Americans for Prosperity Employee Review

View all Americans for Prosperity reviews

Productive and organized workplace
Paid Intern (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 28, 2013
A typical day at work would start at 8:00am, I would open the office and people would pour in all day, new hires, phone callers, I would make sure to get people scripts and cellphones and make sure they understood how to work the system we used. Most of the times Monday-Friday I would run the office by myself I'd work with people from ages 7-80's. I would close the office around 8pm-10pm
I learned how to interact with people of all ages, I learned how to get the information needed to hire people, I learned more about taxes and economic development.
My co-workers were great, we all worked together very well especially considering there were three different organizations working in the same environment.
The hard part about my job was keeping organization when 3-5 people were being hired a day but I never failed to do so.
The hours, the people, the cause, everything made my job enjoyable, every experience good and bad made my job enjoyable, learning how to deal with strife and being able to accomplish things I had never done before.
Pros
pay, co-workers, organization
Cons
store next door, capacity of office

Other Americans for Prosperity Employee Reviews

The mission and vision of AFP is a noble cause!
Field Director II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 1, 2019
Love AFP, the heart of this company is about helping people remove barriers so they can have happier lives. Unfortunately, the media likes to demonize this organization and doesn't adequately represent. AFP is about helping people and servant leadership through building relationships with people and changing policy legislatively to help people be more free to prosper. The people you meet who work there are dedicated people who want to make a positive difference in the world. Passionate organization and passionate culture.
Poor Management
Regional Field Director (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 27, 2019
Toxic management at State level with threats of firing at every single meeting, conference, training. Good work was rarely recognized and poor performing field directors who cheated on their work were retained instead of being fired crushing the morale of the remaining field team. As other positions opened, they were given to management personal choice instead of interviewing employees and giving them a chance to advance. “Failing up” was the pattern as the least performing employees were steadily moved to higher positions.
Pros
Training, marketable skills development
Cons
Toxic management style, threats, no job security, no recognition for good work