Ameriprise Financial Employee Reviews

It depends
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2018
Your experience w/this company will depend completely on the branch you work for and the advisor you're under. They sometimes offer transition package
Ameriprise Financial Review
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 15, 2018
Ameriprise Financial is an excellent company to work for. I enjoyed working with my team and assisting very talented individuals. My leader challenged to do further my skills and see the potential I had to grow professionally. All my interactions were pleasant.
Poor management
Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 10, 2018
They want you to lie to customers which causes extreme rates and did not want us advising how yo save them money. I will llml not go into more detail.
All About Business and Lots of Marketing
Client Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 9, 2018
Work with an advisor that can help you learn the ropes and not micromanage you. I had the problem of working with someone that didn't want things done with creativity and ingenuity so if you work with someone like this, then don't even apply.
Does not value thier employees
CLIENT SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 8, 2018
I've worked here for a very long time and it's a very sink or swim environment. Management lacks ethics and misconduct does not get reported or handled properly. It's very hands off place to work in you receive little to no feedback unless if it's negative. Employee turnover is huge especially amongst the sales assistants. Technology is not up to industry standard and lacks innovation.
Pros
benefits and vacation time start immeaditely
Cons
hands off training, bad management
A company focused on financial planning
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 5, 2018
I obtained all of my licenses while working for the company. I also learned a lot about financial planning and helping clients achieve their financial goals.
Great Internship
Financial Intern (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYMay 4, 2018
I interned here during college for a few months and enjoyed coming in and working with the team. Management was great and helpful and really wanted me to learn about their work. I received a great recommendation from them, which I've shared with new job opportunities.
Wonderful job culture with a stressful workload
Auto Claims Adjustor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WI 54304May 4, 2018
The workplace culture at Amerprise was fanastic. It is a very supportive and collaborative environment. The roles are quite stressful and it is diffcult to achieve a desired work/life balance. The job does offer amazing benefits.
working at Ameripirse Financial
Customer Service Professional II (Expert) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 3, 2018
I am very grateful for my job and the company as a whole is great, I am looking for more growth and learning opportunities outside of the financial corporate industry. It is repetitive and not very challenging, over time the complaceny can get to you as opportunities for advancement are not readily available.
Great Management and team.
Executive Assistant & Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 2, 2018
Wonderful people to work with and for. Great communication and positive feedback from supervisor. Employees excellent at working as a team and supporting each other.
Good financial firm
Franchise Owner/Personal Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 27, 2018
Good company. I was a franchise owner, so I ran my own practice. All aspects of personal financial planning. Maintaining client relationships and matching investment ideas with risk tolerance and goals.
Professional Environment
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2018
Ameriprise Financial is a professional organization and works within the FINRA Rules. Employees must be aware of their actions and interactions with clients to remain with in FINR guidelines.
Client Service Associate
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CAApril 25, 2018
Ameriprise is a strong, reliable company to work for. However, the franchised branch I work for was held back due to unwillingness to conform to common new practices.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Managment
Good Company
Customer Professional (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 23, 2018
Client Service dept was great, needs new building one of their own.
The company has great parking and training. Would recommend working there. Great location
Quick room for advancement, many leadership opportunities
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 23, 2018
A typical work day will include arriving to work early to catch-up on industry and firm-related news proceeded by a full day's schedule of holding one-hour appointments with existing clients. There are various meetings with wholesalers, department leaders, and team members that are scheduled throughout the weeks. In addition to that, you will enjoy the many non-work related events in which teammates get a chance to participate such as the annual bbq lunch and Christmas holiday dinner. Ameriprise provides ample volunteer opportunities and is a proud employer of our military veterans.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lack of diversity
Low paying, no room for advancement
Registered Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 23, 2018
Long days
Lack of managerial supervision (you did what you wanted)
No accountability
Managers were more focused on their own personal production than the advisors within the office
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Low paying
Ameriprise a great place.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 18, 2018
Loved my time at Ameriprise. Great solid company. You really do learn a lot of skills that make you very marketable. You are expected to perform at your highest level, which is not bad. Economy does effect the job security.
Ameriprise
Assistant Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAApril 17, 2018
A typical day at work began with assisting current clients with establishing various accounts to plan education or retirement costs. This tied in to creating financial plans for customers
Good to work for
Client Concierge (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, CTApril 17, 2018
A typical day was seeing what was on the agenda for that day. I learned how to manage my time and make sure that my work corresponded well with others, management was nice and easy to get along with. The culture was relaxed but knew to be serious at times.
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 16, 2018
Very professional atmosphere in a very fast paces environment. Pay was competitive and benefits were good. Good opportunity to relocate with the company as there are Ameriprise offices all over the United States.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ameriprise Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.4Fairygodboss Score

62%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.