AmeriCredit Employee Reviews

good place to work
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 10, 2018
This was a good company to work for. I learned a lot from my time there. I found mentors to help me group and was able to add to the company success while also mentoring others.
Good Job and Pay
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAFebruary 13, 2018
Had to work 2 late nights 11-8 a week and 2 Saturdays a month. You learn how to build relationships with dealerships. Management in local office could use improvement. Availability of management was poor due to managers coming in late and leaving early on a normal basis. When management was in the office they seemed to be in countless meetings. Overall workplace culture was good amongst the teams of credit analysts. The hardest part of the job was availability of management. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships you make with dealerships and fellow employees.
Pros
Pay and the people you work with
Cons
local management
Overall Good Job
COLLECTIONS ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 26, 2018
Promoted easily in the company. Collections was simple to follow, Managers are organized. overall chandler site was a healthy environment to work at. .
Many Learning Opportunities
Desktop Support II (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 24, 2018
If you are independent, have strong time management and technical skills, as a technician you will enjoy this company. Typical day is having an assigned floor and departments. I learned to manage my time by planning ahead for desktop moves, installs, inventory, etc.
Pros
Salary position, always learning
Great Place Great Time
FundsNow Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 17, 2018
I really enjoyed working here. I only left because a friend needed some serious help. There were great people working there when I left and I really liked how open the communication was between the vps ad supervisors down to the regular workers.
Area General Manager, Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 18, 2017
Nice people to work with, would still be working there if I didn't move away. Maybe some day in the future I'll be back. Fun place to work and great times golfing.
Fun Productive work place
Collections Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 17, 2017
This was my 1st job in collections and I learned alot and enjoyed my roll as a collector. Lots of room for advancement. Just did not like the hourly pay and the bonus structure.
Fun place to work with good hours
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 9, 2017
I would recommend this place for people to work. I believe it is now GM financial though. Fun place to work at with Team activities during holidays. Great atmosphere. Team leads are very helpful and training was fun.
Pros
Fun stuff with teams
Cons
Pay
Solid company with strong executive leadership
Regional Vice President of Sales/Credit (Former Employee) –  Virginia and IllinoisOctober 31, 2017
Good company to work for. Employees were treated fairly and promotions were for the most part based on skills and not boss's pet mentality. Comprehensive training is a strong suit for the organization.
Loan Servicing
Loan Servicing Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 19, 2017
It was a fun department. Pay was low. Peers and management were great to work for/with. The moral was good. The work was busy but not too busy. Could listen to radio at desk.
Productive fun work place
Supervisor Records Management (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 17, 2017
Typical day at work was relaxing, fun, enjoyable and pleasant. I learn to work without being stressed. The company really cared about their people when I was there. Management was great! No concerns there. Workplace culture great! The hardest part of my job was firing people. The enjoyable part of my job was making others happy.
Pros
Play time on the clock
Cons
Short breaks
a lot of travel
Dealer Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 11, 2017
Visit dealers all over the tri state area. This was a job that took you on the road all day every day. Don't even think they are in business any longer.
Pros
freedomto much travel
Like Family/Chandler
Front End Collector (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 16, 2017
My experience here at Americredit was the best, I enjoyed my position and never had any regrets. The company is awesome and take care of all employees and staff on all levels.
Pros
Great in collection and system is very easy to work with.
Cons
Location maybe yet maybe would consider 4/10 to cut back on travel.
Very layed back place to work, lunch catered on montly bases to employees.
Funding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 6, 2017
Typical day at work included fast pace work, learned how to use dual screens. My manager was reasonable, the workplace was very diverse with different cultures, different age ranges. The hardest part of the job was keeping employees to stay. Most enjoyable part of the job was be competitive.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Not as much vacation time.
Super busy but a great company
CREDIT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 28, 2017
Long hours and late nights and weekends but great employee rewards, compensation and benefits, tons of growing opportunity and good incentives. Challenging.
Pros
Great company tons of perks
Cons
fun place to work with a laid back atmosphere
customer service and clerical duties as assigned (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 27, 2017
Management provided a positive role.Being on teams helped employees to strive to do their best with continuous contests and friendly competition. Was able to learn more negotiation skills
Pros
clean break rooms and cafeteria
Cons
clients yelling and cursing about their overdue accounts
Awesome secondary finance company
Team Leader/ Skip Tracer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 24, 2017
Assisted Management with employee escalations for customer service and collections issues.
Assisted with team performance to ensure high quality standards.
Achieved 100% accuracy for meeting company guidelines.
Developed and implemented first time skip tracing procedures to significantly reduce loss.
Assisted with training and mentoring new skip tracers to meet goals and standards.
Authorized deferments and due date changes based on Federal guidelines.
Pros
Help clients to understand credit
Good
GM (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 13, 2017
I don't have any bad reviews about the company they have a good balance for your work life. they had good paid time off. and they had great management
Pros
na
Cons
na
Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable/Repo Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJuly 12, 2017
I completed information for our Repo Agents to pick up our cars. I enjoyed working there because there was a lot of opportunity for advancement. The work culture was quick paced but we were able to get work done in a timely manner.
Pros
Cons
non
Wonderful
Collections Trainer and Back-End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 21, 2017
This is an awesome place to work and I would strongly recommend it to anyone who is actively seekng employment. I give it two thums up. Great work place.