Americold Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A wonderful place to work
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, WIMay 19, 2018
The staff was great to work with. Busy and steady work. Plants have strict safety rules which were easy to follow due to the training.
Company workers are underpaid for what they do.
Pros
good training and good people
Cons
pay
Union environment, Lots of overtime,
Warehouse / Distribution Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2018
Union environment, Lots of overtime, Associates are on a 100% productivity requirement. Lots of turn over. Fast pace very busy.
Inventory issues make it difficult to make
Too much overtime and supervisor are rude
Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Carthage, MOMay 16, 2018
Right after you get off probabtion your most likely going to be stuck here for 6 to 7 days a week.. The supervisors tak rude and act rude towards there employees and most end up leaving and quiting.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Bad supervision too much O.T.
Good preople Good secure job
Lead Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2018
A great place to work if you can stand the cold temperature. The pay is pretty good. As long as you stay busy management will not bother you. They offer decent benefits with paid vacations.
Pros
easy work
Cons
cold temperatures
Cool job
Lead Lift Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2018
The environment is a cold one. Fast paced and common sense type job. Forklift certification takes place after you display that you can maneuver the equipment that we use to do our daily job
Pros
10 hr days, great benefits
Cons
Union, healthcare
Very good company
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 14, 2018
I love this job just the hours dont go good with my scedual. Its a very physical job but you are paid well and treated good. They have great benifits and overall treat their employees well.
Low pay and blistering cold
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sikeston, MOMay 14, 2018
It is the lowest paying job in the region. You work in a building that is -20 degrees around the clock. The Supervisors are always pointing the fingers at each other to the point that a couple almost got fired from what another Supervisor has said that was proven to be false. There is no supervision in the warehouse, so the employees are running wild to the point that someone is going to end up hurt. There has been around 5+ people quit per shift each week in the last month.
Pros
No clock out for lunch
Cons
Very short breaks and mandatory overtime in sub-zero facility
Good Paying Job
Wave Planner/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 11, 2018
If you can stand working in the cold then this is the job for you. Good benefits and pay. If you like to hustle then there is a incentive program where you could earn 50-200 extra a week.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Cold
Dont work here
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 5, 2018
This was the worst place to work the management was poor, the warehouse was junky and unkepted the place was a complete death trap. It had holes in the concrete floor, the machinery were missing parts and the charging station for the machines had fraid wiring. On top for all that they don't respect your religious beliefs.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, dangerous, and no respect
Awful place to work
Ammonia Operator (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAMay 5, 2018
They bought Versacold and it went downhill from there. No money for repairs. Bad relationship with the production crew. They broke things on purpose and laughed at you. Would get busted for illegal things, go back home, come back and the plant manager would try and hire them back under a new name.
At times unreasonably long hours
Project Manager/Refrigeration Estimator (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 3, 2018
Not a bad company to work for generally well run but sometimes there were unreasonable expectations for project deadlines. Employer was always professional and treated workers fairly
Good
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 3, 2018
I really enjoy working for this company. This company was really good to me I would recommend that you work for this company if you like to work a lot of hours and you like to get a lot of money thank you
Great place for stability
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Crete, NEMay 2, 2018
Pays the bills and then some. Good environment to work in. Most people are easy to work with. Usually fair with how work is sprwad out and planned. Good stable job. Easy place to do well in.
productive
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAApril 29, 2018
This place was great to work at, time flew by when loading trucks. You got used to the weather conditions after the first hour. Large company that distributed to many accounts.
Pros
lunches
Terrible. Very unsafe. No professionalism
LTO (Former Employee) –  Hatfield paApril 27, 2018
No stability at all. Mananagement has no communication. They can't even have a stable schedule together. Steady revolving door. They can never tell the truth. We literally walked out of a meeting and our schedules were changed in less than an hour. I've constantly made adjustments for them since here, but yet can be fired. You have only 3 call out days. You have use your PTO if an emergency comes up. They're constantly firing people because of this system. You have no sick days.
Pros
Ok pay. Fairly easy work
Cons
Too cold, expected to work nonstop, no stability
Fastpaced&cold
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Carthage, MOApril 26, 2018
$13.88base pay to starting out at CarthageMO. The job itself is cake. You get accustomed to the cold environment especially when your work provided freezerwear isn't in proper working condition. Picking orders, driving a lift truck, stocking it's all straight forward and easy. What sucks about the job is the time frame in which you are expected to finish tasks via Red Prairie. Been here for less than a year and I've worked overtime an average of 20hrs a week, makes for a nice paycheck, but if you have a personal life or family dont ever expect to see them again! 1st year people only have 5 call ins. Planning appointments and such on your ddays off is a joke because you will get mandated to work and have to decide if your children's healthcare is more important than ur job! This place does not care about you.
Pros
No need to volunteer for OT, they force it on you.
Cons
You will never ever see the outside world again
Fast Paste
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76102April 24, 2018
Fast paste, Helpful, Learning Quickly, Cold below -20 degrees, electric pallet jackets, Good People, Wrap Pallets, 2 shifts, in Fort Worth, $15 for the pay to start
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Good Breaks
Did not like this job at all
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 23, 2018
I feel like I was let go for the wrong reasons. My boss did not stand up for me when my lead was in the wrong. I was told that I was a great work and and that I would do great some where else.
Pros
Cons
To many
Fun Job
HR Clerk (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNApril 22, 2018
Warehouse was cold
Job was fun and interesting
People were nice
I only had a part time job
Challenges every day
On the phone a lot during the day with my job
Pros
Job was fun
Cons
Warehouse was cold
people are great
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILApril 17, 2018
I miss that place and the people I worked with. plus the hours were pretty bla cause no 3ed shift but you keep your chin up and withstand the cold youll be fine,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Americold. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight