Americans for Prosperity Employee Reviews in Albuquerque, NM

3.8Pay & Benefits
Temporary position
Phone Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 23, 2016
At the time I worked here, I was in high school and the position was provided to us through the school in order to earn money to go to an extra curricular government class. It was a temporary position that took place during the final weeks of the 2012 presidential election.
While conducting surveys, most of the people on the receiving ends were extremely rude and cursed at us. So it was a ver disheartening position especially with us being in the age range from middle-school to high school.

I have nothing against the company, but doing phone calls and surveys sucked, especially when people didn't like you.
Pros
Good pay, short after school hours.
Cons
Constant angry customers
Productive and organized workplace
Paid Intern (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 28, 2013
A typical day at work would start at 8:00am, I would open the office and people would pour in all day, new hires, phone callers, I would make sure to get people scripts and cellphones and make sure they understood how to work the system we used. Most of the times Monday-Friday I would run the office by myself I'd work with people from ages 7-80's. I would close the office around 8pm-10pm
I learned how to interact with people of all ages, I learned how to get the information needed to hire people, I learned more about taxes and economic development.
My co-workers were great, we all worked together very well especially considering there were three different organizations working in the same environment.
The hard part about my job was keeping organization when 3-5 people were being hired a day but I never failed to do so.
The hours, the people, the cause, everything made my job enjoyable, every experience good and bad made my job enjoyable, learning how to deal with strife and being able to accomplish things I had never done before.
Pros
pay, co-workers, organization
Cons
store next door, capacity of office