AmeriCorps

AmeriCorps Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA9 reviews
Do you want to give back to your community? This is the career for you. Volunteer with local businesses and agencies and find your niche in the job market.
Pros
relaxed, coworkers
Cons
no career advancement
AmeriCorps pays a monthly stipend depending on your service hour contract ( full or part-time ). it's once a month and is very little money for the amount of service you do on a day by day services.

No health insurance unless the organization that your working for does offer it.
If you are looking for public work and immigration law this is the place for you to learn and grow. The people here are really nice. There are weekly training and learning that help you grow professionally and personally.
Working with Community in a great Environment, with awsome group of persons making the time working good and learning about the experiences of another persons
Changed my life. I learned so much about myself and really felt like I was making a difference. I learned about time management and patience. Everyday was different and unexpected things happened but I learned to handle it.
The environment was great. I enjoyed working with children and helping them with their school work. I always felt like I was contributing to an amazing team.
Lead outreach initiatives between staff and local community. mostly enjoy giving back, forge coalitions between public, private sector and community.
Pros
Help avert the consequences of the worst economic downfall of 2008
Cons
Working with refugee women in community health model - and training them in health and wellness topics to help facilitate their integration into US culture.
I did Americorps because I wanted to find an excuse to get back into school.

The Ed Segal award is $5700 before taxes and a lot of schools are willing to either give full rides or match the scholarship offer per semester.

That's great, BUT throughout the entire year you really don't know what to expect and connecting with youth was great. More often than not I was displaced and put into situations where I was struggling sometimes on how I was going to get my hours.

Its unfair that sometimes there is work and sometimes there isn't and your schedule is ALWAYS fluctuating.
Pros
You get a grant for school and meet amazing people
Cons
Crazy schedule, VERY LOW PAY and there arent any finance courses offered on how to manage a $1400 salary