Americor Employee Reviews

Great culture! Great People
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 12, 2018
The best parts about the company are the people, the culture and the opportunity for growth and advancement! I love coming to work every day. There is music playing in the background and I have never had so many high-fives and fits bumps given to me at work. Everyone wants everyone else to succeed.

We are growing very quickly and it's exciting to see the vision of leadership start to come to fruition. I have been here for over a year and have seen the company triple in size. I'm super excited to see what the future holds!
Pros
Great culture, great people, music, fun environment, free lunch every month, free gym access, ping pong, growth opportunities
Cons
Benefits are not great
September 11, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback! We are glad that you love the culture and people that you work with. We are always looking for more like-minded people to grow our company, so please spread the word!!

We know that the benefits are not stellar and we will be looking to improve what we offer as we continue to grow and become more established. We are coming into an unprecedented time for the company, so stay tuned for great things to come!

Hands down the best workplace I have ever had the opportunity to be a part of.
Client Advocate (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 10, 2018
Americor is a job you "Get to" come to each morning. I have never had a day where I was not excited to go to work here. I was at first skeptical, I did not think there were actually positions available where I could make great income and enjoy what I was doing. This job has provided both for me. Each day of work I am held to standards which allow me to grow as an individual as well as an effective member of the team here. I am never getting another job, this is without a doubt going to be my long term career.
Pros
Catered lunches, Great compensation, Benefits, Great workplace environment, Team atmosphere
October 15, 2018

Thank you very much for leaving your feedback! We are thrilled that you enjoy enjoy what you do every day. As we continue to foster the type of culture that encourages positive, motivational teamwork we will be looking for more people like you to grow our family. Please spread the word that Americor is a great place to work and you could earn an Employee Referral bonus as well! Keep up the great work!

Great place to showcase sales skills, follow-up ability
Client Advocate (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 27, 2018
I loved it at World Connection/Americor. Great compensation for the required work, advancement opportunities, and while it is a call center it has the feel of an office more-so. With the kind of work, it will help to have some sales experience, but if not it can be taught. If you do have polished sales skills however, I can attest that this is one of the top earning places to work in Boise.
Pros
Money is always there waiting. Helping people get out of debt.
Unorganized, unethical and low wages
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 1, 2018
Company makes a lot of promises but falls short in all instances. Wages are lower than standard, company constantly lies to clients which in turn, costs more money for clients. Management does not understand company moral or how to run a business. Company also has NO PTO, NO 401K, EXPENSIVE healthy care.

Stay away from customer service and sales. There are only less than 10 people out of 50 sales rep. who have a decent income. Customer service department is poor in management and no representative from that department understands the product.

Hardest thing in working here is constantly lying to the customers, informing them that they will receive a callback (there is no call back). Dealing with angry clients because they have realized they are being ripped off. You are constanstly told by management to withhold information from the client. Lasty, low wages and no room for raises.

Culture in both customer service and sales is low. Every body is looking for employment else where, is getting fired, or is locked in this dead end job to feed their family.

Americor has thousands of clients waiting for a loan that does not exist. If you work for Americor, you are forced to tell them the loan "will come soon". If you ask about the loan you are punished.
Pros
Generally nice AREA to work at
Cons
Everything, absolutely everything is bad.
September 11, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are sorry that you are not happy here! There are several items in your review that are of concern to us and we would like to have the ability to address them directly. Please feel free to reach out to me at hrfeedback@americor.com or stop by my desk to chat.

To address some comments in your review:

1. Regarding our Sales Reps and their income, we had 23 sales reps (almost 1/2 of the floor) make more than $10k in commissions. That is a pretty significant amount of people. The numbers are posted on the monitors for everyone to see, so there is no sugar coating or fudging the numbers.

2. We do not lie to clients, on the contrary, our scripts are lengthy because we make sure that we cover every detail of our program with the clients. We have you, our Customer Service Reps, conducting compliance calls with every client to ensure that everything is being conveyed properly to them. We definitely do not tell our CSRs not to call clients back. That just doesn’t make any sense when our main focus is to help the client.

3. We do have hundreds of clients that are eligible for the loan as we just hit our 15th month of selling the product. The loan becomes a part of the plan at the 15-month mark, so we just funded our first couple hundred loans. As more and more clients hit the 15-month mark, more clients will be eligible for the loan. The loan does exist, however, just like any other loan or line of credit, not every client is going to be eligible to receive it. No one is “punished for asking about the loan”, in fact, we  more... have a brand-new Underwriting Department to start managing the loan process.

We are growing quite a bit and therefore, have a ton of opportunity for growth and advancement for good employees. It really seems like you feel that our Customer Service Rep position is not the right fit for you. I would be happy to speak with you about other opportunities in and outside the company so that we might help get you to a place where you love your job. Again, please reach out at hrfeedback@americor.com.

Incredible opportunity
Client Advocate (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 14, 2018
Since day one at Americor, I knew I was in the right place. The culture is amazing and management truly does everything to help you succeed. The pay is excellent and the best part is you are helping families at the same time. I highly recommend Americor for anyone looking to change their life is a VERY positive way.
Pros
Culture, Opportunity for Advancement, helping others, pay
September 11, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback! We are excited to have you on board and are still growing! Please spread the word to anyone else you think might be a good fit for our environment.

Great Place To Work!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 12, 2018
Just started with the company not too long ago and management has been amazing. The company really focuses on their culture and what they stand for. Friendly work environment and great room for advancement.
Pros
great company culture, management and flexible work schedule
Cons
benefits and pay
September 14, 2018

Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback! We are doing a lot more to focus on building a strong company culture and as we continue to grow, there will be a lot of opportunity for advancement at Americor! We know that we don't have the best benefits, but we are working on it and we hope to be able to offer better benefits in the future!

A Great and oppertunity with advancement options!
Client Advocate (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 19, 2018
They really let you work at your place, though if you are competitive this job really pushes you to set the bar higher! Overtime is unlimited and you will want to work it! Its amazing!
Pros
Great perks, great sells benefits, competitive and energetic!
Cons
Could impliment small training sessions to refresh.
Amazing place to work.
Client Advocate (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 13, 2018
Americor has been the most amazing work environment I've ever worked in. Everyone here is uplifting and encouraging to work hard and have fun while you work. Helping clients get out of debt and have the financial freedom makes you feel fulfilled at the end of your day. Upper management really takes the time to help you grow and learn. Mike T. has gone above and beyond for his employees. I recommend working at Americor to anyone who is wanting to help families get out of debt and make great money doing it.
September 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience at Americor! We would love to bring on more employees like you and we are growing! Please spread the word that we are continuing to hire and changes peoples' lives. We are doing great things at Americor and employees like you will help us take the company to the next level!

Great place to be and great culture
Empoyee (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 12, 2018
The company has a great culture and managers are very helpful. The company is growing like crazy, they just added 21,00 SQFT to our office space. So there is a lot of room to advance. They give a great work/life balance.
Pros
Catered food, team events, Ping Pong, Pool Table
Cons
Haven't found any!
September 11, 2018

Thank you for the review! Americor is definitely growing and will be looking to add even more space soon. Please spread the word to anyone else you feel would be a good fit with Americor. This is an exciting time for the company!

I love working here
Client Advocate (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 21, 2018
There is a lot of opportunity at Americor. Its a very friendly work environment. The management here is great. I am always learning & I love the people I work with.
Pros
hour lunches, benefits
September 11, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad that you love the culture, people and management! We are continuing to grow quite a bit, so please spread the word!!

Great company culture and rapid growth!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 12, 2018
Everyone is friendly around the office, relaxed environment (business casual/casual), and there's room for advancement if you perform well. Because they're growing very fast, there's growing pains but it's typical within any company. You have to be flexible and be able to roll with the changes as they come. But overall, Americor is an ideal place to work at!
September 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! Americor is definitely continuing to grow. Please spread the word to anyone you think would be a great fit for our company!

September 14, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your flexibility and adaptability in our ever changing environment that comes with the rapid growth you mentioned. The great thing is that with every change we make, we come out a stronger company with a more cohesive team! We look forward to continuing our exciting growth with you!

My Review
Debt Negotiations Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 9, 2018
If you would like to know more you are more then welcome to contact me. It was a very stressful atmosphere. I was very much over worked and under paid and one i spoke on it was let go. I had been there since the company started and was not a part of the "good ol' boys club". I was told that I was let go because i supposedly didn't get along with one of the owners friends even though i had never had any work performance issues at all.
Pros
Cons
to much to write
October 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We understand that being let go from your job is disheartening, however, as a company, we are constantly adapting to the changes we face with rapid growth. After months of failure to meet performance expectations and receiving the results of an extensive investigation within the department, we decided it was best to separate employment.

You stated that the reason you were let go was because you did not “get along with one of the owners friends”. In fact, your insubordination to your immediate supervisor, not a friend of the owner, was a factor in your termination. Insubordination, performance issues and multiple complaints from others in the negotiations department all culminated in separation of employment.

If an employee’s work product does not meet the expectations and standards that the company expects after numerous conversations and opportunities to improve, we will part ways with the employee. Performance, integrity, teamwork, customer focus and simple hard-work are values that are far more important than length of employment with the company.

We will maintain a culture that fosters positivity, teamwork, and a desire to do our best in order to make our employees and the company successful. We know that change is hard for people, and we look for employees that can adapt to the changes and continue to strive to improve their quality of work. We are sorry that your employment with the company did not work out and we wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors.

Stay Focused
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 15, 2018
The most important thing when coming to work for Americor is to always stay focused. Leave outside stuff outside and help as many families as you can to get them out of debt quickly without destroying their credit. Awesome company!!
Pros
Unlimited income
Cons
Must balance your life to ensure your getting enough clients
Great company!
Client Advocate (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 30, 2018
I have been working here for about a year an a half. I have finally found a company that I can rely on to deliver the values that they discussed with me during the interview. Ever since I have started I have been able to take my sales career to the next level with training and enough help to continuously grow. The culture is great and the environment is perfect!
September 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback! We are growing, and looking for more like-minded sales people. Please share with anyone that you feel would be a great fit for Americor!

A typical day at work
Customer Service Relations (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 13, 2018
Procedures and policy change twice daily.

management is all trained different there fore all relaid information various by person.

Head of Operations is great but do not really know what management is up too behind there back
Pros
Money
Cons
In office problems
August 28, 2018

We are sorry that your experience at Americor is not a 5 star experience! We hope that you can continue to be flexible and adaptable as we manage our growing pains. When the company and the business grows exponentially over a 12 month period, bumps in the process are bound to happen. We will try to be better with communication to all moving forward. Thank you for your feedback!

Not a place to work for
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 3, 2017
Overall the worst place I've ever worked for. Everyone there is miserable and most of the upper management team are very ignorant. Majority of them have no clue on what their job title is because they're too worried about either sexually harassing women or to worried about stressing why their team hates them. It was like being in High school all over again even though half of the people there never even attended high school or obtained a High school diploma.
September 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to voice your opinion. It sounds like this was not the right fit for you and its best that we parted ways. We hope you found a position and a company that brings you joy every day!

Fun Work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 23, 2013
Working at Americor Financial was working with family. Everyone knew each other and help each other. I haven't had an experience with a job that even your boss and the owner of the company is a friend. They would always knowledge you if you walk by. My job was to deal with customer services, help them with there debt consulate and go over there programs we offer. What I learn in this position you have to have patient, confident so the person on the other line feels comfortable talking to you. My team we were supportive one another, if we felt like the customer wasn't understanding we would ask them to transfer to me or even my manager would of step up. The hardest part of this job is that we had goals and we had to work even harder to accomplish every month numbers. What I like about working for this company was management was great to me and if I had any issues they would take there time to work with me.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Never had a break
I already Reviewed
Self management (Current Employee) –  Ladera Ranch, CANovember 24, 2016
Will be deleted, Accidental Double. This place deserves a second knock though, this place is awesome. Sometimes we do so well we get off a little early on fridays!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Americor. Our community is ready to answer.

Americor Reviews by Location