AmeriGas Propane, Inc. Employee Reviews

Senior Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 1, 2018
I really enjoy working with co-worker and apply my skills with training other employees also. Great people with nice smile on there face.

Opportunity- to obtain a long-term, challenging position with potential for career growth
development while utilizing my various skills.
Organization- able to simultaneously manage large and small multiple projects
Interpersonal Communications- develops strong rapport with management and
co-workers.
Customers Service-Enthusiastically and sincerely enjoys establishing relationships
with customers
Pros
Good programs
Cons
training staff
Fast paced environment
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAAugust 10, 2018
A typical day for a CRR is a high volume of incoming and outgoing phone calls with existing and potential customers. Every call is recorded as well as timed and the results of your calls are issued in a daily report. The system is SAP (systems applications and data processing system). It's not the most efficient system for helping customers because it takes a long time to get from point A to point B. I'm guessing this system was chosen to help cooperate office and not each individual site office. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with the personal attitudes of the other CRR's, they ranged from being territorial over the work tasks to favoritism on how duties were divided. The behavior of the employees in the office didn't match what the company advertises as their culture.
Pros
Salary, hours, and schedule
Cons
Office atmosphere
Great company until you become a manager
District Manager (Former Employee) –  MDSeptember 16, 2018
AmeriGas offers a great benefits package for employees, does usually promote from within, and has some very strong people working for them. There are several great positions in the company that allow for career advancement and learning. One position that is particularly difficult is the District Manager position, there is little formal training, almost no direction for this position.
Pros
Great benefits, vacation pay, tuition reimbursement
Cons
constantly changing priorities, training, no direction
Decent place to work
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAOctober 29, 2018
It has been a good career, recent management changes have driven me to look for a new career. I appreciate the opportunity I have been given and the knowledge that I have gained.
Pros
Benefits, pay, perks
Cons
upper management
The worst company
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILOctober 19, 2018
Very unprofessional no room for growth low pay raise work you like a dog....Palatine district is the worst the people there have filthy mouths and have no respect..The office is nasty and sorry and they don't care about the customers
Pros
Cons
I so glad i left
A very quick paced and fun place to work
CRR - Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Mammoth Lakes, CAMay 22, 2018
AmeriGas was a wonderful place to work. We handled phone lines for 2 districts, Mammoth Lakes CA and Bishop CA and toward the end of my employment, they had added Lone Pine CA district as well. My District Manager was a very tough as nails, funny, hard working manager. He made the office very relaxing at times as well as educated me on any question that I asked regarding propane or propane related products. We did fundraisers for the salvation army by raising food for Thanksgiving. A toy drive with the local Police Department for Christmas. He never said no when it came to supporting a local event or family.
Pros
Benefits, one hour lunch. work schedule Monday thru Friday 8a-5p, weekends off with paid holidays off
Cons
When the company would raise gas prices.
Loved my work but hate management
Driver/ service technician (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCAugust 31, 2018
Picking up and setting tanks and doing leak checks. I have learned everything you could learn about propane. Great tools to work with but management cares nothing about employees. Hardest part of job is dealing with the stress of constantly being threatened with your job. Most enjoyable part is customer interactions.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Management is ridiculous
Keep looking for work while you work at AmeriGas.
Truck Driver Class B (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 20, 2018
Count on a 6am start, and occasional longer days, particularly if you're are on call. During summer there is less work, but look out come fall and winter! Dwindling residential customer base, usually a crushing schedule of mixed residential and industrial customers. Filling many forklift cylinders rapidly can cause long-term repetitive motion injuries. New CSRs in office occasionally cause unnecessary problems for drivers, but most CSRs have been there a while. Dirty work, very long hours, and you may be summarily fired for an un-ticketed driving infraction observed on the camera in the cab of the truck. AmeriGas will run on a reduced work-force for months. The work/life balance is at times really all work: if driving a tanker truck delivery route, much of the time you will be too tired to do much after work but collapse into sleep. I cannot recommend this company as a career for a driver. In the comment section below, there is a prompt to rate the CEO. I could not proceed past this page without putting something in.
Pros
The benefits, 401-K, and salary are decent.
Cons
Overtime. Over work.
Very Stressful
Bulk Driver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 20, 2018
Its not the worst place to work for but the management ruins the job on a daily basis. From the moment i started working there which took 3 weeks to get hired, I was consistently threatened with termination due too not working my route fast enough. On call is a joke they rope you in with a lie saying you only have to go out if its an emergency but they really mean if anyone runs out of gas you have to go out. favoritism is a major problem for the Sacramento location drivers can just miss a stop with no penalty while other are written up on the spot. And life work balance is a joke your going to be putting in 12 hour days no matter how efficient you get your route down cause they will just load you up with more work.
Pros
cant recall any
Cons
work life balance, pay, management, equipment
Service technician Los Banos propane former Employee
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Banos, CAOctober 22, 2018
Amerigas used to be a great place to work until thy started hiring upper management and department managers who don’t know about propane.Its all about the Shareholders,The I was there over six year and thy tried to lay me off , thy said cut backs but the real reason was..Favoritism, I never had any problems with the previous managers.Ones we got this knew manager everything changed I feelt Harassed , thy tried to lay me off, but when I fought them thy said thy made a mistake.. few months later took my service position away and had a terrible route... Coming into my seventh year I decide it wasn’t getting any better I just Quit to stressful I rather work for minimum wage than to work for Amerigas, and hear the manager say you got two choices stay or go.. well cya!!!!
Pros
Great co workers, Good insurance
Cons
Sorry management that know Nothing about the propane business
amerigas was a challenging job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CANovember 8, 2018
the management here was very unorganized and corporate is a little bit cut throat. I did very well at this job and applied for positions that opened up here and there but never was able to get the advancement I needed.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
management
Poor management and lack of advancement.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MO 64068October 21, 2018
No career advancement within the location. Would rather hire others that have no prior experience for jobs they are not qualified for. Good health insurance though.
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
Poor management and lack of advancement
great place to work
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 6, 2018
Amerigas has a great workplace culture, and open door policy from your team lead to the CEO. Department are very close with each other. Amerigas offer great medical benefits and matching 401k plans, and great PTO options.
Pros
great culture
Cons
your job depens on the weather
Great company, especially for males.
Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 20, 2018
Women tend to get regulated to support positions with little opportunity for advancement regardless of education, experience or years with company. Positions can also be deemed as no longer needed and you have 30 days or less to find other employment after a near decade of service (for a female). Pay and benefits are good.
Not a good job
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 29, 2018
Very bad place to work management not good too much paperwork no job security manager will throw you under the bus to make himself look good Worst job I have ever had do not go to work for this company
Pros
Cons
Bad place to work
Promote Safety only in word, push drivers to more hrs
Propane Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VAAugust 16, 2018
Started out as a fun job, quickly led to mandatory long hours sometimes over DOT limits.

Management plays games with Employees tells one person one thing and another something completely else.

When not delivery forced into labor, summer time.
Pros
Outside
Cons
Mandatory Hours
Beware
Driver (Former Employee) –  KentuckyNovember 7, 2018
You can be fired for leaving ruts. Very stressful, job threatened on many occasions. A minor accident not of your fault will put you in front of an investigation. Poor management which refuses to help when you are overwhelmed.
Integrity, ethics, and safety culture
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 23, 2018
The Company prides itself on its safety culture, but does not train managers properly to ensure safety is the number one priority. Managers are expected to review and observe safety practices that they do not know how to perform themselves.
Pros
people you work with
Cons
Corporate management inconsistent and favoritism
Great management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 30, 2018
I loved this job and I got to travel throughout the SE United States training new account managers. Being a SR account manger had a lot of great perks. The culture was outstanding and supportative
Pros
traveling and expense account
Stay away
Bobtail Driver (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAAugust 4, 2018
Unless there is nothing else, it is NOT worth the aggravation! Drivers are treated as the lowest form- you are a pawn, nothing more. In winter you will get like 20 stops, and they will add more while you are driving. All trucks use 2 way cameras, if you leave a driveway and the truck rolls , the camera sets off a red light, and you get your hand slapped (the 1st time), it progresses from there. If your tires leave the driveway, even by inches(say a tight turn) you’re written up. Short story- if you have to adhere to every rule in every situation, you’d never get any work done. Obscene profits for the company, big bonuses for management- that’s the bottom line.
Pros
Reasonable insurance costs, liberal hours/ time off in slow season
Cons
Unrelenting stops in winter, no concern for drivers