American Woodmark Corporation Employee Reviews

over all experience
kitter (Former Employee) –  Jackson, GANovember 14, 2018
it wasn't a bad place to work. The work environment was ok. It was cold in the winter and hot in the summer. But upper management tried to help out with staying hydrated during the hot months of summer.
Manual labor. Hard working. And very fun
Ut builder (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDNovember 13, 2018
I love manual labor jobs. Something that can test my abilities. It was hard at times. But very fun. I like wood working so I liked the job.. I like having a job that was so hard I'd be exhausted when I got off work. And working at American wordmark met those goals
Repair
Painted repair (Former Employee) –  Gas City, INNovember 8, 2018
I worked with doors and door fronts if they are broken and chipped and dented I would fix it and make them look good and able to be used on the cabinets I worked wit paint and stain and things that I needed to work on the doors I liked my job alot was really good at it
good place to work
Builder/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Jackson, GAOctober 31, 2018
good place to work good work enviroment the plant manager cares about the people who works for the company. The hardest part of the job i had was building 25 cabinets per hour when you was getting the wrong parts & had to wait for those parts
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
breaks was to short for the hours that we had to work
Misleading
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Gas cityOctober 25, 2018
The hourly wage less than advertised. It turned out to be less than $13 to start. Runs on quotas. Drug test required stripping completely and going while watched. Even criminals are treated with more dignity.
Pros
Money
Cons
Humiliation, loss of personal time.
Mostly laid back and good benefits.
Forklift Operator/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Humboldt, TNOctober 24, 2018
This job is perfect for anyone looking for a decent factory job. The staff are supportive and friendly and management is usually doing their best to help you when you're in need. I enjoyed this position and if they allowed more overtime i definitely would've stayed.
Pros
Good work environment, good pay.
Cons
Almost no overtime depending on your position.
Nightmare Employer!
Human Resources Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, GAOctober 19, 2018
I had the misfortune of working for the Jackson, GA plant but the horrible management extends throughout the entire organization. The production employees are treated marginally better than slave labor. The points system for attendance is so outrageous turnover is a constant. They cannot crew as fast as they fire people. Hourly employees in production work anywhere from 8-15 hours a day with minimal breaks, and in a non-air conditioned plant in the deep south, which is miserably hot. Employees are merely a means to an end and provide no perceived value to the organization's management team other than simply as a cog in a process. I wouldn't refer my worst enemy to work for this organization!
Pros
Annual conference out of state
Cons
Literally everything.
wonderful organization to work for
Plant HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Chavies, KYOctober 12, 2018
Beautiful place to work. positive involvement with community and strengthen employee commitment to the organization. we won employer of the year award. respect and trust went hand in hand with hard work and loyalty
Pros
Fortune 500 company
Cons
Out of no where in remote KY mountains
Plenty to do with very good pay/benefits for the area
AS Saw 2 Operator (Current Employee) –  Humboldt, TNOctober 11, 2018
Really good benefits and perks. The hourly staff are great, as well as the lower levels of salary. It’s said that the company revolves around its culture, but if you speak to any of the employees that have been there 2+ years you find out that the culture is dead.
Pros
Free food/snacks frequently
Cons
Poor communication
not the same place i started
Kitter (Former Employee) –  Rawlings, MDOctober 11, 2018
At first it was an amazing job and for that area it is probably one of the easiest to get hired on and stay on but it has gone severely down hill, management has just gotten worse and worse over the years and they cannot keep good employees due to it also wages need to be increased
Production plant fun place to work
Stocker, cabnet builder, inspector, team lead (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKOctober 5, 2018
It was fun to work there with all the people i got to know very fast paced work on a assembly line producing quality cabinets and shipping them out. Building cabnets hinging foors for cabnets, fronting drawers
Pros
Good pay, good people to work with
Cons
Long hours and the company left town
Awc
Drawer Fronter (Former Employee) –  Jackson, GAOctober 1, 2018
It’s a good job . Just have poor management , never know when you gettin off , ungrateful team leads & don’t pay enough for the work you have to do ...
Great first job
Data Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kingman, AZSeptember 13, 2018
Great place to start a career in if your wanting to do factory kind of work. You can improve your work skills here if you plan to work in type of business career or management.
Only worth it for the money.
Multiple Positions (Current Employee) –  Gas City, INSeptember 8, 2018
Don't bother working here if you have a family that you would like to spend time with. You will have a set schedule, but you almost never work those hours. An 8 hour day is never guaranteed. You won't know if you are working 8,9,10,11, or 12 hours until 30 minutes before your scheduled 8 is over. Management is terrible and they do not care about the employees. Most of the jobs are pretty easy, but the most physically demanding jobs have the lowest pay. I've worked there for 4 and a half years, and it's just going down hill. Most of the people that honestly care about their employees have quit or are planning on quitting. Also, a majority of the good workers are leaving, too. But if you desperately need a paycheck, they are always hiring and the pay is decent.
Pros
Pay, Insurance benefits, Some co-workers
Cons
Work/life balance, Management, Long hours, Very hot, HR is useless, Extremely high turnover rate
Good
Cabnet fixer and touch up repair (Former Employee) –  Gas City, INSeptember 5, 2018
They were good until I had my miscarriage and my Dr put me off for 2-3 weeks and it was either get fired or quiet so I quiet and filled out paper work to get what I put in my 401k and they sent it to me
Pros
Money and benfiets
Cons
Sometimes understanding
Easy going place with nice people and clean facility
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingman, AZSeptember 4, 2018
A typical day while busy also remains relaxed and repetitive. Being in assembly you have one job and one job only so that may be tiring for some. Days go by quickly and everyone works very well together. Management is very understanding and helpful and continues to ensure everyone is working safely and efficiently.
Pros
Many vending machines with a variety of snacks and meals, electrolyte pops always in the break room
Cons
Repetitive motions, hours may be short depending on production for the day.
Production
Brusher/Wiper (Former Employee) –  Gas City, IN 46933August 22, 2018
Production was very slow due to equipment failure and lack of proper staffing. I enjoyed working with the people that was around me. Upper management I feel needed to be more intuned with their staff
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Overall a good company to work for
Provider-Vendor Quality Lead (Former Employee) –  Gas City, INAugust 9, 2018
If you come to work, and do your job, you will not have issues. Company tries to involve employees, and has good volunteer program with Habitat for Humanity. Long hours. Hot environment.
Pros
good insurance
Mill Operator (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, MDAugust 8, 2018
Great work family. The management team is always there to make sure everyone is on task and taken care of the way they need. Safety meeting are held every day before shift start to review what needs worked on as a team.
Great career opportunities
Kitter (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZAugust 7, 2018
Even if you're starting at an entry level position, there are amazing career opportunities with this employer. I have seen several people work their way from entry level positions into production and plant manager roles. The job is physical, however the benefits are amazing. The company does really care about their employees, something not often found in manufacturing.
Pros
Benefits, paid time off, job security
Cons
Physically demanding, mandatory overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Woodmark Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight