Amerifirst Home Mortgage Employee Reviews

Very relaxed
Disbursements Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 22, 2018
The department I work in was very relaxed. People would be on their phones half the day and it was okay. They only were talked to. They really strived on their culture. Work/life balance was great and honored. However Management had their favorites and it was obvious. I believe in hard work to get where you are going, not the case here.
Pros
nice work/life balance.
Cons
management needs to stick to rules
Its not a terrible job or a bad place to work, but the pay isn't great
Adverse Action Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 30, 2018
I honestly enjoy my job here- I am very self-directed, and once my job skills were learned, I was very much left to work on my own. Micro-management was not a problem, at least in my role. However, the company seems to be pulled in many different directions on a corporate level- there is no clear indication of where the ship is headed as a whole, and this trickles down to (at least in my position) job duties and responsibilities changing constantly and without warning. From the time I started to now (a little over 1 year), the day to day operates completely differently than it used to. However, my manager is great, and the flexibility to work from home is a definite bonus. However however, I am not making what I should be with my experience and education. Also, there is no clear mentorship program or career guidance- your manager is responsible for figuring out where you want to go and helping you to get there, and if they don't have the time or don't want to see you progress, well, thats tough for you. I want a job where I have a clear goal and a way to figure out what steps to take to get there, and this job is not giving me that.
Pros
Good environment, small company feel, mission is followed
Cons
underpaid, lack of clear advancement
Privately owned/ commissioned no benefits
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Crawfordville, FLJune 6, 2018
Mortgage industry crashed. Business was during this time period, couple owned business. Pleasant atmosphere. Manager very helpful in assisting with processing and educating us on new products
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Paid by commission only
Look elsewhere.
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIFebruary 26, 2018
Terrible management, no reviews, no room or any plan for advancement and bullying is rewarded- they don't care about employees only bottom line is important.
Really Good First Career Job
Help Desk Intern (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJanuary 17, 2018
AmeriFirst is one of those stepping jobs - you get a lot of good experience and meet some really great people on the way. The only issue is that the pay is rather low.
Productive and fun place to work at
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 14, 2018
Great company. Everyone is always ready to help. Helps a lot of people obtain the best loan program available. The Branch Manager is very positive and has a great attitude.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
No salary schedule available
Nice culture
Network Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 28, 2017
A supportive environment that respects everyone. Flexible work hours with ability to work from home. A great home work balance culture that is part of the fabric of the company.
Nice place to work
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portage, MINovember 6, 2017
Very accommodating for schedule and time off.
Sometimes not very good at coaching but overall good communication regarding company-wide news. Experiencing some growing pains regarding policy development.
Pros
very pleasant atmosphere
Cons
career development not a priority
Great Place to Work
Loan Officer/Manager/NMLS#1363183 (Current Employee) –  Rocky River, OHOctober 11, 2017
Great company with even better people. The commission structure has unlimited potential. This is a pure sales position and anyone looking to work as a loan originator must have a hunters mentality, be self-motivated and be willing to take no frequently. This position is not for everyone and I recommend those interested make sure they either have a sizable CRM or be willing to network with the best of them.
Pros
flexibility of schedule/work life balance/support/unlimited income potential
Cons
Limited Structure/No Formal Training
No longer in Norther Kentucky
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Mitchell, KYApril 14, 2017
Only worked for Amerifirst for a short time due to the business being closed in Northern Kentucky........................................................
Good Mortgage Company with caring leadership
Director of Renovation Lending & TPO (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 18, 2017
Great family atmosphere.

Very compliant and well thought of within the mortgage industry.

Amazing Renovation and Draw Department!!!

Very caring people.
Great Experience
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 9, 2016
Great place to work. Great remunerations. Great people. The experience I had at this job was awesome. The people were very friendly and accommodating.