AMERIPIPE SUPPLY Employee Reviews

A stupid place to work.
Counter Sales/Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 1, 2019
Mánager was chicken brained. Constantly changing work SOP. Never consistent. Told you do something, then write you up because it wasnt done to the, " now new" SOP.
Pros
Working toilet
Cons
Cluelessness
Great atmosphere
Testing / Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 28, 2019
Great benefits, great hours, plenty of over time. Friendly co-worker. U can move to different department once you learn one. Working in a open aired warehouse was the hardest thing about that place. Some days was cold and then hot. But you keep busy u don't even notice it and time flys by
fun place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 12, 2018
i think pay couldbe upgraded and management could be more proffesional, the management in sales is bery friendly and help in any way as possible, the higher up manager is friendly and i woud recommend to anyone to do your job well and you will be rewarded well,
Pros
free popcorn
Cons
healthcare
Machine operator, Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAOctober 7, 2018
The work is good, learned many positions. Learned how to cut and groove pipe. You learn how to use a forklift. Hardest part when they relocate you 12x
Pros
overtime when they allow it
Cons
short breaks, health care, work environment, and management
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73128July 31, 2018
The work is difficult but rewarding. Things are produced on a tight schedule but the teamwork which is developed from the beginning allows for these schedules to be meet with efficiency.
Pros
many
Cons
few
Great Place, overall experience is good
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 6, 2018
Overall great company, CEO COO HR VP are great people to work with and for. On the other hand the new management of the branch and warehouse are not. Very lazy and not collaborative. Very untrustworthy and lack serious initiative to do any work on their behalf. The workplace and employees are easy-going and have excellent teamwork though.
Pros
Great overall company, great benefits
Cons
New management, lazy, untrustworthy
Productive and plenty of overtime
Hand Welder/ Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJanuary 29, 2018
Working for this company I learned a trade to carry on for the rest of my life. Work a lot of overtime and work half a days on Saturday, Boss took on company outings and bought lunch for us. Great people to work around
Laid Back Environment
Inventory Manager (New Hire Trainer) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2017
The warehouse was a laid back family friendly place. Some people wasn't happy with there positions and pay but that's a lot of places. There were room for plenty improvement but overall wasn't too bad..
Company Culture
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2017
Ameripipe Supply workplace culture that is going through growing pains in the overall direction that the CEO wants to take the company. There doesnt seem to be a strong sense of accountability with the employees of Ameripipe Supply, with constast employee turnover.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Corporate overal direction
It was okay
Receiving Clerk/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 31, 2017
I loved working with a lot of people up there. But I did not see eye to eye with my warehouse manager. And she was great at ordering us around, while she didn't do much of anything.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Short breaks
good people
Administrative Coordinator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2017
the actual branch manager for location in stone mountain, atlanta can be consider a resanoble person when need to persut on you for a job but do not know how to keep promess on workers
Low key company
Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 20, 2015
Typical job 8-5.
Needs improvement in the extra branches with less
new take overs.Corporate thrives while other branches
struggle.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Bad management
Assembler/ Pipe-fitter/ Threader
assembler (Current Employee) –  8828 Meldrum Houston, TX 77075June 29, 2015
I'm at work by 6am, wait for my manager to give us a job in which i prep my machine. I'm a threader and pipe-fitter but i do testing of pipe after the welders are done. I bundle pipe and wrap pallets with forklifts
District Sales Manager - Construction Supplies & Equipment
District Sales Manager - Construction Supplies (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 12, 2014
- Sales Management / Outside Sales / Account Management
- Successfully sell fire protection supplies and equipment
- Sell to over 100 contractors while continuing to prospect new business
- Maintain and manage a $10 million sales region
- Continue to exceed company sales goals and expectations year after year
- Strong focus on new business development and sales growth
I loved this place
Assistant Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 14, 2014
My mornings consisted of starting where I left off on a pipe- construction supply order or preparing to deliver to a job site, a cup of coffee and KVET. My Supervisor was a Vietnam Vet who stood about 5'1 but his work ethic made him 6 foot easy. He did his homework on new inventory product and knew the warehouse like the back of his hand.

He took me under his wing when he saw my dedication and willingness to learn warehouse and it's inventory. He was a good supervisor a fair man and he re-introduced me to the term hard earned money plus learning the forklift and driving a flat bed truck was pretty cool too.

Management was nice and old fashioned. The manager of the place at the time was cool headed former sales person. He treated his employees fairly also. Hardest part of the job was the summers, the warehouse was a insulated tin building the pipes outside the field created more heat when it was already 103 outside..but I loved it.
The pay was not enough to for my new family at the time to live.
great environment
Marketing and Product Development (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2013
Manage accounts / obtaining new accounts.. Coordinated schedule bc had all of Houston Territory. Mechanical piping for oil and gas and other types of projects. I had Shell, Exxon and BP.

I have extensive knowledge in piping, valves and fixtures. For Mechanical side.

Quotes and bids
Balance of time and schedule is important when dealing with accounts and new accounts.
worked with project managers
Other distributors within my industry
networking
fast paste environment
competitive market
making sure orders were complete and pricing was accurate
delivery was set on time for projects
I have many references of accounts that I can give you. That is not a problem

Hardest part was making sure that you managed your accounts and stayed on top of it. No room for error because they are paying people on the job site,
Back orders needed to be delivered and had to stay on top of that
Keeping up with all the projects and being able to mutli task

Keeping the client the account happy and making sure that they know that you are on top of it and will make sure that if anything that does or may go wrong you are there to deal with it and make fast quick decisions to improvise to please the customer.
Pros
Took clients out to lunches/ Breakfests
Cons
We just didn't have the man power as the other companies had to compete