Amerimark Direct Employee Reviews

Avoid this place
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHDecember 5, 2018
I have never worked at place like this ever. Human Resources makes everything so nice like this is a wonderful place to work, Complete opposite. First I had to train on first shift for two weeks why I don’t know my training last 30 minutes it might not even been that long. Training is basically figuring things out on your own. Moved to my regular shift 3rd shift supervisors absolutely know nothing. Also HR tells you your off on holidays oh no!! 3rd shift got to celebrate thanksgiving the day before and had to work on thanksgiving regular pay. The same will be for Christmas and New Year’s Day. Which they didn’t say in orientation. I would have never accepted the position. Oh and also all the supervisors are rude and don’t know how to talk to employees. And they never explained how to keep your picking and packing numbers in the positive. But would come around and tell you your numbers are negative but never say what you can do to get your numbers up. Oh and they don’t care about safety or employees just how to get they product out fast. And when u do use a vacation day your pay going down like 3rd shift makes 9.75 hr when you use a vacation day your pay goes to 9.00 hr. I have never heard this before and I worked in a factory for 10 years before being laid off. This place is a joke avoid this company!!!!
Pros
Listen to you headphones while working
Cons
No heat, supervisors, pay
Terrible terrible place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Berea OhioOctober 30, 2018
The human reasource area makes the job seem excellent
Once you get in and start working you find out the real deal
Summer time the heat is unbearable
The mail scanning position is a lot of work your basically lifting heavy boxes up to 50lbs everyday
Most of the managers and team leaders will stand around and just watch you work
Dusty and dirty environment
Basically the ppl higher up and that has been there for years have a higher advantage
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
The whole job sucks
Do not work here unless you desprite
Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHOctober 16, 2018
This job is for a high school student.....or a single person just starting out. It's not for a person with a family or a single parent. There are some people there that takes there job to seriously.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Bad pay....some of the upper management let there postion get to there head
Great Place To Work!
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHSeptember 19, 2018
I loved my time at AmeriMark. Although it was short, everyone I met was so friendly and helpful. The other ladies in my department were so hardworking and treated me as one of their own from the start.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Temporary Position
I loved it
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHAugust 25, 2018
I’d work at a warehouse again I like stuff like that more hand to hand honestly if I could do another job just like it I would it was really good but did get tiring at times
Pros
We get paid good money we can do overtime and get paid time off
Cons
Being timed
High pressure Call Center
Inbound Order Agent (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJuly 23, 2018
Started at 9:am. Call volume on average would be 50 to 70 calls per day. My customers I enjoyed the most. Talk time was the hardest
part of my job, had to avg 6 min 45 sec or we would lose comm. We were able to dress down, jeans etc. The people I worked with I enjoyed very much. Although it was a very structured environment, lots of rules, I enjoyed my two 15 minute breaks daily walking/running around the parking lot. It is difficult to sit for long periods, exercise to me is essential. At times we were able to eat at our desk as we only had 2 15 minute breaks or a half hr lunch.
Great company
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJune 28, 2018
Friendly,helpful and encouraging staff. I enjoyed my time there. Some customer issues one cannot prepare for but management assisted the reps in solving customer issues up to refunding the purchase price.
Pros
High job morale
low pay, no advancement
Warehouse Receiving Representative (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHJune 25, 2018
It is a fast paced low wage occupation with very little chance of advancement. Associate treatment from management is average to poor. The only pro to the job is the benefits and paid time off
Don't work here
FUll Time (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 26, 2018
One you are under paid. Secondly when you work overtime, don't expect to get paid for it. Third don't expect to be trained, and if anything goes wrong you'll be to blamed. I was treated extremely bad there, I'm sure under a different team it can be a completely different experience. But I recommend taking another job offer if you have the choice.
Pros
Career experience
Cons
everything else
Stay away!
Mail Sorter/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHMay 17, 2018
Just say NO to this place. Management was the absolute worse. The top brass bullied the employees. Unsafe working conditions. Absolutely no of making this a career. Every six months they clean of employees who are good workers.
Steer clear
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHMay 13, 2018
This was my first job ever and by far the worst ever. The job in itself was very easy, just pick orders from boxes. But when you say the wrong thing or tick off the owner than look out. Somehow someway they will find a way to harass you on the job by controlling their peasant workers and making them mess with you until you quit or become just as mentally ill as the rest of them. I had a group of people at this place stalk me outside of my workplace here, are they a gang? a cult? I dont know. All I know is that they are demons, stay away if you value your life my friends.
Pros
low income tax, easy job
Cons
everything else
not a lot of growth within the company
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHMay 2, 2018
Amerimark was a job I did to pay the bills and get by but I would not recommend to anyone I associate myself with . Felt no moral to get sales quota . Not enough recognition .
Much too focused on numbers, getting the customer off the line.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHApril 20, 2018
I worked 6 days a week and somehow I was never paid overtime. You received 36 hours of time that you could use for sick days, being tardy, etc for the year. If you had any hours at the end of the year, you lost them. they did not carry over.
Pros
Job was easy.
Cons
Not enough training before you were expected to do certain tasks
Some employees are very helpful.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHMarch 1, 2018
I have worked up at amerimart through a temp agency. And enjoyed what I was doing..But the supervisor are nothing more than a joke and back stabber.
Pros
No free stuff
Worst company to work for
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHFebruary 11, 2018
Management is terrible, it's a zoo. No leadership and people do what they want, you get treated like garbage pretty much every day. It's going to outsource soon anyways so get out while you can, also you're allowed to be on any drug you want here, employees nod out at their desks and management is cool with it, don't do it!
Pros
Leaving
Cons
They're the cons
The Worst Place
Call Center (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHFebruary 9, 2018
This is the worst work environment that you'll ever experience. It could be a social experiment. The management was the worst and manipulative. They played games with all of the call center staff. They have everyone multi task jobs and pay you next to nothing. The building is disgusting and the cubicles are an embarrassment. This is hands down the worst place to work and no one should ever subject themselves to this kind of harassment.
Pros
Vacation days
Good starter job, not for long term career.
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHFebruary 1, 2018
I learned to drive a lift truck/cherry picker here and the basics of warehousing. It was a good job to gain experience. Pay was bad ,and management was horrible, health and other benefits were good, HR department is a joke and will throw you under the bus. Stay away if you want to be happy in life.
They Eat Souls
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJanuary 30, 2018
It was like being in the place you go when you die without the fire. Always threats from management. Most people have to work there so they can get their government checks.
Pros
A Paycheck
Cons
everything else
Stressful, high paced work environment
Buying Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middleburg, OHJanuary 27, 2018
Typically on an average day there is more than enough work to be done, however you can be pulled in many different directions.The management makes continuous changes without providing the appropriate communication.
same thing every day nothing different
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 25, 2018
It was a good job to start out in the warehouse industry, but the pay wasn't too good and sometimes they weren't very busy so you would be sent home early

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amerimark Direct. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6