Amerimark Direct Employee Reviews

low pay, no advancement
Warehouse Receiving Representative (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHJune 25, 2018
It is a fast paced low wage occupation with very little chance of advancement. Associate treatment from management is average to poor. The only pro to the job is the benefits and paid time off
Good starter job, not for long term career.
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHFebruary 1, 2018
I learned to drive a lift truck/cherry picker here and the basics of warehousing. It was a good job to gain experience. Pay was bad ,and management was horrible, health and other benefits were good, HR department is a joke and will throw you under the bus. Stay away if you want to be happy in life.
Workplace
Professional (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 8, 2018
Relaxed environment. Lots of work to get done. Management seems to want to improve the workplace. Company is growing the business and has made many good changes the last couple years.
Pros
Flexible, good health benefits, friendly, vacation time
Cons
Warehouse can get hot and cold depending on weather
Terrible terrible place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Berea OhioOctober 30, 2018
The human reasource area makes the job seem excellent
Once you get in and start working you find out the real deal
Summer time the heat is unbearable
The mail scanning position is a lot of work your basically lifting heavy boxes up to 50lbs everyday
Most of the managers and team leaders will stand around and just watch you work
Dusty and dirty environment
Basically the ppl higher up and that has been there for years have a higher advantage
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
The whole job sucks
High pressure Call Center
Inbound Order Agent (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJuly 23, 2018
Started at 9:am. Call volume on average would be 50 to 70 calls per day. My customers I enjoyed the most. Talk time was the hardest
part of my job, had to avg 6 min 45 sec or we would lose comm. We were able to dress down, jeans etc. The people I worked with I enjoyed very much. Although it was a very structured environment, lots of rules, I enjoyed my two 15 minute breaks daily walking/running around the parking lot. It is difficult to sit for long periods, exercise to me is essential. At times we were able to eat at our desk as we only had 2 15 minute breaks or a half hr lunch.
I loved it
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHAugust 25, 2018
I’d work at a warehouse again I like stuff like that more hand to hand honestly if I could do another job just like it I would it was really good but did get tiring at times
Pros
We get paid good money we can do overtime and get paid time off
Cons
Being timed
Stay away!
Mail Sorter/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHMay 17, 2018
Just say NO to this place. Management was the absolute worse. The top brass bullied the employees. Unsafe working conditions. Absolutely no of making this a career. Every six months they clean of employees who are good workers.
Avoid this place
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHDecember 5, 2018
I have never worked at place like this ever. Human Resources makes everything so nice like this is a wonderful place to work, Complete opposite. First I had to train on first shift for two weeks why I don’t know my training last 30 minutes it might not even been that long. Training is basically figuring things out on your own. Moved to my regular shift 3rd shift supervisors absolutely know nothing. Also HR tells you your off on holidays oh no!! 3rd shift got to celebrate thanksgiving the day before and had to work on thanksgiving regular pay. The same will be for Christmas and New Year’s Day. Which they didn’t say in orientation. I would have never accepted the position. Oh and also all the supervisors are rude and don’t know how to talk to employees. And they never explained how to keep your picking and packing numbers in the positive. But would come around and tell you your numbers are negative but never say what you can do to get your numbers up. Oh and they don’t care about safety or employees just how to get they product out fast. And when u do use a vacation day your pay going down like 3rd shift makes 9.75 hr when you use a vacation day your pay goes to 9.00 hr. I have never heard this before and I worked in a factory for 10 years before being laid off. This place is a joke avoid this company!!!!
Pros
Listen to you headphones while working
Cons
No heat, supervisors, pay
Don't work here
FUll Time (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 26, 2018
One you are under paid. Secondly when you work overtime, don't expect to get paid for it. Third don't expect to be trained, and if anything goes wrong you'll be to blamed. I was treated extremely bad there, I'm sure under a different team it can be a completely different experience. But I recommend taking another job offer if you have the choice.
Pros
Career experience
Cons
everything else
Great people
Sr. Manager, Merchandising Analytics (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHAugust 6, 2018
The corporate office has great employees and approachable upper management. Very casual on a daily basis It's a small company, so the doors are always open to upper management.

Want to know more about Amerimark Direct?

Ask a question
Steer clear
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHMay 13, 2018
This was my first job ever and by far the worst ever. The job in itself was very easy, just pick orders from boxes. But when you say the wrong thing or tick off the owner than look out. Somehow someway they will find a way to harass you on the job by controlling their peasant workers and making them mess with you until you quit or become just as mentally ill as the rest of them. I had a group of people at this place stalk me outside of my workplace here, are they a gang? a cult? I dont know. All I know is that they are demons, stay away if you value your life my friends.
Pros
low income tax, easy job
Cons
everything else
Great company
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJune 28, 2018
Friendly,helpful and encouraging staff. I enjoyed my time there. Some customer issues one cannot prepare for but management assisted the reps in solving customer issues up to refunding the purchase price.
Pros
High job morale
Great Place To Work!
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHSeptember 19, 2018
I loved my time at AmeriMark. Although it was short, everyone I met was so friendly and helpful. The other ladies in my department were so hardworking and treated me as one of their own from the start.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Temporary Position
Great management, interesting product lines
Import Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHMarch 6, 2017
I worked with compliance, tracking shipments, costing out the product including materials, labor and freight.

I learned a great deal about tariffs, duty, calculating out the costs of so many different products.

The management was very supportive and kept us apprised of the business successes and issues.

The workplace was very team oriented and there were constant meetings keep us updated.

The hardest part of the job was learning a new mainframe system.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with on a daily basis.
Pros
Great work atmosphere, constant training, up to date computer systems
Cons
Salary
"ok" work place, not something to make permanent
customer service (Current Employee) –  middleburg heights ohioJanuary 27, 2013
You sit at a desk for 8 hours and answer calls. Nothing else. Very boring but doable. What makes the job horrrible is the managment. The team lead supervisors on the majority are no help with anything. My personal supervisor likes to make fun of how many people he has fired. The HR staff is never around and very unkind. You get 2 breaks of 15 minutes each which is like nothign when your supposed to sit still for 8 hours. They are very sneaky with how commission works. Also i find it to be a very unprofessional place. My supervisor was having personal relations with at least 2 other females who worked there and i felt there was favoritism with hours and commision if you did not flirt with him. I do not recommend this company.
Pros
stable schedule
Cons
short breaks, lies about benefits, favoritism
Much too focused on numbers, getting the customer off the line.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHApril 20, 2018
I worked 6 days a week and somehow I was never paid overtime. You received 36 hours of time that you could use for sick days, being tardy, etc for the year. If you had any hours at the end of the year, you lost them. they did not carry over.
Pros
Job was easy.
Cons
Not enough training before you were expected to do certain tasks
large turnover, many bbb issues
Customer Service/Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 31, 2013
customers are secondary numbers are most important. The hardest part of the job is trying to please the customer. Many escalated calls and no time is available to resolve. If you are on the phone more than the given time to keep call flow rate in their standings you are reprimanded and percentage is taken from you. they expect you to lie to the customer and keep the numbers up if calls are dropped due to you doing you resolving an issue it goes against you. Iloved my job but they expexted you to appologise at least 4 to 5 times and say we will look into the issue but then it goes nowhere etc. i work to please customers not deceive them for the sake of the companies numbers
Pros
great pay great benefits great coworkers great hours
Cons
poor management, priorities and lack of empathy for the employees to much deceit towards the customers
People are great
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHAugust 14, 2017
Everyone is helpful and easy to work with in the company. Management was flexible with schedule with advanced notice of appointments. Benefits were great.
Pros
35% on items
The Worst Place
Call Center (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHFebruary 9, 2018
This is the worst work environment that you'll ever experience. It could be a social experiment. The management was the worst and manipulative. They played games with all of the call center staff. They have everyone multi task jobs and pay you next to nothing. The building is disgusting and the cubicles are an embarrassment. This is hands down the worst place to work and no one should ever subject themselves to this kind of harassment.
Pros
Vacation days
Learn what you can then leave
Buying Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHDecember 7, 2017
This company is a nice place to learn excel and to learn how to juggle multiple projects at once. However if you are looking for training/development and career advancement then this is not the place for you. You will never receive any of that.. I worked on the merchandising department and after having several conversations with Human Resources and upper management I was told that development was not a priority.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amerimark Direct. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6