American Vision Windows

Working at American Vision Windows: 17 Reviews

United States17 reviews

There's a reason they call it work and not play.

AVW is a great job. I genuinely laugh and smile several times a day and management goes out of their way to show appreciation. It is work though and sometimes it is hard, sometimes it is boring and sometimes it seems unfair.

Pros

Periodic catered breakfasts or lunches and other perks

Cons

Can't make your own hours

Horrible company

Do not work here! Management is horrible and if you can get past the drama and the back stabbing this is the job for you. Management won’t do anything about some of the women who work here. If you want to be micromanaged and treated like a child then sign up. Maybe the other field offices are better but the Simi office is beyond help. There are a few good people here but for the most part I wouldn’t.

Pros

Vending machines

American Vision Windows insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

Friendly coworkers, long hours

Overall good experience here. Lots of OT. Made lot of good memories with some cool co workers. Room for advancement with lots of learning opportunities.

Pros

They often supplied boots for workers, good holiday parties

Cons

Flexibility in hours often working 6 days a week

The owners and the management team were humans and treated you as one.

The environment was like working for your family....the family you like. LOL. They treated you with respect and if you were there to work, learn, grow, and succeed they would help you do so.

Employee

Slow pace job, not much to do in the office you just have to pretend to do work. Other than that the real workers are in the warehouse or in the sales department. I hardly ever saw anyone work hard. We the sales team were the ones who carried the company.

Pretty good environment very poor pay rate

If you have children or a mortgage payment I wouldn’t recommend this job for the hrs that they have and the salary they give ... you wouldn’t make your 80hrs per check

Service manager is problematic.

Good company for all but service technician, service is run through California and scheduled by California people who don't know the area. Service manager in Simi valley is an egomaniac and does not communicate. Awful experience. Ken Shalek

Work

Mostly kept the ware house clean and stock up. Received ships and go to the field to drop off ideas and pick up idea as well. Go out to buy ideas we don’t have in the warehouse.

Great place to work, family environment

Great place to work. Work and family balance is an important part of the culture. AVW is generous w gifts and bonuses around the holidays. Generally supportive of their people, especially in a family crisis.

Pros

Fair wages, supportive environment, generous company

Cons

Not a whole lot of overtime

great place to learn and great compny to work for

great positive work environment. policies in place to reward people for hard work. company is a ESOP company, which means that employees are part owner of the company.

very fun and all about family

I had a lot of fun working with the people in our office. Everyone was kind and made sure the work place was successful. The owners were all about Family and made sure the staff was taken care of.

Pros

lunches at meetings, friendly work place

Cons

at times short staffed

Learned Alot

My first sales job in the home improvement industry. They taught me alot. It was a corporate company that operated like a family business. Very nice staff.

Family-like working environment

Working at American Vision Windows was on of the best working experiences of my life. In fact aside from painting the house with my dad, American Vision Windows was the best place I've ever worked for. This company takes care of its employees and is a safe and comfortable working environment.

Pros

Friendly coworkers, occasional free lunches

American Vision Windows

I was with this company for some time, but I've learned quite a bit about how this company is ran. This is a very good company to work for. They treat everyone with love and respect and they are family oriented. Everyone is very polite and kind. I would recommend working for this company.

Pros

Family oriented environment

Cons

salary

Family-owned environment, fast-paced home-improvement

Fast-paced, somtimes little support from management, some managers were great! Most enjoyable part of the job - creativity was welcomed by most and many opportunities are equally given to employees to grow. Co-workers were hard to work with. Lots of office politics which made a great job and great place not enjoyable.Generous Owner, Generous Pay, Generous President, great mentors.

Fun place to work as weekly we had Sales Challenges.

Each Day we would answer inbound calls with questions on their phone bill(s). Our job was to Upsell with phone company products and services. Management - and co-workers - were all Most Excellent to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job were the weekly Sales Challenges. I was always striving to finish on our team of 10 -- in the Top 3, and succeeded. The hardest part of the job was trying to return from my leave of absence. There was No Job left to return to.

Pros

Weekly sales challenges.

Cons

Not being able to return from my leave of absence.

Advancement Opportunities

As an office manager for AVW, I learned many departments and managed them effectively. I learned payroll, hr, and problem solving. I enjoyed helping the employees and giving them the stability they required. The hardest part of the job was to fire an employee after the releationship was built. I was my own boss, it was great but we did have a change in staff and it changed.

Pros

Relationships with Employees and problem solving

Cons

Change in Management, and firing employees

Common questions about American Vision Windows

Answered by current and former employees at American Vision Windows

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Vision Windows. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits