American Woodmark Employee Reviews

Stable Company
Designer Estimator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 1, 2019
Everyone at Timberlake Cabinetry division works very hard to please not only the customers but the shareholders. Employee longevity is depends on the individual’s ability to be flexible.
A good company to work for
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZNovember 30, 2019
I thought it was a good company to work for I just cannot handle the heat I don’t think there’s a lot of room for growth for women but all in all it was a fireplace
It COULD be a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 27, 2019
You can almost feel that it is a good place to work. Biggest issue is that you are informed by those that count of something big, that sounds awesome, and then on the back end, there is no one in management to support it, or even act like they do. A new flexible schedule? Awesome, but how we don’t have the time, nor the resources to carry that out as the CEO stated. Oh, by the way, we are going to act like it is working though!
Good starting job
TSS (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDNovember 25, 2019
Worked in IT for almost 5 years, upper management constantly holds you back while adding to your job responsibilities. Pay raises are mediocre at best. They preach culture which used to be very strong but is now used as a method of demonizing you. I would not recommend this job long term.
Loved my job
Production worker• repair and Cope operator (Former Employee) –  Monticello, KYNovember 24, 2019
I only quit working because of health reasons otherwise I loved my job and would still be there. I would recommend this company to anyone who needed a job.
Hard place to work.
EHS Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamlet, NCNovember 21, 2019
This is not a good place to work. The manager is very difficult to work for, some would say that he is a bully. He does not treat people well. I would not recommend that anyone work there.
Great work environment
Hing/Hanger (Current Employee) –  Rawlings, MDNovember 21, 2019
My time at American woodmark has been great. Everyone is good to work around. Someone is always willing to help out when times get hard and things get faced paced, but you still always have to work to your own full potential
Nothing good to say
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, GANovember 20, 2019
I really don’t have anything good to say about the company the pay was horrible the employees horrible supervisor horrible management horrible no time for break and you get treated like animals hurst weather conditions
Fast Paced Production Company
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Monticello, KYNovember 18, 2019
Woodmark culture is great. Job duties far supersede the outlined job title. Work hours vs. family time need to be evaluated. Nepotism is a real problem at Woodmark.
Save yourselves the trouble and do not apply here!!!!
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCNovember 10, 2019
My husband was an employee of the Lincolnton NC location and I have never seen a company care so little about their employees. And when I say they couldn't care less, they literally could not care less about you and your health. You could be the best employee they have (which my husband was; he had people from corporate watch him work and say how great he was), and they will still try they’re absolute hardest to get rid of you. YOU ARENOTHING TO THEM!!! You never get a straight answer from anyone. You will be told one thing by somebody and then somebody different will tell you the complete opposite. You will be pointed regardless of being sent home by the company or if you leave of your own volition. The benefits are absolutely terrible! They constantly lie to their employees so you never know when you’re being told the truth or not.
American Woodmark
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Monticello, KYNovember 9, 2019
When I was working there I enjoyed what I did. The management and other employees made it a very welcoming environment to be in. The work was not difficult and you get the hang of it fairly quick.
ok work place
Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCNovember 6, 2019
not a place for long term job,its to fast pasted very stressful and a lot of forced overtime,management doesn't care about the individual all that matters is the numbers
Kingman American woodmark
Full time available
Good management
Good work environment
Time management skills required
there have been many changes within this company some good some debilitating
Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Gas City, INOctober 13, 2019
I would like to further my career somewhere else. I believe that this is a growing company but inside promotion is only for certain people. I believe that I could grow more after receiving my degree with a new company.
Excellent place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAOctober 11, 2019
Excellent place to work. Very team structured with great corporate support from training to process improvement. They prefer to promote from within the company.
Work is not hard
Painted repair tech (Current Employee) –  Moorefield, WVOctober 8, 2019
Work is not hard some jobs harder to figure out work fumes get bad from paint boothes management needs work they dont take care of issues with coworkers culture is not what it is said to be
I worked there
American woodmark (Former Employee) –  Gas cityOctober 8, 2019
I worked at american woodmark for 7 plus years...I like the people i would worked with,and I like the pay. Also they trying to help as much as they can if something comes up.
Its ok
Scanner/strapper/offloader (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCSeptember 29, 2019
The job is ok if you go to a good area. But if you go to mto you will suffer. Hopefully the company will change it but until then that place is going to fail to get new people to stay
Good jov
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Gas City, INSeptember 25, 2019
It was a good job. There was alot of play favouritism. Very hard work. Real hot in the summer. Cold in the winter. Some of the supervisors was very rude to the employees
Pros
Money was good
Cons
Temperature
This job pays pretty well for the area. It is pretty fast paced. It's not a bad job .
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Moorefield, WVSeptember 24, 2019
All you need to do is show up for work. Be on time for work. Do your job the best you can . It also helps if you work well with others. It also helps being a hard worker. Try and do things right the first time.
Pros
It pays well for the area.
Cons
Sometimes you get your 40 hours. Sometimes you have to work over.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Woodmark. Our community is ready to answer.