American Welding & Gas Inc. Employee Reviews

Great company with endless advancement opportunities
Worker (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 27, 2018
The best thing I like about this company is if you work hard and have good attendance, you will be rewarded with advancement opportunities. They promote from within.
Pros
Job security
Cons
The health insurance could be better
Walk Away
Manager (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJune 20, 2017
Whatever you do, don't be fooled by the outside charm or promised pay. Unless you are going to be a mid level manager or higher, you will be continually frustrated by the decisions and the indecision by upper management. There is absolutely no focus or drive to accomplish any single goal in the company. No communication, no company memos, no agenda, just the bottom line. If you are just looking for a job and a paycheck this may be the job for you. If you are looking for a home, and some place you think you can learn and make a difference, spend your time somewhere else that matters.
Pros
Pay, bonus, ok benefits
Cons
No focus, no appreciation, no communication
AWG a good place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 10, 2017
I have worked for AWG for several years. There are challenges we face as we rapidly grow but I feel the company is doing a great job in keeping morale high. The people with whom I work are very nice and supportive. My managers are fantastic and have truly become friends outside of work.

Overall, my time at AWG has been very positive.
Pros
Full package of benefits, 8am-5pm job
Cons
time off could be a little better
Great place if you want a career not just a job.
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 10, 2017
I have worked here for over twenty years. I have seen a lot of growth and many opportunities not only for myself but for many of my fellow employees. We have many people who have been here for 10-15-20 years plus. If you work smart and put in your time, the company will recognize you for it.
i would not recommend this job to any one
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 28, 2017
Co -Worker were great to work with -until new management came in and change the culture from being a family place to work to being a number. employee's resented that and it shows in their performance
Pros
Cons
AWG at one time was a great place to work, management lost touch with employees - got to big to fast
Worst companies I have ever worked for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTApril 28, 2017
Mid-level managers are unprofessional and do not have the skillset to be in the position they are in. Upper-level management is inept and unconcerned with anything but getting things done they way they want without any credence given to the customer knowledge of the sales representative. Management will tell you one thing during the interview process, and you will find that after being hired it is something totally different.Think twice before you take a position with this company.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Welding & Gas Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

American Welding & Gas Inc. Reviews by Location