Americans for Prosperity Employee Review

View all Americans for Prosperity reviews

Temporary position
Phone Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 23, 2016
At the time I worked here, I was in high school and the position was provided to us through the school in order to earn money to go to an extra curricular government class. It was a temporary position that took place during the final weeks of the 2012 presidential election.
While conducting surveys, most of the people on the receiving ends were extremely rude and cursed at us. So it was a ver disheartening position especially with us being in the age range from middle-school to high school.

I have nothing against the company, but doing phone calls and surveys sucked, especially when people didn't like you.
Pros
Good pay, short after school hours.
Cons
Constant angry customers

Other Americans for Prosperity Employee Reviews

The mission and vision of AFP is a noble cause!
Field Director II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 1, 2019
Love AFP, the heart of this company is about helping people remove barriers so they can have happier lives. Unfortunately, the media likes to demonize this organization and doesn't adequately represent. AFP is about helping people and servant leadership through building relationships with people and changing policy legislatively to help people be more free to prosper. The people you meet who work there are dedicated people who want to make a positive difference in the world. Passionate organization and passionate culture.
Poor Management
Regional Field Director (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 27, 2019
Toxic management at State level with threats of firing at every single meeting, conference, training. Good work was rarely recognized and poor performing field directors who cheated on their work were retained instead of being fired crushing the morale of the remaining field team. As other positions opened, they were given to management personal choice instead of interviewing employees and giving them a chance to advance. “Failing up” was the pattern as the least performing employees were steadily moved to higher positions.
Pros
Training, marketable skills development
Cons
Toxic management style, threats, no job security, no recognition for good work