Americinn Employee Reviews

Good workplace.
Front desk associate (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAMarch 7, 2018
If you need to make money and work for a flexible management team, this is the place for you! Schedule can be a little inconsistent but overall once you're doing being trained the job is very easy to maneuver.
Hired me at the bare minimum
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IAMarch 2, 2018
I was hired as a maintenance tech at the americinn. This is a job that requires a good deal of expertise in a variety of fields, and they are paying me the lowest amount allowed by law.
Great Hotel.
Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Vidalia, GAFebruary 20, 2018
Great Hotel. Questionable management. Owner is amazing lady. Super sweet. Guest are always wonderful. You meet a diverse group of people and you create relationships with long term guest. Housekeepers are extremely hard working.
Pros
Free wifi. Paid bi-weekly.
Slow paced and bad management
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Forest Lake, MNFebruary 17, 2018
Needed a lot of work when it came to management and how to keep good workers. A lot of turnover. Not fair with raises and/or benefits. This is something that the company needs to work on and being able to grow within the company.
It was great. One of the best jobs i had.
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MNFebruary 15, 2018
Management was lenient and understanding. Patient and understanding. If i needed help i wasn't afraid of expressing myself. Very flexible hours and was flexible on why i needed to leave.
Was a good job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sauk Centre, MNJanuary 22, 2018
I cleaned hotel rooms,
i got payed good.
my co-workers where great.
management was really nice
did get sick of the job pretty quick
weekend were the worst, guests would trash rooms
Rude management, overly stressful and underpaid
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Waupun, WIJanuary 15, 2018
This job is very physically demanding for barely over minimum wage. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone trying to feed their family and pay bills.
A friendly work environment with supportive and understanding managers, owners, coworkers, and front desk attendants
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  New Prague, MNJanuary 9, 2018
The managers were great leaders and fair in scheduling. The coworkers were supportive and kind. I gained a lot of experience in cleaning, organization, being time sensitive in the frequency of my progress on shift. I recall a time when there was an outbreak of flu that had most of the staff out sick. I took a few shifts outside of my normal hours to clean and service every room in the hotel. There was a total of 44 rooms in a 7-8 hour shift.
Pros
flexible hours, great beginner job, great interview
Cons
shortage of business.
Pretty Good
Overnight Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake City, MNDecember 27, 2017
Pretty Good, I enjoyed the work. Do what you're supposed to do. Just get through it and you'll learn a lot. It's a lot of interesting things. Pretty good man.
Overall decent place to Work
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 15, 2017
The current manager is great to work for and really puts in the effort to make sure everyone's schedule works out. Even though shifts are 8 hours each, some accodomations can be made.

There are a lot of turnovers which makes it hard to occasionally find replacements and having 2 people per shift switching off days is kind of hard if the other person on that shift cant cover. Number of staff for desk would be nice if increased by one or had staff for specifically on-call scheduling.

The overall work environment was great. Shift expectations were very clearly laid out so anyone just training in can catch on easily to what needs to be done. Work pace varies from day to day depending if slack needs to be picked up from the previous shift. Some days will be very busy and gi by fast, and some will be very slow.
Pros
Great Management, Schedule accomdations are negotiable, Somewhat fast paced and sometines slow, Never the same day as before, Good communication, Manager can be reached when off the clock for any concerns or questions
Cons
No Job Advancement, Low Staff (Or could be improved), Coworkers don't always do their job leaving more for the next shift
Great co-workers, Management much better
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNDecember 4, 2017
While working at Americinn I did not have the greatest management, but I do know now that it has such changed and the new manager is an incredible person to work for. I did overnights, it was hard at times but interesting and refreshing.
Pros
Discounts on rooms while traveling
Cons
No benefits
Slow paced
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Minocqua, WIOctober 25, 2017
The managers didn't tell you about what days you worked, gave most work (rooms) to the younger workers, and they made it a hostile environment. Wouldn't recommend
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short breaks, not enough work hours
Work Enviornment
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 28, 2017
The company is very relaxed and a small homey feeling. The manager and the assistant manager were very nice! It was a very fun place of employment. I was very sad to have to leave!
fun
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNSeptember 27, 2017
I enjoyed working their, great staff and friendly environment. I got treated well and also I was trained really well the pay was good. I got to swim free so that was good
Pros
free pool time
Cons
location
Happy Employee
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Griswold, CTSeptember 24, 2017
Overall, I am satisfied with my job at AmericInn. Unfortunately, they have been bought by another hotel chain and all current employees have been released from their jobs as a result. This is the only reason I am seeking employment elsewhere.
Pros
Treated me like family
Cons
Bought by another hotel
dirty
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAAugust 30, 2017
dirty hotel, very dirty, not the place you want to stay...don't go there...you wont like it. management was not good either. did I mention that it was very dirty
Ok job. Its fun to meet all kinda of people
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moundsview, mnAugust 15, 2017
Not too good. Pay was low, hotel was old and gross, druggies stayed at the hotel and police called alot very late at night.
No help on your shift as your alone and dont get much training/help
Management is ok but not that good
Had to deal with laundry which is hard when your always so busy by yourself
Pros
Get to talk to lots of different people
Cons
Low pay, bad training, understaffed, had to fold laundry.. etc
Horrible Place to Work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJuly 19, 2017
Absolutely Horrible.Rude management, minimum wage pay, no benefits, everything you do is scrutinized by the family members of the owners, (Indian people), very rude to female workers. Stay away!!!!
Didnt make sense
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jonesborough, TNMay 12, 2017
They told me I "didn't meet their expectations" and fired me during training. Plus I did laundry which if I recall is not suppose to be the front desk clerks problem.
Pros
great guests
Cons
rude managers
boring
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MNApril 28, 2017
check customers in and out of rooms. take reservations over the phone. help with putting out breakfast and cleaning up breakfast. making sure housekeepers have their room assignments.