Amerihome Mortgage Employee Reviews

A great place to work. Growing company with great people.
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 27, 2018
I enjoyed my time at AmeriHome. I recommend this company to anyone interested in working in the mortgage finance industry. The company has cultivated a great culture and seems to prefer to promote from within. Already the 4th largest correspondent mortgage lender in the US. This list includes large banks, and AmeriHome is not a bank.
Pros
Free coffee, fruit, and occasional lunches, good management, nice emlpoyees, great culture.
Cons
Heavily regulated industry, which leads to tight internal restrictions.
Worst Company Ever!
Loan Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 1, 2018
This company should really be ashamed of the fact that they fired me due to someone else’s disliking of me and provided me no valid reason for letting me go but that’s okay. I’ve spoken to numerous people who have all said the same thing about this place. Don’t go work for these two faced people. Not worth the pay and they act nice to your face and tell you what an amazing company they have yet hire people with no high school diplomas and give them high positions.
Pros
Cons
This company has no respect for people.
AmeriHome
Loan Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 17, 2018
I loved woking for this company. All the managment people are very understand. Your treated like family. Competive pay. I do recommend this employer to and one that works in this field.
Omg
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 14, 2018
Terrible company and customer service. They never take care of their customers and always giving people the run around trying to scam them and put them in foreclosure.
Productive busy work place
Mortgage Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 20, 2018
A typical day at AmeriHome Mortgage as a mortgage coordinator was to get into the office and review any e-mails received from a processor, and/or appraisal company. If there was any appraisal e-mails you would review the e-mail and update any new appraisals received into Encompass. Followed by sending out the appraisal in e-mail to all management, the loan officer on the file, along with the processor.
After completing these e-mails you would review all of your processors loans and request any evidence of insurance that was needed, or request any employment verification for any loans that would be going out for signing.
Towards the end of my work day I would work on any new files that needed to be pushed to open for our processors. Reviewing any documents received from the borrower, and putting them into the correct e-folder. Requesting any tax transcripts that were needed, ordering title, ordering the appraisal.
The most enjoyable part of this job was that I was always busy, and always had something to do and/or help my fellow coworkers with if they needed it. We all got along great, and always handed out a helping hand if and when it was needed.
Pros
Awards, clean work environment, friendly staff
Company lacks experience/fairness
Mortgage Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 19, 2018
I'd never recommend this company to anyone looking for advancement or good culture fit in their career. The management team in California and new site in Dallas is very inexperienced and treats their employees unfairly. Culture is very biased and management picks favorites and doesn't seek to develop their personnel, so there's extremely high turn-over each week, if not each day. Please look elsewhere, if you're looking for a great career with a nice company, that's actually dedicated to their people.

Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Bad cultrure, poor management, no development for staff
Great company
LOAN OFFICER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 17, 2018
This was a great place to work at I would defiantly recommend this company to all that wants to work in mortgage. The environment is great and the benefits are nice as well.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Amerihome very unorganized No job security perfers Quanity over Quality. Management is bias they have they picks cheats on ILQA and manaagement knows.
Loan Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2018
This company will hirer Contractors keep them for a year and then hirer new permant employee and let contractors go that knows the process.. Management hirer their friends and let go who they dislike. Training is horrible they do not give you enough time to learn the process The Amerihome way. The CA location is safer to keep a job then the Tx location. Morale is horrible it starts at the top Management is below standards don't care about employees no place to work if you have a family.
Benefits
Cons
Need better hiring process better pay for LRA position
No work life balance
Loan Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 11, 2018
60% mandatory OT including Saturdays. No respect for employees. The used fear tactics to control employees performance and use any excuse to take away your annual bonus
Benefits
Cons
Fear tactics to about ur job
Senior Vice President, Head of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 21, 2018
Strong executive team, veterans in the mortgage industry, with a clear vision and strategy in mind and being fully transparent with the employees. It's amazing how fast this company has grown in the past 3 years and the future looks really bright. Collaborative work environment where people are supportive of each other and work together to solve problems and to look for solutions to grow the business. Good …
productive
Business Intelligence Engineer (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMarch 5, 2018
Poor compensation poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 21, 2018
The management is poor. They say one thing and do another. I worked there over a year and was promised certain compensation and a promotion and new management came in the csr dept. And neither was fullfilled. I quit and went to a better company that actually honors their word and integrity.
Benefits
Cons
Poor Pay, hypocrites, poor management
nice
LOAN REVIEW ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 24, 2018
nice place to work very nice co-workers really appreciate them training me. I would have love to stay and get more training to get a better understanding.
Pros
close to home
Cons
layoffs
No place to grow
Loan Review Analyst/Funder (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 23, 2018
If you like to work mandatory OT on weekdays and weekends with little to no time to enjoy with family, to be lied to and treated as if you do not matter, well this is the job for you. I would not recommend it to anyone that I know.
Pros
free lunches, gym access, covered parking
Cons
So fast-paced you hardly have time for breaks, low wages but you have mandatory OT all the time, poor management, Dallas office is unequal to CA office, Job culture is posted but no one practices it. You cannot trust anyone to do as they say.
Toxic and Cutthroat
Employee (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Worst environment. Toxic, cutthroat and ruthless. Management lacks experience in every way possible. Hard work is not rewarded or appreciated. A truly horrible place to work.
Productive and collaborative
Business Data and Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Encino, CADecember 9, 2017
- Great team that I am currently working in
- Great company and team culture
- Great vision from the senior exec
- Good growing opportunities and place to work in if you want to be in Finance industry
No Money Honey
Loan Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CANovember 8, 2017
You come into work an tell jokes and occasionally do some work. People stroll in whenever they want and go straight to the break room to make coffee and then catch up what they did for the weekend.
Pros
Most people are fairly young
Cons
too much butt kissin.
This is a great attempt at success with a total disconnect of reality of the work place.
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 31, 2017
I was always taught to say nothing if it is negative. I can only say Upper Management needs to get in touch and get real Management in place. There is a lot of wolves in sheep clothing in present management that reveal their true self when Upper Management is absent.
Pros
free food
Cons
Need new managers
Amerihome
Post Closing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 22, 2017
Good place to work. The people are really nice. The work is production driven. They people there really make you feel welcome.
Post Closing : Review loan documentation. Ensure loan packages are
complete. Input all the data entry for the borrower. Request all missing
docs and run compliance to make sure that the property passes all the
state laws. Make sure I all my 17 or mores are completed. Funded the
loan.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Free Bananas....Poor Management...Countrywide Business Model!
Loan Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAOctober 12, 2017
Old system, New system, expectations of the same high numbers/audit reviews, lacking the training time in new system to produce quality audits.
Full Time Employees all cheat using shortcuts to meet required goals, but New Hires are Not trained to cheat, and look like fools...Eventually let go!
Pros
Bananas...
Cons
Bananas...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amerihome Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.