AmeriHealth Caritas Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
MS Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 9, 2018
Very stable if you do your job you remain employed. If you have bad attendance don't bother working here you will not last. The pay is good compared to other insurance companies in the area, and the work is steady. The only issue was the scheduling based on business needs you may be working some holidays, or even get a late shift which isn't bad.
Productive and fun workplace
Member and Provider Appeal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, DeOctober 9, 2018
Great place to work for with competitive salary. Excellent management willing to assist you with learning, career advancement, etc. also room for advancement.
Poor Training and Management
Care Connector (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 1, 2018
The company itself is relatively good as far as learning healthcare which takes you everywhere. But that stops with the management and training, you have to fence for yourself and management creates there own rules. Don't bother to challenge and or speak up on favoritism and or indifferences that affects your day to day job function. you will become a target of replacement
Pros
pto, 401 k
Cons
poor management, and training
Good place to work!
Advanced customer service for Medicaid recipients (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19113October 1, 2018
As a work from home agent, the experience was good. They provided adequate training on products. On time evaluations and opportunity to move up after meeting company's standards.
Pros
Immediate supervisors very helpful
Cons
only 30 mins for lunch .Difficult to get time off
Ability to help the organization grow
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 26, 2018
The ability to support the organization through times of tremendous growth and change is exciting! Our focus is on helping our members get the care they need, and build healthy communities. It's a great company, with a desire to do what's right for the community.
Nice place to work
Invalid Provider Queue Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2018
i love my company and the work i do. There is flex time, paid time off, make-up time, the ability to work from home, understanding management team. Better opportunite avaible to move up
Pros
flex time, work from home, good pay
Cons
quick pace, self leaner, self starter
Great place to work at
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJSeptember 18, 2018
I have been working at AmeriHealth for 8 years . If I leave its only because I want to grown with the company and since Half our company was bought out by Amtrust. As a single mom I need stability.
Pros
love working with my co workers
Cons
feeling appricated
no review given
Member/Provider Service Operations (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 18, 2018
do not want to give any review because of my opinion may not be the same and anyone else. my typical say at work , what I learned, management and workplace culture may and will not be the same outcome I would not want to view thing with an view that is not there own
Department Moral
QUALITY CLAIM AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 17, 2018
The department was very good to work for when I first started. The last year or two when management changed it become worse. Turnaround rate very high.
Trash
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  JacksonvilleSeptember 15, 2018
The fashion they fire employees in is GROSSLY DISGUSTING. Easy Defamation of Character lawsuit coming my way. Managers who get a kick out of firing people how I was done need to realize they can be done the same way by the same company. Smh snakes in the grass.
Benefits
Cons
Management, not giving a care about employees health issues
Good Pay, Advancement Is Tricky
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 12, 2018
They offer good pay for the work, but advancement is entirely political and they often hire from the outside without considering the employees that have proven themselves capable. Supervisor jobs are glorified baby sitter positions where they have little understanding of the actual job responsibilities and are forced to push performance metrics which are often misunderstood.
Okay for Trainers
Senior Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 11, 2018
I enjoy my career in training. The company is based in Philly, and I'd like to see more local opportunities. I have been with the company for five years, and am looking at other opportunities.
Solid Goals for department
HP Tools Administrator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 8, 2018
Clear goals for the improvement of of the testing department work force. Receptive to change in a phased approach. Project manages worked with me to develop a better working environment.
Pros
Work from ahome
Lack of resources
CREDENTIALING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 6, 2018
Management is great but there is no work life balance at no fault to them. There is an extreme lack of resources that prevents you from accomplishing your job requirements.
AmeriHealth - review
Financial Staff Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 5, 2018
This is a difficult company to work for, I have a disability and while they wanted to accommodate they did not. I learned a lot about Hyperion HFM. The hardest part of the job was the lack of knowledge the team had & if they knew they didn't pass along the information
Pros
Flexible work environment
Cons
Unable to accommodate my disability
High Stress and unorganized
Care Connector/ Rapid Response (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 29, 2018
Working for AmeriHealth Caritas as an entry level associate was very challenging. The job itself wasn't difficult, yet management found ways to make the job very difficult to excel in all areas of your job function. The work load increases but the amount of employees don't. Work life balance is non existent.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
no work life balance, high stress environment, no room for growth in care connector position
Community Outreach Represntative
Community Outreach Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 24, 2018
A work day for in AmeriHealth was good. The staff was great to work with and it was a lot of team work. I've learned to have patience because working in the medical field you can not please every member. Management was fair. I enjoyed working with different cultures and there was no hard part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is pleasing the member when providing my assistance to help meet their needs.
Pros
Must meet Productivty
Cons
Must be in a special click with supervisors
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 16, 2018
Staff were great to work with but the management need improvement with Directors micromanagement and spitefulness. Directors based everything on if they liked you or not your job performance.
Pros
Good Pay and Benifits
Cons
Directors had favorites regardless of work completed by staff
great work place
Provider Data Management Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 14, 2018
Its great.A great place to work and grow. Lots to learn, advancement opportunities,great benefits, Lots of great people, community involvement opportunities also.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Productive and can be fun at times
Manager, Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 12, 2018
The most rewarding part of my job was mentoring and developing other associates. The hardest part of the job as a people manager was addressing disciplinary issues. The culture was a little relaxed, but there were pockets of a stressful workforce. Management was mixed in the area of work focused verses people focused. I love that the organization is community focused.
Pros
Great benefit package
Cons
Inconsistant leadership from one department to another

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AmeriHealth Caritas. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight