American Welding & Gas Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Never again
Gas Technician (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 14, 2018
This job was a joke and one full of nothing but stress. Never again working there.. I'd rather drown in a pool of vomit. always wondering what might go wrong next. just waiting for some s*** to blow up.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management
quiet office atmosphere
Temp (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 9, 2018
I was employed as a part-time temp for American Welding. I usually spent my time filing, sending out notices and basic tasks given. I sorted and filed credit applications.
Pros
steady reliable work
Cons
somewhat monotonous work.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2018
Working for Tier 5 has been fantastic. We have a great group of people who get along like family. It is laid back, and has great work life balance. Although it is a fast paced environment, management is very understanding of the challenges. This job has been a great blessing to me.
Pros
People, pay, management
Cons
Insurance could be better, but is adequate
good place to work, oppurtunitis to move or move around
Account Manager/ Outside sales/ Nitrogen pump tech (Former Employee) –  Sidney, MTFebruary 12, 2018
Decent company, didn't like some of the policy's, fair pay to salesman ability to make good money if you really went out and applied yourself, good benefits!
Pros
health insurance, company vehichle for the right job, close working teams
Cons
the way everything is micromanaged
Great company with endless advancement opportunities
Worker (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 27, 2018
The best thing I like about this company is if you work hard and have good attendance, you will be rewarded with advancement opportunities. They promote from within.
Pros
Job security
Cons
The health insurance could be better
Walk Away
Manager (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJune 20, 2017
Whatever you do, don't be fooled by the outside charm or promised pay. Unless you are going to be a mid level manager or higher, you will be continually frustrated by the decisions and the indecision by upper management. There is absolutely no focus or drive to accomplish any single goal in the company. No communication, no company memos, no agenda, just the bottom line. If you are just looking for a job and a paycheck this may be the job for you. If you are looking for a home, and some place you think you can learn and make a difference, spend your time somewhere else that matters.
Pros
Pay, bonus, ok benefits
Cons
No focus, no appreciation, no communication
AWG a good place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 10, 2017
I have worked for AWG for several years. There are challenges we face as we rapidly grow but I feel the company is doing a great job in keeping morale high. The people with whom I work are very nice and supportive. My managers are fantastic and have truly become friends outside of work.

Overall, my time at AWG has been very positive.
Pros
Full package of benefits, 8am-5pm job
Cons
time off could be a little better
Great place if you want a career not just a job.
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 10, 2017
I have worked here for over twenty years. I have seen a lot of growth and many opportunities not only for myself but for many of my fellow employees. We have many people who have been here for 10-15-20 years plus. If you work smart and put in your time, the company will recognize you for it.
i would not recommend this job to any one
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 28, 2017
Co -Worker were great to work with -until new management came in and change the culture from being a family place to work to being a number. employee's resented that and it shows in their performance
Pros
Cons
AWG at one time was a great place to work, management lost touch with employees - got to big to fast
Worst companies I have ever worked for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTApril 28, 2017
Mid-level managers are unprofessional and do not have the skillset to be in the position they are in. Upper-level management is inept and unconcerned with anything but getting things done they way they want without any credence given to the customer knowledge of the sales representative. Management will tell you one thing during the interview process, and you will find that after being hired it is something totally different.Think twice before you take a position with this company.
I learned a lot
Counter/recieving (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIDecember 21, 2016
I learned a lot working for this company, but wasn't paid much and was laid off for not having a CDL. They had pretty low hiring standards, which was good and bad