AmeriCare Employee Reviews in Brooklyn, NY

Normal place to be in !
taking care of patients (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 30, 2018
I personally don't like this company! some of the staff's we're rude , they never paid me on time. the Union I didn't like I wasn't receiving any benefits from it it was just useless and they took 50 dollar weekly from it ! I don't like this company wouldn't recommended to anyone.
Good company.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 2, 2018
Americare inc was a good company overall , free hha training courses. The pay rate was ok. But the staff is very rude. The coordinators don’t tell you the type of case your accepting. I was being given the wrong address & lost. Very excellent benefits
Pros
Rude Staff
Cons
Good benefits, Pay, Flexible schedule
Dont stay there long
Billing Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 22, 2017
I would never refer anyone to work there. Unless they're back was against the wall and you just needed a check. Its 8-5 mostly, everyone is to themselves, everyone sits in a cubical and you cant speak to your coworkers lol. Seriously lol
Pros
You arent working for free
Cons
No growth, bad management, and no raises at all
Productive and a fun place to work a bit stressing but that is every where
Service Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 12, 2018
I left Americare because of medical reasons. Other than that I loved the job. The work environment is great and very professional. The people that work at Americare are great and help others out as much as they can. Team work is what helps this company be great. Americare has a great team
Pros
Everyone at Americare are great and fun people to be around
Cons
It would get a little stressful
Productive and Interactive
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 7, 2018
Employees help each other to get tasks done. Management is very attentive to employee needs and work together to get the job done. Very caring people who try to help you improve in every way possible.
Inconsiderate, and disregarding of employees
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 29, 2018
Bed bugs infestation to clients home is common. When it is reported nothing is done but replacement of HHA worker to the infested sites. No information is given to the new HHA employee and I had to spend more than I earn to replace my bed, coat and have my home fumigated for bedbugs on two separate jobs because of bedbug homes.
Pros
twelve hour shift is possible for financial stability, and you can work part time if you are in school.
Cons
You might end up with bedbugs problems, and it may take months to get a less adequate position
productive and peaceful place
HHA (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 21, 2018
American was a wonderful place for star to work, this place had a stuff for help and understand to elder people in all theirs necessities. I increased my values and my capacity for understand the people.
Pros
always had training
Cons
if you don't go to the training don't pay the day
Temporary stepping stone
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 11, 2015
I was very excited to start my career in the healthcare field. I was told I was a temp employee on my job interview which I did not mind and later found out I was not. Changing plans on a daily basis seems to be a trend in this office. AmeriCare as a company seems to "have it together", but the managers/supervisors of specific departments DO NOT.

New employees, do not expect to be provided proper training, you will be thrown into the cage with little knowledge and understanding.

If you are looking for a temporary job with friendly coworkers in a nice neighborhood this is the place for you. If you are looking for a place to grow with and are looking for a healthy salary, this is not the place for you.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Lack of training/management, Annual salary, Etc.
A very healthy work environment
Home Health Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 8, 2018
It was really a great experience working with the elderly. Americare coordinators were very pleasant. The staff were very friendly and considerate. The company is very strict on professionalism. Good place to work would highly recommend them to anyone.
Pros
free metro card
Cons
short vacation
under pay
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 6, 2018
I work here a long time ago, I honestly don't remember much, only that I was under pay. I try getting a different position at the company but wasn't given the opportunity.

Want to know more about AmeriCare?

Ask a question
Americare was a decent place to work.
Patient account coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 4, 2016
I worked for Americare for the last 5 years. It was a experience of my first medical billing job. i learn a lot from the company about the field and as well ganged tones of experience. i was Laid off this pass January due to a company budget cut, so now i am unemployed but if Americare was to call offering me my poison back, i'll take it into a strong consideration but i do wish to explore my experience in other companies and hospitals.
Pros
Great location near shoppoing centers and in house cateria
Cons
barley give out raises and promotions
Human Resources Coordinator
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 1, 2013
• Conducted benefit portion of new hire orientation
• Daily administration of all benefit enrollments, terminations and changes while coordinated with payroll department for proper deductions
• Processed all Leave of Absences, Disability, Worker’s Compensation, FMLA, Cobra, Commuter Account and health insurance claims, while maintaining confidentiality of employees and records and applicable state and federal laws
• Administered and responsible for entire process of Commuter Reimbursement, Cell Phone & Travel Allowance, STD, LTD & Life Insurance for employees
• Served as liaison between employee, state insurance companies and consultants and remained updated on HIPPA, COBRA, FMLA regulations as well as new laws
• Responsible for keeping track of all types of leaves, enrollments, terminations, accident reports, benefit payments due on company HRIS and notified the supervisor of the status of each case
• Filled in for Director’s Executive Assistant while out
• Assisted with payroll, recruiting, reception and compliance when needed
Pros
Enjoyed working in Human Resources
Cons
Short Breaks
Nice place to work at first
Contracts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 23, 2017
I did gain a lot of experience here They gradually added on to the job description. The pay is worth it in the beginning but as they add things on salary stays the same.
Good compensation and heavy caseload
Nursing Case Manager (Former Employee) –  BrooklynJuly 12, 2014
As a field nurse i was placed in a small geographical area that allowed me to see as many clients as possible. I was well trained and could deliver quality care. However i was under the impression that they always operated short staff. Admissions were coming daily...
Pros
Great compensation and descent employee benefits
Cons
Heavy caseload
No room for advancement
Data Entry Clerk/File clerk (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 15, 2014
This job is for someone who has no aspirations for better
The benefits don't benefit you
Raises are not offered even though they say they do at the interview
It's a decent place to work temporary
Co-workers are friendly
Good place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 6, 2015
A typical day is to go and assist the client with medication, cleaning the house and cook for the clients. Management is good, the company offer excellent benefits and you can enjoy work closely with the clients and learn new skills.
Pros
flexible schedule
Creative Work Enviroment
HOME HEALTH AIDE (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 1, 2018
Perform a variety of duties as requested by client.Accompany client to doctors appointments and running errors. Administer oral medication as directed by home care nurse.
Great company to work for.
LPN/Nursing Case Liaison (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 13, 2018
I really loved working fro Americare. It was a very relaxed laid back type of job and I was employed with them for 6 years until they merged with another company due to financial reasons and they new company felt that LPN positions were expendable. If it had not been for that I would have never left this company.
Pros
Hours, Environment
Cons
Position phased out
fast paced- detailed work
Intake Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 31, 2018
high volume calls/e-mails, patient care extremely important needs to be monitored at all times. friendly business casual work environment. Management involved in all daily decision making very helpful to all staff to stay productive.
Pros
lots of celebratory events
Cons
very stressful situations
Have steed work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 24, 2018
If your client case close you can be out of a case for three weeks or more. If you do replacement cases you are not paired with clients that may understand you. You have to be able to communicate in all languages.