Americold Employee Reviews

Stressful
Cold Storage Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 15, 2019
Majority of co-workers were not friendly. Understandably because of the production system, you had to have a cut-throat attitude to get the production numbers management wanted. Didn't matter how hard you worked, just the numbers you got.
Pros
Free uniforms
Cons
Very unsafe
Very dirty and dangerous
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Manchester, PAJanuary 12, 2019
If you go down any aisle. You'll find over 10 unsafe skids sticking out. From in the racks. They've got raymond high reach trucks and crown high reach trucks. Beat up equipment and alot of damaged racks. Alot of broken pallets under the racks.Alot of trash and damaged freight in racks. Very cold -10 degree or so in freezer. 34°in cooler. Safety gear is provided some is used. Some is new. Union job also. 17.15 an hour is really good to be a forklift operator. You take a test as a temp for the temp service. They test you like 4 more times on paperwork.
At the facility math and matching. Forklift test for raymonds. Safety test. A few others.
Wasn't expecting it. Looking to leave this dirty job now. Any safe forklift job making 15.00 is better than this job. Narrow aisles for 1 person but many other will be in the aisle with you. Very hostile and very unsafe. No 2nd shift supervisors.
Pros
Paid lunch, Great hourly wage, great shifts
Cons
Short breaks, union dues, very cold in freezer.
Pleasant environment
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 11, 2019
Associates worked well with one another. Flexible scheduling for doctors appointment and other needs. Great management. High mortality. Excellent atmosphere.
Pros
Competitive pay and benefits
Cons
Refrigerated warehouse
Americold
CERTIFIED FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILJanuary 7, 2019
Cold, cold, cold, and colder yet.... Not easy work, but if you want a job and do the work under the conditions, its normally not to bad. Downsized from when I was there, but the working crew is very good about completing work under deadlines...
Associates are friendly and teamwork is a plus
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 5, 2019
Take care of associates to a better pay, they are really good workers. The cost of living is very high ... GM and Supervisors. ASSOCIATES come FIRST...
Pros
Some times free lunches
Cons
Need an 1 hour of lunch
Porter
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORJanuary 4, 2019
Management was very controlling and they talk to you like you were a child and like you were stupid it’s just a very bad place to work the way the employees get treated is not ok I wouldn’t treat my worst enemy the way they treat people
Pros
Cons
Bad management
Good Company
Inbound outbound coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bethlehm paJanuary 3, 2019
Fast paced call center, did inbound and outbound transportation. Management was ok and coworkers were great! The hardest part of the job was having to do the job of 2 when they left the inbound coordinator go, and had no back up.
Pros
Free product boxes
Cons
No everyone treated the same
Not a good work environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 3, 2019
Started work at one position ended up moving to other department with very little training at all not very great at training at all no common sense between management and training they expect you to know everything coming into the work place
steady paced work, friendly co-workers
warehouse dock worker (Former Employee) –  Sebree, KYJanuary 3, 2019
Has good pay rates, for the kind of person that likes overtime. Must be able to tolerate very cold conditions. Also must be able to constantly lift 30 to 40 pounds over a long period of time. Overtime is also required as needed.
Pros
provide clothing, gloves ect.. for cold temperatures
Cons
short breaks, cold temperatures
Worst place
LTO/ORDER SELECTOR (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAJanuary 3, 2019
Worst company you can work for they are very sneaky and unprofessional they don’t keep track of the hours and I think they were cutting hours they suck alot
Depressing Culture
Warehouse Supervisor 3PL/Kroger DC (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 24, 2018
You won't believe it until you see it. Somehow the family/team culture has been lost, no one takes ower ship, trust and respect is non-existent. It's just a job now not a career at my plant
It was a fun and unorganized environment
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNDecember 20, 2018
The restrooms are the worst especially in repack also if your not man there is no room to grow in the company.. As far as supervisor.. There repack is full of illegal immigrants.. There is a guy there that is very racist
Hostile work environment
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Fogelsville, PADecember 18, 2018
The management team does not communicate and information such as employee absences and pay are frequently incorrect or lost. The work environment is a hostile "us versus them" perspective for most people instead of a team based environment for employees and their management team.
Pros
pay
Great workplace and great group of people
Forklift Operator/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 17, 2018
pick soup loads, receive inbound raw material, put away inbound product, pick cooler loads to send to production plant, receive finished product off the production line.
Pros
free safety lunches, great atmosphere. good people
Cons
not enough manpower, long hours, six days a week
Fun people to work with, cookouts, and paid holidays. No, thourough training, lack of supervision, and initiative by all parties, including managemen.
Administrative Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GADecember 14, 2018
I was terminated due to an anonymous tip, I still to this day don’t know what is it that I did or said to whoever I did it to or said it to.
I was their top worker for my position.
As soon as I found out they hired a girl who started my same position making more than me who didn’t have a high school diploma, GED, or prior warehouse experience, they suspended me and fired me for my complaint.
It doesn’t matter what the job offers or how good the work culture is if these types of things are occurring.
Pros
Cookouts
Cons
Management, HR are not on your side, they are more so working against you to make sure the company is in a safe standing
Poor management
LTO (Lift Truck Operator) (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 12, 2018
No care or apreciation for employees what so ever supervisor treatment very unfair and un professional and 4 point system very unfair for employees with children
Pros
Cons
Lack of teaching in different areas no time for family !!
Dock Clerk's
Dock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNDecember 11, 2018
Dock clerks are overworked and underpaid. Not given nearly enough breaks; must know things they are not trained for plus they have little help to the multitude of tasks they are required to perform daily. Did I say overwork and und
Pros
The actual employees that did the work.
Cons
Low pay, long hours, no help, training is bad & upper management does not care for their employees
Dont waste you time.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Strasburg, VADecember 10, 2018
This job was horrible. Your just another body for the grinder. They don't care about anything other than the customer. 12 hour days 6 days a week in sub freezing temperatures. I was a supervisor and they used and abused our skill sets. Was nowhere close to worth the money. If you don't want to see your family then go for it because they pay ok if you stay hourly but the salaried associates make less than the people out on the floor if you look at the hours. They rarely hire from within for key spots and the new supervisors are thrown to the wolves without knowing how the job is supposed to be done. Overall it's not worth it if u want to have any life outside of that place.
Pros
Money
Cons
Harsh enviroment, high turnover, mandatory overtime
Good place to work. Some advancement. Benefits. Paid time off. Plenty of hours.
Forklift Operator LTO (Former Employee) –  Fremont, NEDecember 7, 2018
Cold food storage facility. Always cold. Nice people. An old-school ethics and coworkers. Fast paced, cold and exciting. Management is fair and understanding, yet professional!
Pros
The coworkers, management and the pay
Cons
Hours, cold
Did not like how hard the job was on the body.
picker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 6, 2018
I had to pull a lot of orders very fast and operate machinery in -20 degrees temperatures, it was a huge strain on the body, although that they did have a very good system for picking orders, the rate at which people were asked to pull at times was a bit ridiculous but I always managed to keep up with the pace, eventually my body started to give in.
Pros
Paid lunch, good pay
Cons
Cold temperatures, always hard on the body

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Americold. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight