Amerigroup Corporation Employee Reviews

Mnagers are open-minded
Investigator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 14, 2017
Meeting new associates and creating team builders to bring together a department was the most fun I have ever had. The diversity that is shown thru each employee helps you understand different cultures, which helps guide you with the communication of different customers.
Pros
open-mined Management, flexible schedules, team building events
Cons
healthcare benefits
Awesome
Community Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 28, 2017
They gave me my 1st opportunity when no one else did. I loved all my peers and Management was great. Kept you busy without any micro-management. I was very pleasant
Pros
Organized
Cons
Productive and good work environment
Customer Care Rep II (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 27, 2017
Great place to work. Good balanced work environment. Great place to learn medical insurance industry. Manaagment is great. The pay could be more competitive.
Many benefits
Anthem CHOICES RN Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 26, 2017
I enjoyed working at Amerigroup. I had a great manager. I worked long hours but was able to arrange my schedule how I wanted. I worked from home but for the most part I was in charge of my daily schedule as long as my job was done my manager gave me the freedom to flex my schedule.
Pros
flexible schedule, not micro managed, work from home, benefits, holidays off
Cons
high expectations, salary position working more than 40 hours consistently
Job Opportunities
Sr. Case Manager/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 17, 2017
when I was employed at Amerigroup there were a lot of internal opportunities. We worked long days, however we knew out members needed services and we worked to ensure they were made available. There was initially a very diverse group of employees and leadership. Once that changed there was a change in the overall culture at the local health plan level
What you learned
Health Program REP (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 15, 2017
There is a lot that I have learned since being with this company. I am starting to see the insurance industry in another light. It is definitely a little clearer about the Medicaid insurance that is offered to members in the community. I would love to learn so much more while I am here.
Coding Auditor (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDNovember 14, 2017
Great place to work with the option to work from home 2-3 days a week. Great location and flexible work hours. Year incentives are given. Quarterly incentives for management positions.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Benefit plan could offer more
productive enviroment
Retention Specialist/Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2017
good place to work, good environment.Equal opportunity for for everyone to advance.A place where team work is essential and encourage, most enjoyable about working for Amerigroup is the satisfaction you fell from helping others...
Nice place to work
Customer Care Representative III (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2017
the manager and co-workers were a pleasant to work with, almost like a second family. i definitely learned a lot and i believe it will last me a long time
Negative
Representative (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 6, 2017
I would prefer not to comment. It was a negative experience. Poor on-boarding, lack of training, horrible management and leadership. Backstabbing, hostile work environment.
Very productive work, nice bonuses when we meet our goals.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 30, 2017
Responds to telephone and writing inquiries of benefits, policies and procedures. Provider contracts , and adjudication of claims.

Overpayment , refund
Pros
Room to advance in the company
Cons
training needed to be improved.
Quick Advancement
Claims Analyst/Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77036October 24, 2017
If you're a fast learner you can go far in this company. They are not very personable, but they do appreciate fast accurate employees. I liked working here I was promoted twice within 2 years.
Great Place to work
Business Information Analyst, Sr. (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 15, 2017
Plenty of opportunity for career growth and promotions. Very stable company. Very fast paced, always changing, teleworker positions are available. Very big on respect of culture, race, inclusion. Great people.Great environment.
Pros
On site cafeterias, gyms (some locations), employee discounts hub, tuition reimbursement with SNHU (free degree), excellent benefits
Cons
Can be very competitive job pool when attempting to advance
Procurement Review
Procurement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 12, 2017
My typical day would consist of processing purchase orders daily, administrative functions, handle office supply orders and process nameplate orders. I also assisted with training employees to create purchase orders and handled receiving.
Great working place
Business Analyst II- Reimbursement Policy (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 28, 2017
This is a great company to work for. The company is changing all the time. You have to be acceptable to change and willing to adjust in order to keep up.
care mangement
Clinical Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 27, 2017
enjoyed working with the Choices program, felt like I made a difference in the lives of those who needed it most. Direct management was fair and supportive, culture was family oriented, good work life balance supported
Great Place to Work
Network Relations Specialist NE Tennessee (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 26, 2017
I love working at Amerigroup. The team is wonderful and each member is caring. Leadership gives us clear direction and allows us to perform our job so that our providers are satisified
Very rewarding place to work
Community Relations and Marketing Liaison (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 26, 2017
Increasing market share by engaging community partners, faith-based organizations, nonprofit organizations to understand and effect positive changes in the challenges of low income, underserved communities.
I sit of several boards, committees and coalitions to create initiatives, programs and events to increase community morale, increase access to service and increase company visibility.
was a fast passed job
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23466September 26, 2017
fast passed job little room for growth various departments and management styles paid reasonably well. 24/7 business located in convenient spot computer skills needed
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Working from Home is a Big Plus!
Nurse Medical Manager II (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LASeptember 26, 2017
I enjoy working from home. A typical day usually requires working more than 8 hours a day. Wouldn't be so bad if I was hourly and eligible for overtime. Poor work life balance.
Pros
Being able to work at home, upper management is top notch
Cons
Software technology