AmeriHealth Caritas Employee Reviews

Pleasantly surprised !
Grievance and Appeals Lead (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLMay 18, 2018
Good Pay. Company is mindful of employees. Ability to move to other departments. Friendly and professional co-workers. Nice work atmosphere. Work from home opportunities.
Pros
good pay
Cons
contract based work
not a great place to work
Enrollment Specialist- Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 18, 2018
Amerihealth Caritas is not a good place to work, They do not care about their employees. A majority of their departments are disorganized and unprofessional. There is almost always an ambulace coming to give emergeny care to its employees because the employees are often stressed out or getting sick.
Pros
Nothing is free
Cons
constantly being watched or clocked for everything you do
Review
Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMay 16, 2018
The corporate company AmeriHealth Caritas overall is not a bad company. The benefits and salary were pretty good. The company overall could do better with getting to know there employees and making them truly feel valued
Benefits
Cons
Don't notice valued workers
If you like Micro management...
Senior Claims Examiner / Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 16, 2018
I didn't care for the fact that work performance being rated based on a micro management system that was never explained to employees created a negative work culture.
Pros
great job opportunities outside of operations
Cons
the way job performance created a negative workplace culture
Nice place to work
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 9, 2018
AmeriHealth caritas is a good place to work, however, advancement is hard to come by even with skills and multiple job openings in house. Pay is fair but could be more.
Pros
Work from home
Great Place to work!!
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19113May 9, 2018
A few bad apples in management, but overall a great company to work for. Great company culture and inclusive work environment. Friendly coworkers and plenty room for advancement.
Pros
Benefits, Culture, Room for Growth
Cons
Limited Remote Work Opportunities
Worst Job I have ever held
RN Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  DelawareMay 6, 2018
Micromanaging out of touch management. Impossible goals and point system. All calls recorded, all visits tracked, all charts gone over with a microscope, constantly pointing out what you are doing wrong with 15 plus hour days due to unrealistic case loads. Must find a co-worker to cover for you or you can not take PTO. Are given timed assignments on days when you are in meetings just as though you were working all day causing you to continually be working two days or more behind. Over two hour travel time at times and they do not pay you to first visit and from last visit.
Pros
partially work at home - though monitored electronically at all times
Cons
Long work hours, micro-management, non-supportive management or do not treat you as a professional
typical day start with claims that were not completed the prev day
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 5, 2018
process medical and hospital claims from numerous queues which entailed detailed research but limited amount of time to process the claim knowing you have a quota to make. Management had different styles .Some good and some not so good .Best part of the job was the flex time .Being able to start at 6:30 am and leave at 3:00 pm.
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
Not enough time to process complicated claims
Its not Bad
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2018
Amerihealth Caritas is an ok company. I honestly believe that it is a good company to grow with. The location is sort of inconvenient for me but that is the only thing that I can seriously say would make me leave
No work life balance
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMay 2, 2018
I've been here for 2 years, training was about 3-4weeks with different trainers (total mess). You have to use/apply FLMA if you need time off , they do not accept doctor's notes. They use a occurrence system so if your out be prepared to be written up. The only thing I can honestly say is good is the benefits (Health insurance, dental, and vision). I do not think I will EVER WORK FOR A CALL CENTER AGAIN.
Pros
Benefits and PTO
Cons
No work life balance, You feel like just a number
Good Place to work!
Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 1, 2018
Good place to work with great pay and benefits. Encourages and supports volunteering in the community. Always working to help people live well, get care and build healthy communities.
good
Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 28, 2018
It was one of my best experienced in interning so far because they literally love and appreciate every work I did for them . my co-workers, my supervisor, and my boss were the nice-test people I ever met.
Pros
great company
Cons
A lot of work needed to be done in a short amount of time
I cant post here
Identity Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 24, 2018
I cant post here. They will know who posted based on company and job title. I do not want to put my current job in jeopardy while searching for a new job.
Pros
I cant post here
Cons
I cant post here
Summary
Provider Network Account Executive II (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 19, 2018
Typical day is assisting providers with claim issues, credentialing, training provider office staff, emails, phone calls, special projects, continued training, etc.
Most enjoyable is working with the great staff in my department. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the demands of emails, special projects and still meeting requirements out in the field.
n/a
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 18, 2018
Amerihealth is a nice company with great benefits. Currently the management team needs some work. If the leadership is fixed Amerihealth would be a great place to work.
Way too stressful and negative
Pharmacy Technician Call Center (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 17, 2018
Tip: if you accept a position here, expect to get a daily inbox full of every error you made big or small

The initial training seemed to be very in depth, however once you are begin taking live calls it becomes apparent how much they failed to train you on. Much of the information skipped over in training would have prevented a lot of common new hire errors.
Pros
Staff is friendly, ceo takes employee feedback seriously, most technicians are happy to answer questions for new employees
Cons
Short breaks, constant technical issues, management is not as involved as they say they are, high stress, pay isn’t great
A walk in my shoes at Amerihealth Caritas
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 17, 2018
In the first few years of working with this company I felt as though it was amazing especially being a single mother trying to make it on my own in the world. However my last two years were not what I expected from a company of that caliber at all. I noticed many things I did not like as far as upper management and their professionalism. I also I don't believe this company allows you enough grieving time when you go through devastating situations in your personal life. Throughout my time there I met a lot of wonderful people that helped me and taught me a lot of things. If I could give one suggestion to that company it would be to uplift every department and work hard to improve the flaws instead of being comfortable with the turnover rate of hiring employees.
Terrible Management
Community Health Navigator (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 15, 2018
Job has great pay, great benefits, and great co workers. Sounds too good to be true? It is! Management is terrible and have absolutely no idea whats going on. Will frequently receives emails from management to complete certain assignments days if not hours before they are due causing employees to work extra hours. Management also has unrealistic expectations for employee assignments that need to get completed, even at one point demanding navigators completed 80 visits a week on top on phone calls! Management never works with employees to understand daily work life and just dump assignments on you like you are a machine. Staff is completely different than when I started 2 years ago. Everyone is always looking for another job but the only thing keeping people here are the pay and the benefits.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Unbelievably poor management.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2018
Much room for advancement
Strong work/life balance
Plenty of opportunities to volunteer and work with the community
Onsite/online training classes to increase skills, value and emotional intelligence
Stressful, miserable and draining
Provider Claims Service Unit (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2018
Very stressful, over the top micromanaging, poor training, not a work friendly place if you are not in one of their clicks. The hardest part about the job is working with your co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AmeriHealth Caritas. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight