Amerifirst Home Mortgage

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Not made for new LO

No trining for new LO’s. The company itself was good to me I had issues with the management at my branch. Manager told me everything I wanted to hear and didn’t do any of them. No communication or support.

Pros

Technology the company in a whole is good

Cons

My branch and lack of support and communication

Professional, organized, with a pinch of fun!

Amerifirst is an amzing place to work. The people there are so genuine and really celebrate each other's accomplishments! Not only are the workers one big happy family, but so are their clients!

Very fast pace. Great teamwork

I enjoy working with my management team and fellow underwriters. I feel my coworkers offer a wealth of knowledge and experience. Some branches believe they're above the guidelines and with it being a small company go directly to the CEO to complain which is unnecessary.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

No raises given

busy with tight timelines to finish work.

Advancement opportunities are not very common. Human resources will not have your back if you need help with a major life problem. You will be very busy with work which will make your day go by fast.

Cons

Short breaks

They claim to be family oriented but the company has changed as it not so much family oriented anymore

This was a great place to work when i first started there but over the years has shown it is not family oriented anymore. They will make you choose between your family/children (especially disabled children whom need more attention that "normal" kids) over work.

Pros

Supervisors are nice and will try to help any way they can.

Cons

The business itself is not family friendly anymore if you have a disabled child.

Avoid

The manager has little feel for people. The technology is horrible. It's a dying company on the local level. Like working for a dictator. The home office is helpful.

Pros

Quick and fair underwriting.

Cons

Management. Rates are horrid. Uncertain future for company.

Job

The place that i work @ has no chance for you to advance. The Manager is very unprofessional. The manager talks to other staff about employees. Horrible Branch to work for.

Job seeker beware

Training is self guided, LOs LOAs, processors BMs and UWs all do things differently. No consistency. Constant complainers and negativity from sales made it difficult to support the team.

Pros

small town feel

Cons

favortism, expensive benefits, rude LOs

Started out good

When you first start the environment is amazing, you wonder how everyone can be so nice. Then as time goes, you realize that not everyone is that nice. If you aren’t on the good side of HR, they find a reason why to get rid of you. If you talk to coworkers about anything other than work, you get in trouble. The culture started out great, but changed and never was the same.

Amerifirst is amazing

Amerifirst is a great company with wonderful people. The colleagues I work with on a daily basis are some of the top performers in the industry. Family is truly first and these people care. The company is smaller, so you do not get lost in the numbers and really can make a meaningful impact. The owners are not micromanagers and create a good culture that allows our teams to succeed. However, the growing pains are real, but the company is making slow but deliberate positive progress forward. As a smaller company, the promotion opportunities are not always there. The business prides itself on keeping its staff during the ebbs and flows common with the industry. This is great job stability, but does come at the price of wage stagnation for hourly and salary personnel.

No commission paid to prior employee

I am a Loan Officer that decided to leave Amerifirst. I closed loans prior to my separation date of the co and they refused to pay my commissions. They stated that I was in breach of our agreement however we never had a signed employment agreement and they had been paying me commissions prior to leaving the company.

Pros

n/a

Cons

Lost wages

Lakewood office has brutal management and little training

Was very stressful work environment there was a lot of profanity very little training and the management was very critical offered no solutions to any kind of issues you have

Not like it used to be

Amerifirst is a nice place to work as a stepping stone. It used to be a place where they cared about good employees, but not anymore. It is not about what you know, but who you know in order to get hired in. HR is not on your side even though they say they are.

Feels like family.

Working at Amerifirst, you get to know everyone quickly & everyone is very nice. It begins to feel like a work-family instead of just work. The work-life balance is very easy to maintain. Everyone at Amerifirst genuinely cares about their job & helping borrowers.

culture of fun

a typical day is fast paced and fun. great people to be around. managemtn is great because they listen to their employees. it's hard to get a raise though.

two thumbs up

Staff is diligent, hard-work, competent and thorough. Management is competent. Workplace culture is very good; work/life balance is highly encouraged.

Pros

good people, great corporate culture

Cons

fast pace

nice place to work

i enjoyed my time here, but feel i need to move on. The culture is good and the company tries to do fun things for the employees. I have learned a lot about mortgages.

Great core values

Amerifirst applied their core values in a great way. They really care about you along with your family. I found that one of the greatest qualities of Amerifirst.

Pros

Comfortable setting

Cons

More communication between manager and employee

Fired before my insurance took over

I was let go just a few days before my health insurance took effect. I was never told there were any problems, but stated that I "didn't fit in" and I would be let go. What they didn't know was I have Diabetes, ADD, and High Functioning Autism, which explained my "not fitting in" firing.

Cons

Will fire you for possibly illegal reasons

Good Benefits

Florida branches are not run as effectively or efficiently as headquarters which is out of state. People are gone every week. Corporate stress work life balance but that does not exist in the branches.

Pros

Good Benefits and incentives

Cons

Operations lacks leadership for employees.

I wish I had never left

I cannot speak enough about how amazing the people and atmosphere is at AmeriFirst. The support the senior managers as well as team leads is absolutely priceless. You can't grasp the awesomeness unless you truly experience it!

Pros

work from home

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amerifirst Home Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.2
InHerSight Score
1.7Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight