Americas Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Employee Reviews

fun workplace
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 12, 2018
Fun workplace, customers were awesome and happy environment. Management was great as well as my co-workers. I enjoyed helping the clients and keeping them happy.
Pros
great work hours great management
Never boring
Optometric Technician & Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 12, 2018
Challenging at times but I have learned a wide range of skills I can apply to many positions outside of this one. I have worked with many different types of customers and I have worked with doctors as well.
it's a good solid job
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2018
A good job for a new manager, no creativity needed because the managers are micro managed. The company is very stable, but if you are a innovated outside the box thinking manager you my be frustrated here. If you run a high volume store the staff assistant's can make more bonuses then the store manager. Not cool.
Pros
great hours
Cons
pay, and a lot of micro managing
Productive and great customer service oriented company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 8, 2018
America's Best has provided me with many learning opportunities in management advancement and sales volume growth. My superiors have allotted hands on training in various management areas such as diverse team building, sales volume growth, detailed client relations expertise, and productive workplace ethics.
Fast-paced
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  District Heights, MDJune 29, 2018
America's Best Contact & Eyeglasses is another spectrum of healthcare that I have had to learn. I enjoy working with the customers and ensuring that I am part of a team that makes their experience an enjoyable one. There is a quite a bit to learn about optical care and I am still learning and growing.
Pros
Work with the schedules of employees who have small children
Cons
Salary is very low
Very Productive
Sales Associate Third Key (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2018
America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses will teach very knowledgeable information regarding anything optical. It's a very flexible place to work as far as scheduling. It is a very motivational place to work and the jobs are not hard at all.
Ok, place to work
Administrative Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 21, 2018
I feel that this company doesn't value their employees at all especially the receptionist, optician, opt tech and assistant managers. Who are the very people that play the biggest part of bringing monies into the stores.
Pros
most are closed on Sundays
Cons
They will work the heck out of you for very little pay
What you make of it
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJune 20, 2018
The employees and management could use some training on communication and kindness toward their fellow employees. Other than that you just need to know your material and work hard. It can be hard to settle in but its easy once you get into the swing of things. The company could have its downs but mostly they are ups.
Productive and fast-paced
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  North Port, FLJune 19, 2018
Learned a lot about glasses and contacts. Typical day at work can is always a steady flow, so you always have something to be doing. Hardest part of the job is the customers.
Great place to work for
Receptionist/Optometric technician/optician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 10, 2018
They are understanding and really treat you like family. You have on the job training and great benefits. They also have competitive pay when you are an optician
Benefits
Cons
Saturday meetings
Over view of America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses
Visual Acuity Technician/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 8, 2018
America's Best was a nice place to work for. The office was clean and organized. I was busy checking in patients, scheduling appointments and performing visual eye exams. The staff was very nice.
Great place to work no pressure to over sell.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 5, 2018
I have enjoyed working at America's Best but it is time for me to look for another opportunity. I enjoy educating the customer about the products we offer and making recommendations for the products I believe best fit their lifestyle. Then I let the customer pick the products they feel they can afford.
Pros
One free pair of glasses per year
Cons
looking for more work life balance.
It's a job that opens the doors to the Healthcare Career
UNLICENSED OPTICIAN (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 30, 2018
You work with Doctors and all types of Patients. You get crossed trained to do everything that way we work as a team. The management shows appreciation towards themselves and the Doctors, not so much their staff. It's a great place to work, however it does take a hard, determined, and positive attitude to work there.
Pros
Discounts on eye exams and eyewear, such as, eyeglasses, contacts, and accessories
Cons
No appreciation towards the staff
Optomolgy
"Optometric Receptionist Technician" (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAMay 27, 2018
It is a good place to start a career in optometry if you look to become an Optometrist. It is not some place you want to be if you are requiring growth opportunities.
Pros
an hour lunch
Cons
no career advancement unless you are favored by management.
Good field to learn, poor corporation.
Optometric Technician (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAMay 23, 2018
numerous responsibilities for little pay. They only do yearly raises. You're always pushed to me a arbitrary goal that isn't always achievable because we have little to no customers most days. Problems with managers fighting consistently and district manager is forgetful, and unreliable.
nice job
Optician (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDMay 22, 2018
Always understaffed. Management didn't stay for to long. Overbooked schedule. Only one doctor. One hour lunch. Good price on glasses. Nice place to get customer experience.
Optician
Third Key Optician (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 20, 2018
This company and its people are the biggest joke in the business industry. They not only treat their patients like trash, but also their employees. Bait and switch company that throws their staff and management under the bus.
overly relaxed environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Papillion, NEMay 18, 2018
The store staff, from assistant managers down are all rather relaxed and we all are able to chat with each other which is nice. The problem is that it has become so lax that it dips into being unprofessional. People will gossip and and be angry about others behind their backs. there is also a lack of structure and conflicting orders from higher up (managers and district manager) which make it difficult to do your job. The company provides really nice benefits, such as high pto hours and insurance, but its hard to stay with the lack of leadership and sometimes having all the work being pushed onto one person.
Pros
Pto, Healthcare, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
lower wages, cattiness, lack of structure on store level
A fun as well as a welcoming place to work that strives to improve the life of both patients/customers and employees.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayette, PAMay 17, 2018
Everyday at work is different, it is a balance of meeting the needs of the doctors office as well as meeting the needs of patients all awhile maintaining sales goals.

I have learned that there is so much more than just picking out a frame for a pair of glasses. So many things must be taken into account such as prescription, lens material to ensure that the patient can see their best.

The hardest part of the job is when your unable to improve a patients vision and making them understand why. But when a patient puts on glasses for the 1st time and you see the look of wonder when they can see clearly for the 1st time is wonderful and very satisfying.
Pros
Great hours, great benefits, great people
Unorganized and uncomfortable setting
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 16, 2018
Co-workers and managers are very racist and they lie to their customers about insurances and fees. Many of the employees lack good work ethic and those that have good work ethic aren't noticed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Americas Best Contacts and Eyeglasses. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight