangerous.
Nice Place to work
Healthcare Compliance (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 13, 2017
The Leadership Team is completely in touch with the business. This is by far the most employee friendly company that I have worked in. Professional, hard working, top notch employees.
Good Learning Experience
Intern (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 19, 2017
I enjoyed my time at American Traveler. My internship consisted primarily of sales prospecting and employment verification. I had the opportunity to work directly with some of the company's top producers and gained valuable sales experience along the way!
Paid Internship/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 30, 2017
My role was very straight forward, I sat in a cubicle and confirmed employment for individuals in the health care field. I enjoyed it, it was a wonderful experience.
Pros
Easy Job Task
Cons
Not enough hours
Exceptional Organization
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 22, 2017
I recently completed my very first 13 week travel case management assignment that was extremely challenging and totally rewarding. I was able to network with other healthcare and form lasting friendships. American Traveler, thank you for helping to make my initial travel assignment a great experience.
Pros
competitive pay, housing accommodation, support from recruiter
Cons
On boarding process is very lengthy.
Very competitive and stressful
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 12, 2017
Listed positions were available to over 20 agencies at the same time. It seemed there were not enough non vendor hospital contracts with facilities. Most positions posted were through 3rd party vendors.
Pros
Support staff was great
Cons
Lack of non vendor client contracts
Travel Nursing
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 7, 2017
I worked at Cleveland Clinic MICU for nearly 2 years and loved it. It could be uncertain when looking to get renewed or find another assignment. Your contact will look for positions and keep you in the loop to decide what assignment is right for you.
Outstanding!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 11, 2017
I started with American Traveler as an experienced nurse, but a newbie to the travel world. My recruiter, Staci, all but spoon fed me through those first few contracts! More than 5 years later, I have never needed to look anywhere else for work. AT has found me the jobs I wanted, competitive pay for those jobs, all while supporting me through the ups & downs of being on the road. I've even had emails answered at 3am! I can't stress enough how important being a name, a nurse, a person is in this business. I've never been just a file on someone's desk. American Traveler is how I've stayed on the road these last 5 years. . .and counting!
Pros
Fabulous recruiter, payroll, support staff
Cons
No vacation time, but great overtime pay compensates!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Traveler. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2