AmeriCare Employee Reviews

Busy and also fun environment to work in.
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 9, 2019
A typical day at worked was very busy, sometimes challenging but overall it was a fun environment to worked in. Basically i learnt how to multi-tasked and also worked in a timely manner and fast ode. The hardest part of the job would be when things have to be done within a certain specific time and also in certain kind of way. The most enjoyable part is when everyone comes together to share their feelings and opinions.
Loved it
Direct Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAMarch 3, 2019
I loved my job, it was fun and rewarding. I enjoyed who I worked for and who I worked with. I would take another job with them in a heartbeat if there was one near me and available.
Great Job
Certified Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 20, 2019
The pay was competitive. Many cases available to fit your schedule. Plenty of overtime and decent benefits. I enjoyed being apart of americare. Good job overall.
Not a bad place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (L1MA) (Current Employee) –  Kirksville, MOJanuary 17, 2019
My experience working here has been beneficial and a good experience. They treat their residents very well and its like a close knit small family. Benefits are nice.
Productive and fast pace
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Current Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 13, 2018
It was a very felixiblr yet hard working environment. Very tiring but rewarding. More for people who don’t have kids, but they are very flexible and understanding.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Little private time
Cna
CNA (Current Employee) –  Centralia, MODecember 6, 2018
Not a friendly place to work, If you are in the click, then you are fine, if not WATCH OUT...you are a target. The upper management will throw their work onto you and complain when it was not done to their liking. There is no help from the management they are only concerned about saving their phony baloney jobs. I have watched a dozen people come and go while here and as soon as they find a nice person they are gone because it makes them look bad. I am in the click so I am fine...for now!
Pros
The Residents are great
Cons
The staff is horrible.
Sitting with a patient
DSW Worker (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LADecember 3, 2018
I sit with patients and tend to the daily needs. You cook , clean , provide assistance to what they need. Make sure everything they need is done. Help with whatever they ask .
basically you are on your own
Sales Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 1, 2018
there is no benefits, no salary, commission only, hardly no communication with management, managers were confused about the day, so I met several people or co-workers who helped me
Pros
sometimes we had free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Normal place to be in !
taking care of patients (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 30, 2018
I personally don't like this company! some of the staff's we're rude , they never paid me on time. the Union I didn't like I wasn't receiving any benefits from it it was just useless and they took 50 dollar weekly from it ! I don't like this company wouldn't recommended to anyone.
Social Worker
Marketing Assistant / Social Worker (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CANovember 16, 2018
I loved working for this Americare. I had the opportunity to help the elder community and care for their needs. Everyone there cared for their clients.
good place to start
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 31, 2018
I worked for this agency some years back they will give a bonus when you reach your hire date every year. there is training for new hires as well/ and there is room for growth
Pros
bonuses
Cons
not enough hours
Owner doesn't know how to run her business
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Dayton, WAOctober 25, 2018
Unorganized and does NOT know how to communicate. She hires family and if they request time off it's okay, but when you do its a fight tooth and nail. Doesn't communicate well and can't handle employee conflicts properly.
Can be a nice place to work
CMA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 22, 2018
The people are fun. Since i have been here, it seems like it has been a cluster of bad ideas, bad management and bad training. they say its getting better.?
Pros
fun people
Cons
no advancment
Malicious management
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Seffner, FLOctober 3, 2018
This company has created so many enemies in the community by treating their employees like trash. I cannot stress enough how bad this company is. I am not a negative person, but this company makes me angry.
productive and peaceful place
HHA (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 21, 2018
American was a wonderful place for star to work, this place had a stuff for help and understand to elder people in all theirs necessities. I increased my values and my capacity for understand the people.
Pros
always had training
Cons
if you don't go to the training don't pay the day
Fun place to work at
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  5400 South Bay rdSeptember 11, 2018
So good driving people back and forth to the airport working right with people was so good friendly people, supervisor let you work overtime when you need it, help you out a lot.
Good
Good
Productive and Interactive
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 7, 2018
Employees help each other to get tasks done. Management is very attentive to employee needs and work together to get the job done. Very caring people who try to help you improve in every way possible.
under pay
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 6, 2018
I work here a long time ago, I honestly don't remember much, only that I was under pay. I try getting a different position at the company but wasn't given the opportunity.
Fun n productive workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LASeptember 6, 2018
Enjoy working for the company n the staff The staff really valuable you as a employee b consider about any personal or work related issue that arise with the worker
Constant PRN shifts to make up compensation have to travel to get time no gas
Care Giver/ Sitter (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 22, 2018
would not go back unless Im at the bottom. Staff was alright but only thinks of themselves.. Waiting on a phone call to go to the next pt house was really unbalanced
Pros
relax most pt houses
Cons
no money more gas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AmeriCare. Our community is ready to answer.