Ameriprise Financial Employee Reviews

Good Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJOctober 17, 2018
It was a good job to have at the time. Working closely to an advisor gave me a good skillset to continue with. I learned about how to effectively deal with people.
Terribly Misled
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goshen, NYOctober 17, 2018
Went to work for the Goshen, NY office approximately 5 years ago. They hired me part time to train me. After approximately 2 months I was told they wouldn't need me anymore. No warning, nothing. When I was hired I was led to believe the job would become permanent after the office manager returned from maternity leave. She left to have the baby and I was left without a job.
Cons
Management lies right to your face.
Every day is a new day
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYOctober 12, 2018
There is so much to learn at Ameriprise and I can't say there is really a typical day. There are some great opportunities if you are up for the challenge.
Good Training
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaOctober 10, 2018
This is a good place for new advisors to learn and be trained in the business. However, it is too limiting for experienced advisors. They encourage advisors to rely heavily on high fee managed products and over charge for simple financial planning, which consists mostly of computer generated boilerplate.
Work Life
Registered Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 10, 2018
Ameriprise is an interesting place to work. The work is challenging and ever changing. No two days are alike as clients all have different and varying needs of service.
Pros
professional environment
Cons
new management
Productive Team Environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Evans, GAOctober 8, 2018
Very professional and great for leaning. Working with the staff at this location, I learned how to conduct myself in this type of environment, all together a great experience.
Great Company
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 8, 2018
Work culture is great. GREAT COMPANY. I only left because of relocation and the people that work there are great and the work life balance is evened out.
Pros
Balance
Cons
meetings
Great Place to work.
Project Manager - Network Delivery (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 4, 2018
Ameriprise is a great place to work. Many employees continue to work at Ameriprise for over 15 years. The most enjoyable part of my job was planning a end of project party for my team to celebrate our successes.
Pros
Pay
Bad Management
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 28, 2018
Manager retaliated upon me filing a formal complaint against him through Human Resources. He was very verbally aggressive and abusive towards me which caused me great anxiety and stress. He was unapproachable and horrible to work for and with. He managed by fear and intimidation. And, his staff was fearful of him.
Pros
great hours and benefits
Cons
Lack of HR support when problems arouse, Company does retaliate even though they stand firm in that they don't, My job was therefore jeopardized because of it.
I worked for a Nice Advisor as My Boss
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJSeptember 28, 2018
I was lucky to have a good boss for the short time I was there. Wish I was there longer.
There are some cons and that is you are alone in this office and see no one but the advisor. If he had clients come in to see him that will be rare. Majority of the day you are alone. There was not much to learn and no career advancement.
Pros
nice boss
Cons
boring - don't see anyone
Product but stressful
Claims Support Representative (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WISeptember 27, 2018
The management I had was very unprofessional and the communication was difficult among us. I didn't feel the pay was fair for the amount of hours you'd put into a day or questioned why you were working over time, so obviously she was not aware of the work load.
Good Company
Associate Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 26, 2018
The company is great, but individual teams can be very different in how they do business and treat their employees. The AFA role can be drastically different from practice to practice. Make sure you have a senior advisor who wants to be a mentor.
Good Company
PROJECT MANAGER - Ameriprise Technologies (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 25, 2018
Lots of phone calls supporting internal customers. Good place to work good internal customers. Workplace is all good.Minneapolis is a great place to work.
Stressful
Senior Auto Claims 1 Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 25, 2018
Stressful days. I have learned how to manage my desk and phone. My leader is the best one I have ever had.The hardest part of the job is the dealing with the stress. You cannot have a great work life balance. I do not feel like we are paid enough for the work and stress we have to deal with.
Work
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 25, 2018
It was a continuous drive to take care of client needs and bring on new clients. There are unspoken demands and pressure to perform and not a great deal of recognition except for the very top producers
Going to miss working here
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 25, 2018
My one advisor was awesome. However, the second advisor was very stressful to work for. I will miss working here. The coworkers of the other advisors in the office are a great group.
Retirement Planning Consultant
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHSeptember 25, 2018
I would be contacting existing clients and discussing their financial goals and achievements. Also would be prospecting for new clients. Management was very supportive in achieving my goals.
Interesting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 23, 2018
Ameriprise Financial, Inc. was an interesting experience. They make you take a lot of tests before you even have an interview. They have tests that determine which area of Ameriprise you can work in.
Great opportunity or growth and development
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 19, 2018
I was promoted from Administrative Assistant to Client Service Coordinator within a 2 year time-frame. Typical day at work consisted of contacting clients regarding appointments, completion of forms, etc.; checking updates in the systems for FA's, providing weekly numbers for goals set week prior; event planning, code calling, following up on financial plans. Ameriprise was an excellent company to advance in your career.
Pros
Pay
Enjoyed my job very much
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PASeptember 17, 2018
Enjoyed my job
I did scanning to an online system, however, project came to end after 3 years
I previously did administrative assistant work along with answering phone calls

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ameriprise Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

64out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ameriprise Financial.