American Vision Partners Employee Reviews

Bad Management
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2018
Management was more worried about promoting themselves, then providing employees with the tools the needed to succeed. They do not have your back. Also the pay they are offering for the work they required was not acceptable. Stress at work is okay sometimes, once that stress follows you home you know it's time to go.
Much Better Opportunities Out There
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 18, 2018
Loved what I did and the impact I had on the company and employees. However, it's a cutthroat environment with poor culture and management. Unfair and unequal pay. Company is extremely top heavy and underpay lower level employees that do all the work. My manager was the definition of a mean girl. First impression, she was awesome and outgoing but as you work with her more her true colors show. She is negative, manipulative and a bully. Several department members brought it to the attention of the VP but nothing was ever done. Almost the whole department has turned over in a single year speaks volumes of the leadership.
Pros
Met some awesome coworkers, gave back to the community, lots of opportunities for growth on the clinic/asc level
Great techs and doctors, but stuck in corporate limbo
Ophthalmic Assistant (Former Employee) –  TravellingJune 30, 2018
I had a great experience working with fellow techs and the doctors here. But the corporate atmosphere only got worse when American Vision Partners took over. The pay is extremely low compared with other clinics in town. They promote not based on skill and knowledge, but who you know.
Great company to work for
CRNA (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZJune 12, 2018
Without eye block experience I was hired and trained because of my long work history at Mayo. The culture is wonderful. Patients definitely come first.
Cons outweighs the pros
Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85016May 6, 2018
I currently work at the practice I enjoy my position. However there are several cons with the company that do not balance the pros. The pros would be friendly staff that make coming to works a bit easier. Cons consists of management communication, to many higher up positions to get a simple yes or no answer. The doctors are completely over booked everyday and patients get upset with long wait times. They do not offer overtime if you have a set schedule Monday -Friday and asked to come in Saturday you must find time to flex that week overtime will not be tolerated. The company is also email happy. However the new CEO has came in and kind of created a little bit better of an atomosphere but he also is not in clinic everyday to see the negative coming from the management. I feel like they need to send out secret shoppers to certain locations to see what they can better improve on.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
managment communication, to many people to go thru to get a simple answer
Great company to work for!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 27, 2018
The company is growing and they are doing an incredible job bringing two brands together while making you feel valued. I genuinely love going to work everyday because of my co workers, patients, doctors, and our leadership team. Our CEO and leadership team does a great job of keeping employees updated on new opportunities, current accomplishments/wins, and areas that need improvement. I would recommend AVP to anyone looking for a new opportunity.
Pros
Growth, great environment, doctors
New Management
Director of Clinical Services (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 25, 2018
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center has changed ownership and management since I was employed there.

I do not have any opinions, good or bad as it relates to this company
Fast paced environment with growth opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 23, 2018
The organization is going through a lot of changes but they are for the better. You have to have patiences and flexibility, but we are starting to see the benefits. New systems and larger organziation.
Pros
Growth, challenging, employees, patients
Cons
A lot of change
Do not work here
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 22, 2018
Management plays favorites, lack of through training, daily changes are made to insurance and policies, employees lie to patients, and if you don't kiss up to your manager you get fired.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Lack of Integrity
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 20, 2018
On the surface the management talks about the partnership with American Vision, and plans for growth. When you arrive, the office environment is terrible, so many new people, no training. Management is punitive driven and not knowledgeable on basics job functions of their employees.

Employee morale is awful, everyone in fear....
Pros
Free coffee
Cons

Want to know more about American Vision Partners?

Ask a question
Great people to work with!
Optician (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZApril 19, 2018
The office is always busy which helps pass the day. I love that my co-workers are always ready to help any time. My manager is amazing and always available when questions arise. I can’t think of a better place to work!
Pros
Paid time off, Health Ins., 401K, Fun Team
I have nothing to say.
Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 1, 2018
I do not have much to say about this company. They were going through a buy out and they were having a lot of problems with management. People were getting let go every day.
No advancement
Medical (Former Employee) –  AruzinaFebruary 23, 2018
Managers have a hard time making decisions they change weekly. Your stuck doing a role you are over qualified. They hire you for a position it will take you a year to work into. Some days are long others are short. Never know when your done for the day. You travel to get your hours never in 1 location for more than 2 days. You don't get breaks until surgery is over and that can be after 7 hours.
Cons
Lower wages and few breaks
Patient Care Counselor
Patient Care Counselor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 20, 2018
Given the materials and education through company to learn about advance technologies for Cataract Surgery. Constantly scheduling in a fast paced environment. Lack of incentives or bonuses for high conversions. Health care benefits have high premiums if it includes spouse or child with high deductibles. Hardest part of job is the workload since counselors schedule for multiple surgeons on a limited schedule. Most enjoyable part is everyone works as a team, and getting to know patients. Seeing results after Cataract surgery is rewarding as well.
Great work enviroment
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 8, 2018
Southwestern Eye Center has a family feeling. It was a great environment to learn and work in. There was always an appreciation for the employees. It was a joy working here.
Pros
flex time
Cons
the compensation wasn't great.
Fast-paced, cut throat environment
Ophthalmic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2018
When you get prepared for your day with patients, normally starting at 545-645 AM daily, you had better be ready for the doctors to show up an hour or so late and yelling and caring on, making it everyone else's fault that he was late. Never a good job, just a get out my way.
Pros
Co-workers
Decline to review
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2018
I worked with the company for 8+ years. I enjoyed the physicians and technicians who I worked with. My typical work schedule was Monday - Friday from 7-5.
Fun place minus the craziness
PATIENT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZDecember 29, 2017
It's a good place but only if you keep to yourself. It could be a little better working environment if it had better management and leadership and benefits.
Pros
Hour lunches, company lunches
Cons
favortism
Busy office with an extremely high call volume.
Scheduler/ Patient Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 13, 2017
This was an extremely fast paced office with an extremely high call volume. I was responsible for scheduling for a multi- provider practice in various offices in Arizona as well as verifying insurance benefits for each patient.
Pros
I enjoyed the interaction with the patients and doctors.
Fast past most days.
Ophthalmic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Show Low, AZNovember 24, 2017
A typical work day is busy. I learned a lot about ophthalmology. The upper management was helpful when they could be. Workplace culture is very strict is most aspects. Hardest part of the job was learning about everything I did not have experience in. Most enjoyable part of the job was the nice and friendly coworkers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Vision Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight