American Youth Soccer Organization

Working at American Youth Soccer Organization: 35 Reviews

United States35 reviews

volunteerjobworkgreatfungamekidayso

Great team

Love working with kids. Mangenment was good until he left then we were left with a manager who didn’t know what she was doing. Otherwise loved it working

This role is Volunteer role. Which oversee several Regions.

I work with several Regions (City's) who perform organized games for the children of the city. I make sure each of them are following the AYSO Brand and policies.

American Youth Soccer Organization insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

Outside and a rewarding volunteer experience

Working with special needs is a well rewarding job and playing soccer is even more fun! Typical job includes practicing with players and making sure everyone is having fun and staying safe.

tiring and productive workplace

This job was fun at times but i felt that sometimes the pay was not accurate because a person could be working the same hours and workload as another but depending on the opinion of the boss and how he thought your work effort was then he would decide your pay.

Voluntary work

This was a volunteer position. This is for a Youth Soccer tournament. I did scheduling for the volunteers, assigned volunteers the duties they would perform during the tournament as well as calculate the hours each volunteer worked. It is a lot of fun. Watching the kids play the game is fun, seeing the occasional celebrity is always fun. The hardest part of the position is the handling of volunteers caught not doing the assigned duty given and they still expect to get credit for working. The most enjoyable part of the position is when you get volunteers that are working hard and really understand what its all about!

Pros

Free Lunches

Volunteer for AYSO

This is a volunteer position. As Treasurer, I handled all the financial duties related to running a soccer organization with 2500 children. Detail of my specific duties as Treasurer are on my resume.

Great

A job that is unique to the few who dare. Early mornings, hard-work, and attention to detail. Job satisfaction is a must due to attention to detail if you get the pun!

Fun and collaborative workplace

Volunteered as a referee for AYSO. It was a good experienced and learned a lot about how to be a referee. I got to see a different side of the game being a referee.

not a great place

I was a contract consultant. Great to work with customers directly and understand their requirements.Was a contract consultant. long commute. Learnt a lot bout the sports business.

easy place to work at

Volunteer based work no salary. People there are great to work with. If you can not handle disgruntled people this is not a good job for you especially because you do not get payed.

Amazing

I've been a part of the organization since I was five years old. Soccer has given me a safe place to escape from the everyday stresses of my daily life. I couldn't ask for a better soccer organization.

Pros

Fun

Cons

Not a real job

Excellent atmosphere

It's a good pace to work because you get to coach the youth, and in doing so watch them grow in talent. it also shows you the different styles of soccer that exist because most kids are international.

Enjoyable and fun oppertunity yo work with children

I love working at AYSO! I ref soccer games on Saturday mornings and I also coach a 14U team (middle schoolers) on tuesday and Thursday nights. It is an amazing oppertunity to be able to teach children the importance of working as a team and winning or loosing as a team.

Pros

Work with children, relaxed, great management

Cons

No bennefits

Difficult to work in a place that doesn't value

Working in a an organization with the best intentions but struggles to maintain integrity due to their mass base of employees. They work with volunteers on a massive scale. They will back the volunteer before they back the employee. Very unfortunate because their vision is superb.

Pros

Work/Life balance

Cons

support

Good Beggining job

This is a great beginning job. Fast passed and a little stressful due to sometimes having to hear angry parents not liking a call made. Overall a delightful experience.

Fun volunteer organization

Fun volunteer organization that focuses their efforts on bringing together the community through soccer. it is a light hearted and friendly organization.

An honest review

Dont love it, but dont hate it. There are a few big issue they need to deal with. First, is pay. When working for a non profit you expect to make a bit less than industry. But they really need to investigate where current rates are. Getting better than average time off helps, but it doesn't make up for the low pay. Second, figure out a way to make the drama between departments stop. Finally, and this is a big one, stop hiring people to do a job they are qualified to do, then having them do it the AYSO way.

benefits

Cons

pay, culture at times

Its for the kids

I think this place always needs more volunteers, and it really helps the kids feel more successful. got my start in soccer playing there and I was also a Referee, Coach, and general volunteer. They also have a great youth volunteer system.

Volunteer opportunity

I worked at AYSO as volunteer during the summer months. You get plenty of training to set up drills and understand the rules of the game. If you love soccer this is a fun start to a coaching/refereeing activity.

Passion Throughout the Organization

Every single person I interacted with at AYSO was happy to be there and was passionate about the game. I learned how to balance a work schedule with my personal life quite well. It's a tad unrealistic, as I was able to take as many/as little games as I'd like, but it was still a good learning experience.

A friendly and fun workplace

I really enjoyed being able to teach a group of kids of a certain age group and show them the basic techniques of soccer. I also enjoyed being able to manage a team on my own and show them how to cooperate as a team and work together by having good communication.

Common questions about American Youth Soccer Organization

Answered by current and former employees at American Youth Soccer Organization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Youth Soccer Organization. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about American Youth Soccer Organization in popular locations

• American Youth Soccer Organization
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?