Ameriflight, LLC Employee Reviews

fun to watch airplanes
Accounting clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 9, 2019
It was a challenging job. learned a lot in. but very bad management and a lot of layoffs. what's good for accounting is dealing with companies not individual clients.
Good
Captain BE99, Captain 1900 (Current Employee) –  PhxAugust 13, 2019
Great company great experience learned a lot here. Kept all
The promise they made and are straight forward. Hours are long but the flight time is worth it.
Challenging Experience.
First Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 7, 2019
This job was, by far, the most challenging job; from training through to line haul. The flying is amazing, and the standard operations are industry standard. However, dealing with management has proved to be rather difficult, and the things that they get away with, pilots on the line would never be able to get away in like manner. So, there is some form of disconnect in that regard. Oftentimes, we (pilots) feel like just a number here, and other pilots have complained before. That's how I know they feel the same way. If you just do you job, and never complain about anything that looks, smells, or feels wrong, then you'll be fine here. Dispatch crew is amazing. Best I've come across. Very easy to deal with, very accommodating, and understanding. For single people, this job is perfect. Otherwise, it takes a toll on families, and challenges the understanding of many partners. For the type of operation, and the companies that we do business with, our pay should be through the roof. Many pilots would bear the burden of the experience -- early mornings / late evenings; remote area flying; etc. -- if the money was right. The pay has since gone up from the time I have left, but it's still substandard for the type of flying that is done. Easily, this could be the best regional cargo airline in the USA, but they short-change themselves by falling short on the areas listed above. That is all. Oh, and the whole fleet NEEDS to be repainted. For a "professional" company, the fleet's outside condition does not reflect well on that. Unless, it really does. Hphm?!
Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 31, 2019
This company would be a great company to work for, however, when you bring issues and concerns to upper management attention it goes ignored. There’s no significant training provided, you pretty much learn as you go. The only way you get a promotion is if you are kissing up to upper management.
Productive and fun place to work
My time at Ameriflight was adventurous and ever changing. From the moment I hired on as a mechanic until my time as Supervisor, then a Maintenance Controller. I spent time working and maintaining the fleet.
I knew a majority of the employees across all departments and it was truly a pleasure to work for such strong force in the Cargo Freight industry.
Productive and safe work environment with a strong team.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 9, 2019
I looked forward to work every day because I enjoyed working at a fast- paste type of job. With the team I had as a packager, the packages would always get sent out on time and safely.
Fun work environment
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 2, 2019
I enjoy working at Ameriflight. They trained me as best as they could and i learned a lot from the supervisors and leads. I’d recommend it to other people to apply there
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Weird work hours
Bottom of the barrel
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 19, 2019
Expect to work 6 days a week 0430 - 1930 assuming that you're unloaded quickly and there is no inclement weather. If you're looking to accumulate flight time, you can get it here but don't expect to have any comforts.

Management is difficult to deal with, from base managers to maintenance managers to upper management, it's a mess. There's a lot of miscommunication between departments. Management is not interested in any sort of feedback.

On the positive side, many employees try to work things out between each other. Lots of professional people, some with great advice to give.
Cons
Management views employees as disposable, Long 6 day work weeks, Poor communication between departments
Productive at Small Feeders and Large Feeders
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 23, 2019
A typical day at work is easy pace as one loads and unloads boxes. I learned that boxes with diamond labels cannot go in the cargo planes because they can be biohazards. The management is alright. The workplace can be average. The hardest part of the job is applying. The most enjoyable is getting everything done.
Pros
Nice and steady pace
Cons
Short hours
fun place
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 17, 2019
its only 3 hours of work,the management are really respectful coworker were respectful. They have 2 shifts 4am-7am then 5pm-8pm anybody that wants a part time job should work there
Pros
3 hours work
Cons
no health care
Be Prepared!
Pilot (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2019
I completed six weeks of training with Ameriflight (AMF) and would like to pass along some of my experiences, and wish you the best of luck if you get hired and are to be trained in the same aircraft as I was (the EMB-120 Brasilia). I heard from other students that training in the other types of aircraft in the fleet was handled differently, so I do not have any information regarding training in the Beech 99, Beech 1900 or the Metro.

Before leaving for initial Indoc training in Dallas, the company will send you a box of information that includes a large portion of the airplane flight manual, two smaller binders (general ops manual and an SOP for the airplane), and large posters of the cockpit layout. There will also be a letter that states that you should know the flows, memory items and systems before coming to class. The more that you study before getting there, the better the class will go for you.

The company paid for the hotel and per diem, along with the airfare to and from training.

The Brasilia training was conducted in Atlanta. The instructor made it clear to us that AMF desires to train the best Brasilia pilots in the world. There is certainly quite a bit to cover in the class in the time allotted. It is a concentrated and thorough course. We were told that some students, who were rated in the aircraft with thousands of hours in it, had said that they had never been instructed in such detail before at their previous carriers. It is AMF’s desire to teach you how to ‘disassemble’ the systems because the Brasilia is a “complicated, older” aircraft. Of course,
  more... in flight, if there is an issue, aside from a few memory items, all follow-up actions will be performed per the QRH, which you will learn how to navigate since some guidance may not be logically presented (i.e. single-engine landing after engine fire is separate and is not linked).

As a pilot for AMF, since they operate under Part 135, you will be relied upon to obtain your own weather (your flight plans are usually already on file with Center), to be in control of how your aircraft is loaded (you will need to be there while that is done), and that’s in addition to pre-flighting the aircraft and making sure it is properly fueled, and checking that maintenance items have been properly addressed. Not a problem, that’s expected.

This may be an eye-opener for some of you (especially if you are coming from
positions with Part 121 carriers): The Part 121 dispatcher figured out for you
all the aircraft weights for takeoff alternates, destinations and landing alternates, then decided which landing weight was the most restrictive, then told you what
the payload would be, and what the CG was, along with V speeds for takeoff and landing. Then you received the package, reviewed it, and then you departed on your way. However, at AMF, all of those computations will be figured out by hand (even though it is otherwise accepted industry-wide to use iPads to do this), keeping in mind, differences in altimeter settings, winds, deferred MEL items, etc. etc. etc. Accurately working out these problems is vital to the safety of flight, and since the process is quite involved, it was surprising that not more time was spent in class working on this from the get-go. It was a frustrating learning process and some students came to their conclusions easier and faster than others.

Halfway through the four-week ground school, you will be given a 75-question, internet-based open-book systems test that is designed to be taken on a laptop. Passing grade is 80%, yet we were told that the class average was well below that and that they would give us ten hours to take it. We were able to use our notes, the AFM, the GOM and SOP and it took us between eight and nine hours to take the test. There were performance problems (see previous paragraph about those), and other non-systems-related questions included; i.e., runway signs, fog types, weather fronts and their related weather, etc. Then, towards the end of sim training, you will be expected to take another, similar test, closed book. It also requires a passing grade of 80% and passing it determines if you will continue with the training program and IOE.

The sim is located at Flight Safety. It is expected that you know the flows and emergency procedures prior to the sim sessions, and your performance will be continuously graded. The instructor expects that students will get themselves in “situations” of their own making; however, those mistakes will invite a report to headquarters by your instructor regarding your performance and put your desire to become a successful AMF crewmember in jeopardy. Be aware of what may occur so you can properly prepare for any eventuality. Just remember the Boy Scout motto…Be Prepared!
Pros
Company pays training salary, hotel and per diem
Cons
Trying to enter the digital world
good training
Pilot (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 29, 2018
good training. you will fly a lot. good training. you will fly a lot. good chance that the next company you fly for will have a pilot who flew for the company.
Pros
good training
Cons
no time off
Very clean nice working environment
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 3, 2018
Loved working for this company just and they are closing this base they offer a good severance package even for someone who only been with the company for a short time
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Manager hard to find to talk to
I'm happy so far
Pilot (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 29, 2018
Good company with great coworkers. Great skills are developed in IFR flying to large and small airports. PIC turbine time is quickly gained and type ratings are paid for by the company.
Pros
advancement, salary is improving, safety is important
Cons
could pay more, lots of travel away from home until senior or get a base you want
Great place to get experience
Level 3 Technician/ Team Lead/ Inspector (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 24, 2018
Ameriflight is a great place to gain experience, you are always working on something different. With five fleet types you are continuously challenged with electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting.
Great Place to work for*
Buyer for the EMB120 Heavy Maintenance C-Check (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2018
If your a pilot or a director you're taking care of. If your a pilot or a director you're taking care of. Pilots and Directors are always taken care of but the people that make a real difference to make sure the are planes are up.. Aren't taking care of...
Pros
If your a pilot or a director you're taking care of
Cons
if you're a worker bee. Good Luck
September 28, 2018

Thank you for the review. We always appreciate feedback from employees!
We try to offer options for all our employees to advance and grow their career with us. We have leadership opportunities, upgrade opportunities, and other programs in place to help our employees advance no matter the department, whether you’re just starting out, or soon retiring.
As a current employee, we hope you are able to benefit from these opportunities. As always, if you have any suggestions don’t hesitate to send them our way!

Good Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2018
The company was challenged to hire the needed pilots and mechanics. Overall a good company where you can succeed if you worked hard. Lot's of opportunity for the right individuals.
September 28, 2018

Hi, thank you for your feedback!
We are happy to hear that you feel Ameriflight is a good company where individuals can grow their career. We try to give opportunities to all of our employees to establish a career at Ameriflight, whether they’re just starting out or soon retiring.
If you ever find yourself back at Ameriflight, we hope you will take advantage of those opportunities.

Decent part time work for new workers.
Ramp Lead (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 19, 2018
Ameriflight, LLC. is a logistics company that provides decent hours and pay. The jobs performed for Ameriflight are fast and quick paced and require an attention to detail. Benefits are lackluster for part-time employees, however, full-time employees receive better benefits.
September 28, 2018

Hi, thank you for your review!
We are constantly working to become a better company and have recently made some big changes in hopes of strengthening our leadership team and increasing employee satisfaction.
Our employees are very important to us and we hope that if you find yourself back at Ameriflight, you will be pleased with the changes we have made.

Unsafe Work Practices
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 18, 2018
The repair station does not live up to FAA standards. They perform all of their work without using any reference material. During my short time working there, there was a safety incident where I was almost injured and an aircraft part was dropped and never inspected visually or using NDT. The part was a nose strut for a Beechcraft C99. The part was put on the next day. The lead mechanic that was training me was extremely stubborn and stuck in his ways. The facility is not very clean. Decent pay for the job you're doing.
October 24, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your time here at Ameriflight. Safety is our #1 priority and we ask any employee to report something they feel is not done safely. We are always working to become a better company and have recently made some changes in hopes of strengthening our leadership team and overall employee satisfaction. If you ever find yourself back at Ameriflight, we hope you will be pleased with these changes.

Productive and fun place to work
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 12, 2018
short hours but the work is easy, fast and, i learned a lot of different things.Management is fine they treat you with respect and make you feel comfortable at the workplace.
Pros
easy and fast work
Cons
Not to many hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ameriflight, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight