Ameriflight, LLC Employee Reviews

I'm happy so far
Pilot (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 29, 2018
Good company with great coworkers. Great skills are developed in IFR flying to large and small airports. PIC turbine time is quickly gained and type ratings are paid for by the company.
Pros
advancement, salary is improving, safety is important
Cons
could pay more, lots of travel away from home until senior or get a base you want
Decent part time work for new workers.
Ramp Lead (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 19, 2018
Ameriflight, LLC. is a logistics company that provides decent hours and pay. The jobs performed for Ameriflight are fast and quick paced and require an attention to detail. Benefits are lackluster for part-time employees, however, full-time employees receive better benefits.
September 28, 2018

Hi, thank you for your review!
We are constantly working to become a better company and have recently made some big changes in hopes of strengthening our leadership team and increasing employee satisfaction.
Our employees are very important to us and we hope that if you find yourself back at Ameriflight, you will be pleased with the changes we have made.

Working as a maintenance
A and P technichian (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 28, 2018
The supervisor in Ontario, California location always yelling for no reason. He may have some mental disabilities ( higher management doesn't know that). Overnight jobs are very very stressful. Additionally, you will get artificial stress from the supervisor. Which is completely unwanted. Planning to switch the job as soon as possible. The Dallas, Texas office is really good on both management and behavior. The problem is they did not give any behavior training to satellite bases. My supervisor did not know, not even common sense that how to behave with people, almost everyday bark like a dog.
Pros
overtime
Cons
dog barking
Manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMarch 2, 2018
They treat employees with little respect unless you are a pilot. It takes a background team to run an airline. No salary increases, marginal benefits. Highly overworked and department was cut by 1/3.
Cons
No raises or bonuses.
working hard
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Carolina, PRFebruary 1, 2018
need to do us apis, caricom apis, update schedule, customer service work, ams transmission, invoicing , flight following, daily accounts receivable customs clearance
Pros
401k plan
Cons
short break and lunch
Great Place to work for*
Buyer for the EMB120 Heavy Maintenance C-Check (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2018
If your a pilot or a director you're taking care of. If your a pilot or a director you're taking care of. Pilots and Directors are always taken care of but the people that make a real difference to make sure the are planes are up.. Aren't taking care of...
Pros
If your a pilot or a director you're taking care of
Cons
if you're a worker bee. Good Luck
September 28, 2018

Thank you for the review. We always appreciate feedback from employees!
We try to offer options for all our employees to advance and grow their career with us. We have leadership opportunities, upgrade opportunities, and other programs in place to help our employees advance no matter the department, whether you’re just starting out, or soon retiring.
As a current employee, we hope you are able to benefit from these opportunities. As always, if you have any suggestions don’t hesitate to send them our way!

Great place to work lots of oppertunities
Line Service (Former Employee) –  Pheonix,AZ.December 3, 2017
Great place to work with lots of opportunities for advancement and/ or change of occupation ,location in many stars and the pay is good. You can get overtime also.
Pros
Healthcare 401k good people
Cons
Getting soapy when washing planes
Very lousy company to work for
Flight Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXApril 3, 2018
I would never ever go to work for Ameriflight again. You are micro managed the credit cards that you are given to pay for things or always denied which tells you that the company is in lousy shape. Management just walks around the office does absolutely nothing. Most of the people that I know they're or looking for other jobs they just took the position just to get some experience you're not really even a dispatcher. They use old an Antiquated aircraft they really need to update the aircraft there to some learjets or something. Like I said it's a very lousy company to work for and my advice is to never go to work there.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Where do I start at.
October 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are always working to become a better company and have recently made some changes in hopes of strengthening our leadership team and overall employee satisfaction.
If you ever make it back to Ameriflight, we hope these changes and the ones to come will please you.

Very clean nice working environment
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 3, 2018
Loved working for this company just and they are closing this base they offer a good severance package even for someone who only been with the company for a short time
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Manager hard to find to talk to
Great place to get experience
Level 3 Technician/ Team Lead/ Inspector (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 24, 2018
Ameriflight is a great place to gain experience, you are always working on something different. With five fleet types you are continuously challenged with electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting.
Good Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2018
The company was challenged to hire the needed pilots and mechanics. Overall a good company where you can succeed if you worked hard. Lot's of opportunity for the right individuals.
September 28, 2018

Hi, thank you for your feedback!
We are happy to hear that you feel Ameriflight is a good company where individuals can grow their career. We try to give opportunities to all of our employees to establish a career at Ameriflight, whether they’re just starting out or soon retiring.
If you ever find yourself back at Ameriflight, we hope you will take advantage of those opportunities.

Unsafe Work Practices
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 18, 2018
The repair station does not live up to FAA standards. They perform all of their work without using any reference material. During my short time working there, there was a safety incident where I was almost injured and an aircraft part was dropped and never inspected visually or using NDT. The part was a nose strut for a Beechcraft C99. The part was put on the next day. The lead mechanic that was training me was extremely stubborn and stuck in his ways. The facility is not very clean. Decent pay for the job you're doing.
October 24, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your time here at Ameriflight. Safety is our #1 priority and we ask any employee to report something they feel is not done safely. We are always working to become a better company and have recently made some changes in hopes of strengthening our leadership team and overall employee satisfaction. If you ever find yourself back at Ameriflight, we hope you will be pleased with these changes.

Productive and fun place to work
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 12, 2018
short hours but the work is easy, fast and, i learned a lot of different things.Management is fine they treat you with respect and make you feel comfortable at the workplace.
Pros
easy and fast work
Cons
Not to many hours
Great place to gain experience, not money.
A&P Technician (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 20, 2016
Great place to start your career to gain experience. No training here, more of a free for all. Pay sucks, no raises ever, no advancement opportunity. The schedule is okay as long as you don't get the thurs-sun schedule. Moving most jobs to NM.
Pros
Great place to gain experience on turboprop
Cons
Low pay, no raises, very hard to advance
Great opportunity to advance your skills
Lead A&P Mechanic (Current Employee) –  CVGNovember 9, 2017
If you can work on a metro, you can work on anything. It is feast or famine and you will be forced to either become an excellent troubleshooter and do things you never thought you could, or you will find a different job because you cant hack it. The pay is competitive, and advancement opportunities are right there, but you have to take some initiative and chase it, nothing will be handed to you.
Pros
Good pay, holidays off, Day shift!!!
Cons
Healthcare
September 28, 2018

Hi! Thank you for the review.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here at Ameriflight. We try to provide career opportunities and growth for all of our employees and are pleased to hear you found that while working here.
Since your time here, we have rolled out new healthcare benefits as well. We hope that if you find yourself back at Ameriflight, you will be pleased with the changes we have made.

big brother looking at you
Line service (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 21, 2014
I loved working for ameriflight. I been there for 7yrs. I had 3 shoulder surgeries and was on workers comp. when I got back Its was the worst place to be. I was at the bottom of the totem pole and was retaliated by my boss for workers comp settlement. I hate that palce
Pros
bad management
Cons
health care 401k
Great company
HR Benefits Administrator/Payroll (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXMarch 23, 2017
I love working for this company, great atmoshere great co workers and management. Great location and positive co workers. this company offers great benefits
Poorly run by management
Line mechanic (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2014
Everyday rules and procedures changed to meet management and not maintenance crew. Promoted to day shift supervisor but pay raise never met on what was to be. Throw you under the bus to cover themselves.
Good place to break into the aviation industry
Airframe & Powerplant Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2017
I enjoyed working with most of the people that I worked with and it was a great opportunity to break into the general aviation field after retiring from the military. I was terminated for a very minor mistake that was much less severe than numerous other violations that I saw happen there during my employment. Although after my termination they didn't try to shaft me on my final paycheck. Upper management will say all of the correct words to cover their own tail but turn a blind eye the second that their "safety directives" aren't practical for operations.
Pros
Pay is pretty good, Good aviation job for new A&Ps
Cons
Poor organization, few opportunites for advancement
Great place to build real world experience
ACP (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 17, 2018
Ameriflight is a great place to build time fast, they however do not seem to be able to keep pilots around long enough to change the schedule so that you can enjoy time off. we work at least 5 days a week and are gone from home from 5 am to 7 pm it gets old fast
October 24, 2018

Hi! Thank you for the review.
We are happy to hear that you were able to build up time quickly while flying for us. We are constantly working to become a better company and have recently made some big changes in hopes of strengthening our leadership team and decreasing employee turnover.
In addition, we just recently increased our pilot pay and are working toward a four day work week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ameriflight, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight