AmeriHealth Caritas Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great work place
Provider Data Management Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 14, 2018
Its great.A great place to work and grow. Lots to learn, advancement opportunities,great benefits, Lots of great people, community involvement opportunities also.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Productive and can be fun at times
Manager, Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 12, 2018
The most rewarding part of my job was mentoring and developing other associates. The hardest part of the job as a people manager was addressing disciplinary issues. The culture was a little relaxed, but there were pockets of a stressful workforce. Management was mixed in the area of work focused verses people focused. I love that the organization is community focused.
Pros
Great benefit package
Cons
Inconsistant leadership from one department to another
Quality claims auditor, Philadelphia, PA
Quality Claims Auditor/Lead Medicare Auditor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2018
The worst company i have ever worked for. Management does not work or think proactively. I’m a teleworker in another state so it’s next to impossible communicating with management ie. TL, Supervisor or Manager. The management team are not knowledgeable in all LOB’s we are responsible to audit and are definitely more supportive of the service teams then their own staff. They will throw us under the bus in a heartbeat imstead of back and support us. There is so much confusion and lack of training. This department has turned me off from the entire company and i am praying for the day i get to leave.
Pros
Telecommute opportunities
Cons
Low pay, no advancement, lack of support from management team, no accountability or ownership taken, NO COMMUNICATION...i can go on forever
sucked
Care Connector (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 7, 2018
sucked i hated every second of it! new ceo made it a horrible place to work. all he cares about is money. we stopped caring about the members. and the employees.
good company.
OPERATION ANALYST/IT ADMIN, INDEPENDENCE BLUECROSS (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 2, 2018
Anyone would be glad to have a job at this establishment. Amerihealth and its family of companies are a great company/organization to work for. i was pleased with my time there.
productive
Member and Provider Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 1, 2018
very fast paced enjoyed assisting the members to get plan information, benfits also assisted in website navigation and billing. very warm welcoming environment.
Fun while it lasted
Care Connector (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 28, 2018
Pretty good place to work. Had a few not so great supervisor, but they were pretty much fair with evaluations. Management could use some training. The bad thing is probably HR and how close they are with some management. One false move and you're gone.
Some of the goals set are impossible to reach, but if you work hard, you'll get close. Also, they prefer quantity over quality when it comes to phone calls. The company really took a turn for the worse when the former CEO left.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Bad HR/Management
Very Intimidating
Examiner/Analyst (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 26, 2018
Typical day would be in your seat all 8 hours, minimum to no communication with co- workers, very fast pace, employees are not viewed as an asset, VERY HIGH TURNOVER most employees will not make a 6- months to a year of service based on quality standards doesn't not mesh with current industry. Management has no time to help develop employees due to having to crunch numbers all day. No room for advancement.
Pros
Insurance Options (ok)
Cons
Be prepared to have to incorporate restroom breaks in your lunch only, anything outside of that will be viewed as excessive.
Over good place
Utilization Management Technician (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 24, 2018
Good place to work. Great benefits. Management isn't always as friendly with staff, but staff helps each other out. Nice place to have to be for 8 hrs. Stressful, but relaxed enough that when you go home you can forget about work.
Amerihealth Caritas
Director (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2018
Great work life balance and benefits. the compensation and ancillary benefits are top notch. There is an interesting workplace culture that is evolving

Want to know more about AmeriHealth Caritas?

Ask a question
Bad company to work for
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 14, 2018
I would not recommend anyone to work for this company management is horrible, some of the team leads and supervisors keep up a lot of foolishness. I would not recommend this company to the dead.
Disorganized
Member Provider Services (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 13, 2018
Even though I was told there would be opportunities for advancement they were limited, the company is disorganized and information was inconsistent . The employees could not rely on some of the information given in training
Pros
People
Cons
Disorganized and inconsistent
Provider Services
Provider Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 11, 2018
The company was not equally organized, creating a lot of stress in member and provider services areas. It seemed that the only value was making the quota's and not keeping up with employees well being. Was a stressful environment not only for leadership on the floor but the subordinates as well.
great place
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 3, 2018
great place to work. they love the associates here. always willing to get your opinion on things.
Amerihealth Caritas
MS/PS Agent (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 3, 2018
When I first started with the company, I saw it as a long term career move. However, since that time(almost 2 years ago) I have seen the several inconsistencies that have never been fully addressed, even when address with a manager. Those issues range from the inconsistence information provided in the training class versus the process and guidelines were must adhere to, to the lack of professionalism amongst the associates. I just can't see a future with a company that I don't feel values me as an employee or has my best interest at heart.
Pros
Paid volunteer opportunity
Cons
Short lunch, unprofessional work environment, poor training, and stressfull
Enjoyable work environmnt
Senior Business Analyst/ & Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 28, 2018
They let me go forward and gather the information from the business so I could then write the project plan and the functional requirements. Whenever I had questions, I could count on the person I needed to speak with, providing me with the details I needed so I could move the project along.
Corporate Clinical Auditor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 28, 2018
I am able to work remotely and autonomously. I am given an assignment and am expected to complete it with little or no input from management. I really love the freedom.
Great benefits
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2018
The credentialing department is very fast paced and not a lot of moral, however management is fair and helpful. I enjoy this company and would like to further explore this type of career.
Excellent Benefit Package
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 27, 2018
AmeriHealth Caritas Family of Companies offers an excellent benefit package. The company is very supportive of their associates during times of natural disasters.
Pros
professional assistance with the 401K program
Cons
Minimal support given to Managers and Supervisors
My experience wasn't the best.
Sr. Business Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2018
My experience wasn't the best. There was a large disconnect between the Consulting firm I was placed by and Management. Management set high expectations but did not provide the support needed to meet them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AmeriHealth Caritas. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight