American University Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
American University is located in Cairo Egypt.
Associate Director of Traditional Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 14, 2018
International University, part of the American Universities throughout the country. Very diversified student population, from many different countries and many different languages.
review
Computational Researcher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 24, 2018
Great working environment. But there needs to be more opportunities for science-related students and more funding as well. Look forward to working here again.
The environment is fast-paced
Counselor, Admissions & Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 9, 2018
Provided admissions and financial aid counseling for graduate students. Conducted workshops and new student orientation. Oversaw Satisfactory Academic Progress audits. Reported on financial assistance programs for academic departments. Managed a $6M restricted scholarship budget and served on various committees, including a committee to enhance departmental publications. Assisted with university admissions.
Great environment
Vice-President, AU Think (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 6, 2018
Good and friendly people. The atmosphere is welcoming and people are willing to teach you the ropes and the compensation/benefits are great. Hardest part of the job is the commute
Good but boring
Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 2, 2018
The company has valuable offerings and nice co-workers but it's boring and lacks advancement. But the environment is relaxed and people are friendly. I recommend working there but if you don't want advancement in your career.
typical day at work
Audio Visual Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Katzen Art CenterJune 27, 2018
not enjoyable, didn't learn much, the woman I worked under was not helpful when I asked questions. I often felt like I had nothing to do and when I had to leave for medical reasons and relocate she did not make me feel comfortable about leaving.
Stable with good benefits, but low pay
Overnight Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 19, 2018
Good benefits, but pay itself is low. Got 21 days of leave + sick leave. Great retirement plan. Stable job, but with limited growth dependent on where you work. Great retirement plan. Stress level will vary based on what department you work in and the time of the year. Some places are extremely laid pad.
Pros
Lots of leave after 5 years. Retirement plan is outstanding
Cons
Stagnant, little room for growth. You'll know when you hit your ceiling.
University with academic freedoms
Assistant Professor of Project Mgmt (Former Employee) –  Central AsiaJune 13, 2018
This a university, which does not have enough teachers to to teach all prescribed subjects, so many teachers have to teach subjects not directly related to their knowledge.
Great jobs for students
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 31, 2018
Flexible, part-time hours great for undergrad or graduate students. Low- stress environment. Flexible supervisors. Good pay and availability of hours.
Great Place to Work
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 17, 2018
Wonderful place to work.. Must meet the students needs. The staff and supervisor are wonderful. This is truly a place to work. You work as a time.
Fun place to work.
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2018
Great location. Great culture. Could become busy during registration. Technology is top notch. there are many opportunities to move to different teams.
Excellent work place as adjujnct law professor
Adjunct Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2018
I enjoyed my time whilst at WCL. I recommend this law school for those considering law teaching as this was my first law teaching job out of law school.
Great work environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 12, 2018
The supervisor here was friendly and helpful. The work environment was very positive and American University is a nice location to work at. There were many tools and resources available to help complete the work.
Doesn't have a good management
SD/Detection Operator (Former Employee) –  PD 6 darlamanApril 6, 2018
The managers every ones trying to hire his family member the managers behaving is not good with another staffs now American University is looking like a family organization. whatever my salary is also not henave I'm trying to find another job
Good workplace enviornment
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 25, 2018
My supervisor created a pleasant workplace environment and worked with me to make sure that I was able to keep up with my coursework as well as the work she needed me to complete.
American University
Curriculum Developer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 22, 2018
Like any other university, it can be sometimes too focused on academia and obsessed over raising funds versus furthering research. All in all, a great school.
Nice
Secretary, Student Government (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 5, 2018
I didn't work for the university, I worked for a club housed within the university but yeah the school is great I guess 10/10 would recommend, maybe they'll do tuition reimbursement
my experience was great!
Utility Worker/ Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 24, 2018
my experience with this company showed me better experience and customer service skills. i enjoyed learning how to prep, cook different meals while learning and meeting diffrent personalities.
Great university
Doctoral Student (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 15, 2018
I did not work at this university, I was simply a student. It has a rigorous didactic program and you must work hard to keep up with the readings and deliverables.
Great place to work, great students, great environment all around
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 1, 2018
American University is a great campus, with great students. No wonder its School of Communications is among the nation's top 10! I can't say enough good things about AU.