AmeriGas Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Company
Sr. Director of Web and Mobile Technology Center (Current Employee) –  Valley Forge, PAMay 8, 2018
Great company to learn and grow your career. Plenty of room to understand both business topics and also technical capacity. Management is open to all ideas and recommendations.
It was like working with robots!
Pricing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valley Forge, PAMay 3, 2018
People don't speak to each other. Just send emails even if they sit on the other side of the cube from you. Never make eye contact because you may have to talk to someone!
Pros
zip
Cons
lousy communication
The people are wonderful
customer service (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, IN 46902May 2, 2018
A lot of times, depending on your position in the company, you'll feel like corporate sets you up to fail. A lot of times you feel like some of their policies don't really jive with common sense. That said, the benefits are pretty great though health insurance could be better.
Great Coworkers but Poor Management
Service Coordinator/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 2, 2018
Very fast paced work. Must be able to multitask and remember where you left off when interrupted. Work load was more than an 8 hour work day would allow for.
Pros
Good benefits and decent pay
Cons
stressful, poor management, over assigned task.
Was good while it lasted
Customer Sales Retention (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAApril 25, 2018
Made 100 calls a day to sell propane to current customers. Handled problems for customers for sales retention. Enjoyed talking to customers all over the country.
Pros
contact with customers and staff that I worked with.
Cons
Pressure to make more calls and sell more propane.
Forklift
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2018
Delivers bulk propane and installs, removes, and maintains tanks, appliances, and propane systems. Also performs sales and collections including gathering sales leads, site surveys, new customer gas checks, and gas turn-ons, and disconnects.
Keep looking for work while you work at AmeriGas.
Truck Driver Class B (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 20, 2018
Count on a 6am start, and occasional longer days, particularly if you're are on call. During summer there is less work, but look out come fall and winter! Dwindling residential customer base, usually a crushing schedule of mixed residential and industrial customers. Filling many forklift cylinders rapidly can cause long-term repetitive motion injuries. New CSRs in office occasionally cause unnecessary problems for drivers, but most CSRs have been there a while. Dirty work, very long hours, and you may be summarily fired for an un-ticketed driving infraction observed on the camera in the cab of the truck. AmeriGas will run on a reduced work-force for months. The work/life balance is at times really all work: if driving a tanker truck delivery route, much of the time you will be too tired to do much after work but collapse into sleep. I cannot recommend this company as a career for a driver. In the comment section below, there is a prompt to rate the CEO. I could not proceed past this page without putting something in.
Pros
The benefits, 401-K, and salary are decent.
Cons
Overtime. Over work.
Amerigas Life
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2018
My Amerigas experience was a positive one. Great cluster of people and very diverse which is great for a major company. Management was always fair in their decisions.
Pros
great people
Cons
stressful
eh
Propane Technician (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 16, 2018
the company itself is great. district manager is great. ops manager is as useless as they come. got to have good management to run a good crew. no one does anything about it
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Its a place to work but youll be better of flipping burgers
Bulk Driver (Former Employee) –  Kulpsville, PAApril 16, 2018
I would never recommend or work for amerigas again . This place is terrible . You will never succeed at amerigas they set you up to fail. Do not work here it's a horrible place to work . It is so unorganized. Management is all about numbers and doesn't care about safety or employees even though they claim they do
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Its a bad job
safety first
Driver service tec. (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOApril 9, 2018
Good place to work no advancement drive bobtail and service truck on any given day never knew what I was doing day to day.manager was good to work with.
okay place to work
Bulk Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO 80524April 8, 2018
meeting every morning,stretching every morning, Very safety oriented .would have stayed but the pay was not that great. And no hazard pay. Great co workers.
Pros
no one standing over your shoulder
Cons
no hazard pay
Love this job
Bulk Driver (Current Employee) –  Arcata, CAApril 7, 2018
I got very lucky, my job at amerigas is in a small office 1.1 miles from home, there are just 2 drivers, a service guy, & two awesome ladies running the office, and a very laid back and easy to talk to boss.. its a corporate company, but in a sleepy part of northern california, a typical day i get to work at 7:30 do group stretches/safety meeting. load propane into my bobtail, and head out for my route, usually right around 9 am. The guys I work with have been there for years, no yelling, whining, arguments or that throw you under the boss mentality, I go do my route. When I get hungry I stop and eat lunch, if i have a problem I can call any of my coworker's stress free. I usually pull into the yard at about 5pm finish my dailypaperwork and go home, we rotate as drivers being on call so 7 days on every 3 weeks, if a customer needs a leak check or a refill, we almost never get called, but still get 10bucks a day for it, when we do get called out its basically easy overtime$$ ...insurance and benefits (rx, dental, vision , health ,retirement, pet insurance) are really great, the job itself is easy on the body, customers are happy to see me. Like I said i got really lucky, I dont know if id like it as much if I lived in a snowy area,
Pros
Free boots and work clothes, raingear, benefits and pay
Cons
Scary nor cal back roads, rain and wind
good experience
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 6, 2018
built strong c/s skills along with routing and dispatching. enjoyed the people that i worked with and helping the customers. new management turn over often.
Micro Management
Outside Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 4, 2018
Company isn't willing to use your strengths to encourage personal growth. Every minute of your day, will be reviewed and is under constant scrutiny. AmeriGas hired a large percentage of upper management from Cintas. Cintas way of management is excessive spreadsheets and data collection.
Cons
Micro Management
Crr
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Jeffersontown, KYApril 3, 2018
Customer Relations Representative: Answer calls to help trouble shoot accounts, take payments set up new accounts, and collections. I apply payments that come into the office and ones applied by corporate. I work various reports to keep accounts in good standing. I help support my other team members with routing and service as needed.
learned something new in field I was unaware of
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAApril 3, 2018
enjoyed this position but it was only a seasonal position during busy seasons. All regular full time positions were filled by persons with long employment history with Amerigas
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
seasonal position
Terrible management
Dispatch Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 2, 2018
Worked there for 3 years. Learned a lot about the industry but upper management was awful. This job is definitely a stepping stone for bigger and better things.
Cons
Management from Team leads to Director of Logistics and transportation
Zero mistake enviroment
Utility Worker, Production Workers, All Other (Former Employee) –  Littlerock, CAApril 1, 2018
If you're looking for a important customer service orientated career, the propane is for you, Providing a service to customers that is crucial to their everyday way of life. Safety of the customer and yourself is the top priority.
Sales based job hours depend on overall sales
Propane Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Mercer, PAMarch 26, 2018
When i say sales based i mean your hours can be cut if sales are low in your area. You are not a salesman its just overall with a company like this.Good job i just hope the winter months and summer months equal out so working hours stay equal. Low to fair pay only because its dangerous. As my supervisor put it " You are Basically driving a Bomb " Very good equipment and schedule is great compared to most companies who pound you with 65 to 70 hours a week. My only complaint would be just a little more pay and this job would be ideal for most applicants

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AmeriGas. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight