American University Employee Reviews

Dinning Service
Utility Person (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 9, 2019
Being a worker with my character is needed. I'm am fully dedicated to meeting all my job requirements. I give 100% to get the job done and operate efficiently with management and staff. Being an reliable fast pace worker I'm counted on during busy hours of service to keep an kitchen, dish room, and dinning hall clean.
I have learnt a lot!
Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 19, 2019
Good environment for work! Professional and nice colleagues and supervisor. I improved my Tableau skill from my work as I need to provide professional visualizations.
Flexible work environment
Senior Communications Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 6, 2019
Great employment opportunities for the working students. Flexible and collaborative work environment. Great management in general. Accommodating of students!
Great place to TA
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 21, 2019
I TA'd for a required senior internship in economics. It was great. I loved going over course concepts with new microeconomics students. The schedule was not that intense.
Ambiente dinamico y de respeto
Secretaria Administrativa (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PRJanuary 23, 2019
Un buen empleo. Solo que era por temporada de Universidad
Pros
Ambiente de respeto
Cons
Temporero
great
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 13, 2019
i was a student worker with the school and it was great. i recall memory time as I helped students fix their IT issues in a timely manner. I handled phone directory too.
Great school with a great campus
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 7, 2019
As only an adjunct, I don't spend too much time interacting with other employees, but the campus is very nice and it is easy to find help when it is required.
American University
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 12, 2018
Great colleagues, collaborative work environment. Low adjunct pay. Room for advancement, and excellent on-campus support. Teaching Round Tables to review best practices with colleagues of all abilities and experience.
Good entry-level opportunities
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 3, 2018
Great people and pretty relaxed work-environment (fast-paced during certain times of the year). I recommend for those who are recent graduates and looking to get experience and enjoy the perks of being in DC.
Pros
Free lunches, university-wide events
Teachers Assistant - Macroeconomics (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 10, 2018
Nothing too challenging, working there allowed my time to be used well. I was able to network with professors and students on a regular basis. Great place to work.
Challenging work, poor upper management
Digital Marketing Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 22, 2018
upper management lacked experience in digital space.

IT management was very strong, however tools were outdated and little visibility to the marketing department needs.
Well organized
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  dcOctober 7, 2018
I can never forget my time at AU. Loads of work but the fun part is, one never realizes that. The organization is equipped with the best of people, who help newcomers in every manner.
Pros
well organized
it's good.
Coordinator on website design (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 4, 2018
As I just worked as a part-time employee, I actually can not provide a well-rounded opinion. As far as I know, it's good to work with. I had a very flexible time schedule and learned a lot about web design work.
EA to Information Technology Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2018
Wonder place to work! Flexible hours, understanding boss that didn't stand over you as long as you did you work. She took more of a hand-off approach and allowed you the opportunity to do your job. There was great opportunities to advance in the workplace. Because it is a university, there were plenty of opportunities to advance because they believe in promoting from within. They also have great benefit packages with tuition reimbursement.
High turn over
Sr. Communications, Marketing & Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 31, 2018
I would not recommend this employer - high turn over and toxic team dynamics. There was no room to grow and management does not support workers of color.
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
High turn over
Amazing
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 17, 2018
Working as a TA helped me understand students coming into a certain field, major, or class. It also helped me creating study guides, homework, and class work for them. It also helped me let the professor know what was and wasn't a big "study issue", "class work issue", or "paper issue". Over all it was an amazing time.
American University is located in Cairo Egypt.
Associate Director of Traditional Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 14, 2018
International University, part of the American Universities throughout the country. Very diversified student population, from many different countries and many different languages.
review
Computational Researcher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 24, 2018
Great working environment. But there needs to be more opportunities for science-related students and more funding as well. Look forward to working here again.
The environment is fast-paced
Counselor, Admissions & Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 9, 2018
Provided admissions and financial aid counseling for graduate students. Conducted workshops and new student orientation. Oversaw Satisfactory Academic Progress audits. Reported on financial assistance programs for academic departments. Managed a $6M restricted scholarship budget and served on various committees, including a committee to enhance departmental publications. Assisted with university admissions.
Great environment
Vice-President, AU Think (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 6, 2018
Good and friendly people. The atmosphere is welcoming and people are willing to teach you the ropes and the compensation/benefits are great. Hardest part of the job is the commute