AmeriHealth Caritas Employee Reviews

Estresfull workplace
Provider Network Contract Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 11, 2018
The money and the benefits are good but if you want to actually be happy and feel a sense of any pride in your work run run far away. The department was very good to work for when I first started. The last year or two when management changed it become worse. This place tries to beat you down, dont let them take you down. The management is horrible, and they are sneaks and racist.
Pros
Nothing to say.
Cons
Nothing to say
Productive Enviroment
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 5, 2018
Great place to work all the managers and agents were great. They was a great team and very strong with getting what they need done when it is crunch time.
Horrible management / low morale / treat you like a child
Pharmacy call center (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 4, 2018
Honestly the money and the benefits are good but if you want to actually be happy and feel a sense of any pride in your work run run far away. This place tries to beat you down, dont let them take you down. The management is horrible, and they are sneaks and racist.
Culture wasn't very welcoming & management didn't listen to my concerns regarding the lack of training i received
Utilization Technician (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCNovember 27, 2018
I worked as a contractor for over 6 months...time and time again they would tell me the job offer would be coming soon however they would need to extend my contract but yet hired 2 additional temps.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Poor management and unwelcoming culture
I love this company. The people on the welcome/member outreach team are awesome and very friendly.
Member Outreach Team/Welcome Team (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 16, 2018
This is a non-profit company and I cannot find anything wrong with their vision and intent. They exist to help others. My managers were very nice and helpful. They let you know exactly what is expected of you.
Face paced environment.
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Tinicum Township, PANovember 8, 2018
A typical work day is face paced but relaxed competitive and collaborative with the leaders and managers there to help. I learned to seek help when things are a little tough to understand and be patient when working on a project that involves others to do their part before your able to do yours. The work place culture was great there were many people of many backgrounds, working with them was a joy to get to know them. The hardest part about the job was always making sure you could make your quota on time. The most enjoyable thing about the job was the many incentives that they gave all employees no one was discriminated against.
Pros
Room for advancement.
Cons
Deadlines
Very nice department
Mail room coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 8, 2018
Great place to work , had a wonderful manager , wonderful benefits, great place to work , and it supported my family very well. I was able to explains my mind and my job descriptions
AmeriHealth
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 4, 2018
I was the instructor for new hires in the health claims department. I taught new employees how to sign-in to the system, how to review and code claims, enter them in the system, review and adjudicate. Also showed them how to look for errors, missing information and when a claim needed to be sent to a senior analyst for review. What I learned there was a lot. I started in human resources and over the course of 10 years, I did customer service, claims adjusting, senior analyst and finally the instructor. I learned how to code a diagnosis, CPT coding and pricing, how fee schedules are set up for doctors and hospitals...I learned a lot. The workplace culture was great. We had a fantastic team as each person was thoroughly interviewed and hand picked before hiring. The hardest part of the job was when we had to get ready for Y2K, that was intense. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers, we had a great team.
Pros
Beautiful office, great pay
Cons
really wasn't a cons
Good Place
Provider Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 1, 2018
Good place to start and move up within the company. Many educational opportunities as well. I would recommend my friend and family to work for this company. The job culture is welcoming and open
workplace
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLNovember 1, 2018
Great company and great people. Unfortunately, the company is downsizing and the employees are seeking new positions elsewhere. I am saddened to leave such a great team.

Want to know more about AmeriHealth Caritas?

Ask a question
Case Management
Care Manager II (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 1, 2018
Access to computer system for days assignments. Call member listed for either admission or follow-up with previous calls. Ensure member's are attending all doctor's appts, taking applicable medications, The most enjoyable part of the job is helping member's optimize their health care needs.
Na
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Narberth, PAOctober 26, 2018
This is a great company to work , it allows you to grow and it’s some much room for advancement . It helps you position yourself for bigger things in the company . It’s a nice and friendly environment to work in . Upper management is great
Great position
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  2 International PlazaOctober 24, 2018
I loved the position that I was in with the company, however it was my first time going through a Temp Agency unfortunately the contract ended two months before it was suppose to end. Then as everyone was leaving the manager stated that anyone who stayed until the end of the day was guaranteed a job.
Pros
To help individuals in need, close to home
Cons
Contract could have ended a little better
Amerihealth is a good place to work
Sr. Check Research Specialist (Telecommuter) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 22, 2018
A typical day at work if good. Amerihealth has managers who do not respond to anyone but their supervisors. The supervisors are partial to their friends and opportunities are granted to those they like.

They posts positions only as a formality, they usually already have someone for the position.

The hardest part about working for Amerihealth is the constant changes in policies and procedures. As soon as you get used to one procedure it's changed and you are given little time to catch up with the new changes before penalties begin.
Pros
I loved the open policy when it comes to education and training
Cons
it's really hard to move up in the company unless you know some one
Overall a good company to work for
Utilization Review Nurse/Medical Management (Former Employee) –  Perkins Rowe, Baton Rouge,LAOctober 20, 2018
The company strongly promotes employee wellness, benefits are very good. More telecommute positions would be a big plus. Current telecommute opportunities are few and are driven by the out of state market- not based on the needs of local staff. Working 8+ hours per day in cubicles which provide no privacy or noise reduction makes it difficult to focus on tasks at times.
Pros
Great benefits, Employee wellness
Cons
Noisy cubicles, limited telecommute opportunities
heasy work made stressful by management
Telephonic Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 13, 2018
Nice working with client but poor managers and supervisors. Confusing direction by leadership. The job description is easy and simple, coworkers are OK.
Good Place to work
MS Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 9, 2018
Very stable if you do your job you remain employed. If you have bad attendance don't bother working here you will not last. The pay is good compared to other insurance companies in the area, and the work is steady. The only issue was the scheduling based on business needs you may be working some holidays, or even get a late shift which isn't bad.
Productive and fun workplace
Member and Provider Appeal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, DeOctober 9, 2018
Great place to work for with competitive salary. Excellent management willing to assist you with learning, career advancement, etc. also room for advancement.
Poor Training and Management
Care Connector (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 1, 2018
The company itself is relatively good as far as learning healthcare which takes you everywhere. But that stops with the management and training, you have to fence for yourself and management creates there own rules. Don't bother to challenge and or speak up on favoritism and or indifferences that affects your day to day job function. you will become a target of replacement
Pros
pto, 401 k
Cons
poor management, and training
Good place to work!
Advanced customer service for Medicaid recipients (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19113October 1, 2018
As a work from home agent, the experience was good. They provided adequate training on products. On time evaluations and opportunity to move up after meeting company's standards.
Pros
Immediate supervisors very helpful
Cons
only 30 mins for lunch .Difficult to get time off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AmeriHealth Caritas. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight