AmeriGas
Happiness rating is 50 out of 100

AmeriGas Employee Reviews in Salt Lake City, UT

Salt Lake City, UT7 reviews

Found 7 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,162 reviews

poor work ethic. Coorporate offices layed off to many older employees. Too much gossip and back stabbing at the Salt Lake City location

Great propane service and pricing. Management is lacking and Customer Service falls short. Delivery is excellent even in Winter

more than enough work, almost laughable how calm they were about the workload.

hard work but fun if you don't let the continuous adding of stops to your rout get you down. as you keep up with requirements they will give pay raises accordingly.

Pros

they always pay on time, and don't say anything about the crazy amount of over time, I keep showing up and delivering the propane and they keep paying me.

Cons

more work than anyone can stand, they took what could be a really fun job and made it a marathon run 6 days a week

AmeriGas insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

A Fair company to work for, would like to say a great company to work for but can.t

They expect a lot out of their employees i think they need to more honest in the way they pay their employees, i don't think they pay them based on experience

Pros

Plenty of work

Cons

Expect a lot out of their employees, but don't want to pay them fairly

very stressful place to work

Get to work at 6:00 am get 16 employees organized for the day, help with any question, route drivers, route service tech, help office with problems, check e mails, reconcile fuel and loads check email, then check payroll, account receivables, payables, talk with customers, check e mails, get ready for another day leave at 6:00pm. I like being kept busy and keeping my mind sharp and talk with customers.

Pros

never time for lunch an didn't get paid overtime

Cons

money was good

Fun and exciting place to work

Amerigas Propane was a great place to work. The company sent me out of town for training at the Corporate office and I learned about the propane business. My job was to help customers order propane for their propane tank at home. I also performed monthly inventory, did Bills of Lading, was responsible for Payroll for our location, ordered office supplies, cleaned the office, did in store cash sales, and helped train new employees.

Pros

good pay and hours

Cons

ended to soon with a layoff

Was able to create my own route. Had all the freedom in the world to perform my job. Was very physical but rewarding work.

mostly enjoyable place to work and had over 5 yeas experience with customers and communication. Liked hours of operation and steady work.

Poor management, non communication, gossip, entering drivers manifest with data entry in SAP. Payroll for over 20 employees, opening store, counting cash and turning everything on to OPEN and answering phones, helping customers with their questions, accounts payable and receiving store product, cleaning and filing, organizing work station, helping fellow employees with new computer program. training in portal, distributing mail and paying bills. learned patience, ignoring loud voices, new program, handling angry customers, ordering inventory without waste, attentive toward management, always on time and ready to work. Management was less than desirable. Hard to communicate, never there to help with complicated tasks. Co-workers were demanding but I learned how to help more than one person at a time. Fun at times. Hardest part of day was having to cover when other employees walked away from work area. To often would I be left alone with a heavy work load. Enjoyable to help customers by putting them on a payment plan so they could continue to receive propane. Helping customers at counter and entering data.

Pros

bonuses

Cons

non-communicative management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AmeriGas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight