Americans for Prosperity Employee Reviews for Development Associate

3.8Pay & Benefits
3.1Job Security & Advancement
Fun, challenging and every day is something different
Grassroots & Development Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 13, 2015
The first four years it was more educating people on Economic Freedom and Conservative principles. We had a lot of events and meetings with a variety of people, backgrounds and experiences. The last year was more in campaign mode with 18 hour days, six days a week. The most difficult part of the job for me was the door knocking, because I am nervous around strange dogs. Otherwise, I liked meeting and speaking with new people. Even people that disagreed with us I enjoyed meeting with, because you always learn something new. It was also great working with and being surrounded by people passionate about what they do. I enjoyed being able to work in a office and do research or writing and than some days we would be out of the office either at events or traveling to speak with people. I learned how to work with people with varying opinions and backgrounds. I enjoyed the variety and excitement, but being a non-profit the pay wasn't as good and not as secure as private sector job.
Pros
I enjoyed the variety and excitement of the job, I enjoyed working with and being surrounded by passionate people, also we were working for a purpose and to make a difference in the world.
Cons
Being a non-profit the pay wasn't as good and not as secure as private sector job.