Ameriprise Financial Employee Reviews

Found 1,003 reviews matching the search See all 1,087 reviews
Great environment to learn.
Camelot Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 16, 2019
Was a culture of excellence and active learning, where you were held responsible in your actions. The organization worked as a team and communicated ideas off on another to make the best decision.
Great entry level experience
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 13, 2019
This position was a great way to see what happens behind the scenes for a financial advisor. I got to improve my skills when working with our clients, especially over the phone.
Paid well to sell your soul to the devil
Customer Professional II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 13, 2019
The pay is top notch for a call center customer service Representative position and the benefits are extraordinary too. They do this for good reason....high turn over. The work is grueling and your performance is judged daily. They have so called coaches and leaders who sit around and giggle all day or find or nitpicking, rather, your faults. Then your performance from the previous day gets displayed for all to see and even discussed every single morning. They'll push you to quit or get fired. The ones who actually make it are robots who couldnt possibly embody a true, empathetic customer service representative. They do what they're told, despite right or wrong. Ameriprise wants to be the best of the best in terms of customer service, what happened to being the best of the best at wealth management? Some hire ups should really reevaluate the people they have underneath them, because there's a whole lot of perfume on a pig.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Not flexible with unplanned time off, technical work on phone is highly stressful, often leaving you upset or in tears, leaders play favoritism and i would even go so far as to say discrimination and racism.
Working as an adviser assistant part time.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 12, 2019
I enjoyed working for this adviser because of the part time hours and interacting with clients under the adviser's direction. I liked the way clients were treated with respect even if the were stressed by the market ups & downs and made appointments to address any concerns they had.
Pros
paid vacation.
Sorry I left the company
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 11, 2019
I could honestly say I loved my job. Had a great work "family." Great benefits. Former leader was the best! Enjoyed being a SME for many things. Great downtown location.
Pros
Casual Friday, great benefits.
Good learning experience
Assistant Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 9, 2019
This company is a great place to start out on a path for financial advising and financial planning. Its a long road to start making a good income to support ones finances.
Pros
Good Experience for the Field of Financial Advising
Cons
Initial compensation
Great People and Talent
Regional Training Manager, Northeast Region (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 7, 2019
Training was paramount with this company and everyone embraced the mission. The talent was groomed and well respected as they were trusted to deal confidentially with clients.
Marketing Manager
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 6, 2019
Great place to work. Good company to gain a thorough understanding of the financial services industry.Culture allows for learning, growth and career advancement. People are friendly and posed for success.
Great
Financial Advisor Internship (Former Employee) –  Marmora, NJFebruary 4, 2019
Very insightful. Learned a lot about the day to day operations and really dove deep into the basics of financial planning. I loved the flexibility of the job.
Great Place
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOFebruary 3, 2019
Great People Great Cooperative Atmosphere It was a great
position the people were great i enjoyed my work cooperative team spirit good experience
Job description radically changed
Financial Advisor and Business Devlopment (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 31, 2019
Was engaged to serve as in house retirement specialist for practice of 30 FA's in multiple states. Plan revenue to be pooled and shared by 10 partners. Partners reluctant to refer into case and now have exceptions to the guidelines. Basic case of uncommunicated expectations and probable resentment for my arrangement.
Pros
Work remotely
Cons
Moved my cheese
Ameriprise Financial
Client Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 30, 2019
Great company and benefits. People were great especially my Manager. Environment was easy and there was no pressure enforced, Very competitive environment.
Management Roles
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 29, 2019
Despite the work being quite easy to learn, the manager was in constant micromanagement mode. It was quite a relaxed work environment and a small office so not much interaction with more than 2 other employees. My favorite part of the job was being able to research issues and get them resolved. The most difficult part of the job was not the job itself, but rather, the manager's condescending tone as well as inappropriate comments made while pregnant.
Pros
Relaxed Environment
Cons
Management Tone and Style
Job review
Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 28, 2019
This was an internship for me. I did not have many responsibilities but management and culture are not on the top of the list for this individual practice.
Pros
learn useful skills for the industry
Cons
very political and cut throat
Franchise Ownership
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 27, 2019
At Ameriprise Financial you are an independent Franchise Owner. No base salary, no benefits, no healthcare, no retirement program. With Franchise Ownership you can be as successful as you want to be.
slow and stressful
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 26, 2019
I was constantly bored, severely lacking work to be done. Was never given any new work or challenges. Co-workers were unprofessional and childish. Would not recommend.
Productive and friendly environment
Brokerage and SPS specialist/Money Movement (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 22, 2019
I love working for Ameriprise Financial, the people are extremely nice and friendly. They truly care about their employees as well as their business. They resolve complicated issues for clients/advisors in a timely manner and you can tell they truly care about their clients. They make frequent changes that are beneficial based on recommendations from current employees as well as developmental and growth for the company overall. They are very professional and understanding.
Loved my co workers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Trenton, GAJanuary 20, 2019
Loved the girls in the office
You get an hour lunch off
Have all major holidays off
Operations Manager doesn't mind to help you when you need it.
They all work together so that was nice to have an actual team behind you.
Very unorganized and childish atmosphere very unprofessional trainer.
Life Events Call Center (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2019
Very unorganized training very unprofessional childlike atmosphere. The trainer discussed personal information that was very unpleasant and was very hard to focus on the actual training. Spent more time socializing instead focusing on the training material for life events. Managers were okay but they should really screen who they hire because when they are not in the classroom the trainer is talking about them and discussing their pay and other employees pay and the gossip is so unconformable, and coming to a new company no one should have to hear repetitive gossip regarding other employees and personal life experience regarding how you live your life drugs, alcohol etc should stay personal do not involve new hires. Very relaxed and unprofessional trainer and if you don't fit in and involve yourself in the gossip you are treated differently. Had to resign I have never experienced such a poor and negative experience in my life. I know I have what it takes to make sure customers are satisfied, but will not involve myself in hostile work environment my reputation and integrity is far greater than. I received certificate for having a pleasant jolly attitude and all but enough is enough.
Benefits
Cons
Unprofessional Trainer from Minnesota
Don't do it
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ludington, MIJanuary 18, 2019
Just do not work here. I promise you will hate it. You have a lot of time to do nothing. You constantly have to worry about your boss being upset with you or other behavior issues which caused me (a female) to quit. You will understand once you work there. I am not alone with this opinion
Pros
Lots of time to do nothing
Cons
Temperamental boss

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ameriprise Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

57%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss