Ameriflight, LLC Employee Reviews

I'm happy so far
Pilot (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 29, 2018
Good company with great coworkers. Great skills are developed in IFR flying to large and small airports. PIC turbine time is quickly gained and type ratings are paid for by the company.
Pros
advancement, salary is improving, safety is important
Cons
could pay more, lots of travel away from home until senior or get a base you want
Great place to get experience
Level 3 Technician/ Team Lead/ Inspector (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 24, 2018
Ameriflight is a great place to gain experience, you are always working on something different. With five fleet types you are continuously challenged with electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting.
Great Place to work for*
Buyer for the EMB120 Heavy Maintenance C-Check (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2018
If your a pilot or a director you're taking care of. If your a pilot or a director you're taking care of. Pilots and Directors are always taken care of but the people that make a real difference to make sure the are planes are up.. Aren't taking care of...
Pros
If your a pilot or a director you're taking care of
Cons
if you're a worker bee. Good Luck
September 28, 2018

Thank you for the review. We always appreciate feedback from employees!
We try to offer options for all our employees to advance and grow their career with us. We have leadership opportunities, upgrade opportunities, and other programs in place to help our employees advance no matter the department, whether you’re just starting out, or soon retiring.
As a current employee, we hope you are able to benefit from these opportunities. As always, if you have any suggestions don’t hesitate to send them our way!

Good Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2018
The company was challenged to hire the needed pilots and mechanics. Overall a good company where you can succeed if you worked hard. Lot's of opportunity for the right individuals.
September 28, 2018

Hi, thank you for your feedback!
We are happy to hear that you feel Ameriflight is a good company where individuals can grow their career. We try to give opportunities to all of our employees to establish a career at Ameriflight, whether they’re just starting out or soon retiring.
If you ever find yourself back at Ameriflight, we hope you will take advantage of those opportunities.

Decent part time work for new workers.
Ramp Lead (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 19, 2018
Ameriflight, LLC. is a logistics company that provides decent hours and pay. The jobs performed for Ameriflight are fast and quick paced and require an attention to detail. Benefits are lackluster for part-time employees, however, full-time employees receive better benefits.
September 28, 2018

Hi, thank you for your review!
We are constantly working to become a better company and have recently made some big changes in hopes of strengthening our leadership team and increasing employee satisfaction.
Our employees are very important to us and we hope that if you find yourself back at Ameriflight, you will be pleased with the changes we have made.

Unsafe Work Practices
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 18, 2018
The repair station does not live up to FAA standards. They perform all of their work without using any reference material. During my short time working there, there was a safety incident where I was almost injured and an aircraft part was dropped and never inspected visually or using NDT. The part was a nose strut for a Beechcraft C99. The part was put on the next day. The lead mechanic that was training me was extremely stubborn and stuck in his ways. The facility is not very clean. Decent pay for the job you're doing.
Very lousy company to work for
Flight Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXApril 3, 2018
I would never ever go to work for Ameriflight again. You are micro managed the credit cards that you are given to pay for things or always denied which tells you that the company is in lousy shape. Management just walks around the office does absolutely nothing. Most of the people that I know they're or looking for other jobs they just took the position just to get some experience you're not really even a dispatcher. They use old an Antiquated aircraft they really need to update the aircraft there to some learjets or something. Like I said it's a very lousy company to work for and my advice is to never go to work there.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Where do I start at.
Great place to build real world experience
ACP (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 17, 2018
Ameriflight is a great place to build time fast, they however do not seem to be able to keep pilots around long enough to change the schedule so that you can enjoy time off. we work at least 5 days a week and are gone from home from 5 am to 7 pm it gets old fast
Manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMarch 2, 2018
They treat employees with little respect unless you are a pilot. It takes a background team to run an airline. No salary increases, marginal benefits. Highly overworked and department was cut by 1/3.
Cons
No raises or bonuses.
Not right now.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 28, 2018
This was a volatile place when I first started, but I was used to the environment from my previous employment. Somehow Ameriflight got worse. I would not recommend this den of inequity to my worst enemy right now; maybe later.
Line maintenance Tech
Line MX (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Stressful and line paced type of work....lack of available parts that sometimes delays the operation of the maintenance, always stressful and work load is overloaded,
Pros
working on obsolete cargo fleet
working hard
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Carolina, PRFebruary 1, 2018
need to do us apis, caricom apis, update schedule, customer service work, ams transmission, invoicing , flight following, daily accounts receivable customs clearance
Pros
401k plan
Cons
short break and lunch
Great place to work lots of oppertunities
Line Service (Former Employee) –  Pheonix,AZ.December 3, 2017
Great place to work with lots of opportunities for advancement and/ or change of occupation ,location in many stars and the pay is good. You can get overtime also.
Pros
Healthcare 401k good people
Cons
Getting soapy when washing planes
Great opportunity to advance your skills
Lead A&P Mechanic (Current Employee) –  CVGNovember 9, 2017
If you can work on a metro, you can work on anything. It is feast or famine and you will be forced to either become an excellent troubleshooter and do things you never thought you could, or you will find a different job because you cant hack it. The pay is competitive, and advancement opportunities are right there, but you have to take some initiative and chase it, nothing will be handed to you.
Pros
Good pay, holidays off, Day shift!!!
Cons
Healthcare
September 28, 2018

Hi! Thank you for the review.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here at Ameriflight. We try to provide career opportunities and growth for all of our employees and are pleased to hear you found that while working here.
Since your time here, we have rolled out new healthcare benefits as well. We hope that if you find yourself back at Ameriflight, you will be pleased with the changes we have made.

run as far as u can
Line Pilot (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2017
this place is trash, management is trash, planes are trash. worked to death is death trap aircraft. mike anderson sucks. worst company in the world and wont doubt if they are open another 2 years
Pros
Cons
everything
it is good to learn new things
Accounts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2017
it is nice to work always learn new concept. employee is great there. need to improve management, if someone is willing to learn they should provide and help.
Great company
Embraer 120 Captain (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 11, 2017
I have no complaints. The training is excellent and the work is straight forward.
September 28, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!
We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your time working here at Ameriflight! Our training department works hard to deliver industry-leading flight training. We're glad to hear of their successes through your perspective.
As a current employee, we hope to continue serving you well!

Good place to break into the aviation industry
Airframe & Powerplant Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2017
I enjoyed working with most of the people that I worked with and it was a great opportunity to break into the general aviation field after retiring from the military. I was terminated for a very minor mistake that was much less severe than numerous other violations that I saw happen there during my employment. Although after my termination they didn't try to shaft me on my final paycheck. Upper management will say all of the correct words to cover their own tail but turn a blind eye the second that their "safety directives" aren't practical for operations.
Pros
Pay is pretty good, Good aviation job for new A&Ps
Cons
Poor organization, few opportunites for advancement
Not trustworthy
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 14, 2017
I would be careful applying here. Any company that can call you 5 hours before you start your first shift and tell it's a hiring freeze and you can't start is not trustworthy. No follow up or anything of that nature.
Has potiental to be a Great Company
Aviation Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 26, 2017
I loved the company. Greatest employees I have ever worked with. They are like family. My boss was Wonderful and very supportive! Director of MX, Recruiting, Flight all very classy and wonderful people.

However the Executive Leadership offers NO communication with the exception of the CFO. The rest of them will look you in the eye and Lie right to your face. They change the rules and policies on a daily basis and you better live by them. The best thing that could of happened to that company was for the Human Resources President to be Fired. I know the Executive Guys are a Good Group of Guys but I do question their Leadership and Integrity.
Pros
My Immediate Boss was Very Supportive and Fair
Cons
No communication from upper managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ameriflight, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight