Amerimark Direct Employee Reviews

High pressure Call Center
Inbound Order Agent (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJuly 23, 2018
Started at 9:am. Call volume on average would be 50 to 70 calls per day. My customers I enjoyed the most. Talk time was the hardest
part of my job, had to avg 6 min 45 sec or we would lose comm. We were able to dress down, jeans etc. The people I worked with I enjoyed very much. Although it was a very structured environment, lots of rules, I enjoyed my two 15 minute breaks daily walking/running around the parking lot. It is difficult to sit for long periods, exercise to me is essential. At times we were able to eat at our desk as we only had 2 15 minute breaks or a half hr lunch.
Great company
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJune 28, 2018
Friendly,helpful and encouraging staff. I enjoyed my time there. Some customer issues one cannot prepare for but management assisted the reps in solving customer issues up to refunding the purchase price.
Pros
High job morale
low pay, no advancement
Warehouse Receiving Representative (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHJune 25, 2018
It is a fast paced low wage occupation with very little chance of advancement. Associate treatment from management is average to poor. The only pro to the job is the benefits and paid time off
Don't work here
FUll Time (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 26, 2018
One you are under paid. Secondly when you work overtime, don't expect to get paid for it. Third don't expect to be trained, and if anything goes wrong you'll be to blamed. I was treated extremely bad there, I'm sure under a different team it can be a completely different experience. But I recommend taking another job offer if you have the choice.
Pros
Career experience
Cons
everything else
Stay away!
Mail Sorter/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHMay 17, 2018
Just say NO to this place. Management was the absolute worse. The top brass bullied the employees. Unsafe working conditions. Absolutely no of making this a career. Every six months they clean of employees who are good workers.
Steer clear
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHMay 13, 2018
This was my first job ever and by far the worst ever. The job in itself was very easy, just pick orders from boxes. But when you say the wrong thing or tick off the owner than look out. Somehow someway they will find a way to harass you on the job by controlling their peasant workers and making them mess with you until you quit or become just as mentally ill as the rest of them. I had a group of people at this place stalk me outside of my workplace here, are they a gang? a cult? I dont know. All I know is that they are demons, stay away if you value your life my friends.
Pros
low income tax, easy job
Cons
everything else
not a lot of growth within the company
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHMay 2, 2018
Amerimark was a job I did to pay the bills and get by but I would not recommend to anyone I associate myself with . Felt no moral to get sales quota . Not enough recognition .
Much too focused on numbers, getting the customer off the line.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHApril 20, 2018
I worked 6 days a week and somehow I was never paid overtime. You received 36 hours of time that you could use for sick days, being tardy, etc for the year. If you had any hours at the end of the year, you lost them. they did not carry over.
Pros
Job was easy.
Cons
Not enough training before you were expected to do certain tasks
Some employees are very helpful.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHMarch 1, 2018
I have worked up at amerimart through a temp agency. And enjoyed what I was doing..But the supervisor are nothing more than a joke and back stabber.
Pros
No free stuff
Worst company to work for
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHFebruary 11, 2018
Management is terrible, it's a zoo. No leadership and people do what they want, you get treated like garbage pretty much every day. It's going to outsource soon anyways so get out while you can, also you're allowed to be on any drug you want here, employees nod out at their desks and management is cool with it, don't do it!
Pros
Leaving
Cons
They're the cons
The Worst Place
Call Center (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHFebruary 9, 2018
This is the worst work environment that you'll ever experience. It could be a social experiment. The management was the worst and manipulative. They played games with all of the call center staff. They have everyone multi task jobs and pay you next to nothing. The building is disgusting and the cubicles are an embarrassment. This is hands down the worst place to work and no one should ever subject themselves to this kind of harassment.
Pros
Vacation days
Good starter job, not for long term career.
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHFebruary 1, 2018
I learned to drive a lift truck/cherry picker here and the basics of warehousing. It was a good job to gain experience. Pay was bad ,and management was horrible, health and other benefits were good, HR department is a joke and will throw you under the bus. Stay away if you want to be happy in life.
They Eat Souls
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJanuary 30, 2018
It was like being in the place you go when you die without the fire. Always threats from management. Most people have to work there so they can get their government checks.
Pros
A Paycheck
Cons
everything else
Stressful, high paced work environment
Buying Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middleburg, OHJanuary 27, 2018
Typically on an average day there is more than enough work to be done, however you can be pulled in many different directions.The management makes continuous changes without providing the appropriate communication.
same thing every day nothing different
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 25, 2018
It was a good job to start out in the warehouse industry, but the pay wasn't too good and sometimes they weren't very busy so you would be sent home early
very productive, excellent experience
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJanuary 13, 2018
Amerimark was a wonderful place to work until they decided they were going to remove the inbound call center team. It then became all outbound. They kept a small team for customer service but I was not part of that team, I was sent to outbound. It was ok for the 1st month but then they decided they didnt have enough work there to keep us all employed, They decided to let a large number of us go. Which became the beginning of my struggle.
Pros
Their were alot of pro’s
Cons
Too much change for the not so good, especially long time employees.
Workplace
Professional (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 8, 2018
Relaxed environment. Lots of work to get done. Management seems to want to improve the workplace. Company is growing the business and has made many good changes the last couple years.
Pros
Flexible, good health benefits, friendly, vacation time
Cons
Warehouse can get hot and cold depending on weather
Learn what you can then leave
Buying Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHDecember 7, 2017
This company is a nice place to learn excel and to learn how to juggle multiple projects at once. However if you are looking for training/development and career advancement then this is not the place for you. You will never receive any of that.. I worked on the merchandising department and after having several conversations with Human Resources and upper management I was told that development was not a priority.
used to be a great place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHOctober 24, 2017
Was a great place rill new management took over. sent all of our callcenter jobs over seas. Not a very good work to life balance. Mandatory weekends and holidays. Miserable environment. Unappreciated for any haed work you do.
Productive with great people to work with.
Direct marketing company (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 28, 2017
Was a good place to work. Were flexible with the hours with starting time in the offices, they just wanted you to put in the full number of hours you were required to work. Was salaried so didn't have to worry about making sure that I only worked 8 hours, could work longer if I felt the situation warranted it.
My manager was helpful when I needed to know something.
My colleagues were friendly and we worked well together.
Was constantly learning and they allowed us to attend training classes to improve our skills.
Pros
Culture and employees were friendly and got along well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amerimark Direct. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6