AmeriLife Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Horrible company
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLJuly 10, 2018
Horrible company to work for. Right around $300 out of pocket to get licensed and then they want you to pay $150 more for additional licenses to sell Medicare supplements. I left because I was using up my savings just to survive after door knocking over 75 houses. Then I quit and they don’t terminate me as an employee until two months later and send me a bill saying I have an outstanding bond balance of $246 for desk/ technology monthly fee of $50 and commissions they paid out on the 3 policies I sold for them. Very unprofessional. Especially knowing how much money insurance brings in.
Pros
Cons
Pay, benefits, personal life
Licensing specialist, treated worse than DIRT!
Licensing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 6, 2018
I worked for over two years in Licensing at the Home Office. Everyone feared being fired daily - justifiably so, as people came and went weekly. Manager gives preferential treatment to a select few ( including her daughter-in-law) and bullies and terrorizes everyone else. Steer FAR away. You don’t need the abuse and negativity.
Pros
Some nice coworkers, no weekend hours
Cons
Constant beratement by manager, snitching by her lackeys
Relaxed environment, low pay, bad benefits
Customer Care/Provider Services (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 30, 2018
Good company to work for, just low pay and below average benefits. Management is great. Call center environment. Must ask permission before going to the bathroom.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Low pay
Disappointed in Company
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 11, 2018
Not many opportunities for advancement UNLESS you know someone. Very political office and not great treatment of employees overall. Would rather overpay executives than fairly pay all other employees. Management overall was not bad, but many undervalue employees and don't always give them the tools to succeed. Was with company for almost 2 years and got laid off due to budget cuts in department. Was not offered a transfer of departments, was just thrown out like trash. Leaves a bad feeling in the mouth.
Pros
Friendly coworkers overall
Cons
management, layoffs, and underpaying employees
Good Product selection but terrible system requirements
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 9, 2018
System requirements held you back from having a lucrative job. Expected working 6 days a week -- which would have been nice if the total management and requirements for compensation were not tilted in management / company favor.
Pros
good products
Cons
as stated above
They are a ripoff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FLMarch 3, 2018
When they were suppose to pay me, they fired me! I wasted 8 months, barely made money, used my savings, ran up credit card debt, and most of all quality time with family!!!
Pros
Their aren’t any!
Cons
Too many other places you can work!
Difficult too get into
Door to door sales (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 27, 2018
I enjoyed the job and the people i worked with, however the training was brief and the products were often difficult to sell. If you want to try this job make sure you have enough money to sustain yourself for at least 3 to 4 months.
Pros
Good money if you can find it
Cons
Difficult to sell and constant travel
Great office administrator
I utilized consultative sales techniques (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 13, 2018
Inexperienced management. Great salespeople but mediocre management. The earning potential is grossly exaggerated, In reality due to a lack of sales opportunities the office is a revolving door.
Pros
Clean office-some agents are experienced. Great new agent training.
Cons
Agents are given leads-5-6 months old. Favorite agents and managers acquire the top tier leads.
Great place to work!
Receptionist/Customer care rep (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 22, 2018
Amerilife has given me many new experiences and skill sets. It is a great company to work for and i would recommend anyone looking for a new experience to work here.
Pros
Paid time off. Great people. Good atmosphere.
Does not value people
DIRECTOR - OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 9, 2018
One of the worst organization that I ever came across. They do NOT value their employees. It's unfortunate, because they have some of the most hard working individuals working for them. low salary, hard to get a hourly employees fifty cents raises. Health benefit was extremely expensive when I was there.
Pros
low pay = job security
Cons
high turnover, expensive benefits, low pay
Ok place to work but no room for growth
Licensing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 4, 2018
High expectations yet pay doesn't match the responsibilities you take on. No room for advancement or growth. You have to wait an entire year for a lousy percentage increase in pay.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
The pay does not match your responsibilities and no room for growth.
Low Character Culture
Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 22, 2017
Home Office personal are awesome, Career Agency should be shut down by the DOI. Unqualified agents replacing funds into annuities.
Extra fees and Non-compete will cost you your future.
Only time managers train is when you have uncovered a sale that they can take commissions from.
Don't listen to the posts that say only lazy people write bad reviews
it's just the managers trying to move negative posts to the back of the page
Pros
was once a great place to grow and earn a living
Cons
Management is awful and have no moral compass
Excellent Place to Work
Independent Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Venice, FlSeptember 15, 2017
You must be organized and a self starter. Very competitive and high incentives to keep you motivated. The sky is the limit to the amount of money one can make with this company.
Don't expect much
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 10, 2017
No room for advancement or guidance to further yourself - some management ethics questionable - almost like working in a high school environment with drama at every turn - expectations to work while others play
Self-driven atmosphere, commission sales.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMay 24, 2017
It's a wonderful company, and there's a large network to support your endeavors. They train you well, and the results show your effort in the position.
Amerilife
Licensing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 8, 2017
It's an ok place. Some times mistakes will come back and haunt you. They don't always treat the employees well. There's very few ways to move up in the company.
Good place to work.
INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 13, 2017
My experience with this company was that it offered the potential for success for persons with salesmanship qualities, and the salesmanship classes were appreciated.
Pros
High income potential
Cons
1st year learning curve
Every is very nice and helpful. Great work environment
Administrative Service (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Loved working here and the people I worked with. Lots of room for quick advancement in the company. Supervisors and management were always extremely nice and helpful.
Bad environment
More than one (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 16, 2016
Constantly scrutinized, rude and judgemental employees that gossip, constant fear of being let go- no matter how well you did. People had to ask to go to the bathroom, there was no where to go to break, or get away- but your car. Five people were fired in the short time I was there. Not a good place.
Pros
Can't think of anything off the top of my head.
Cons
Too many.
Productive and Excellent Company to work for.
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Sebring, FLSeptember 12, 2016
Usually we always strart with morning meetings, network for a few and head out to our appoinments for the day! Everyone is awesome and always laughing almost like we're all family.
Pros
You make your own hours and are your own boss essentially
Cons
No benifits and no designated break room area.