AMERISAFE, INC. Employee Reviews

Fun and productive workplace
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  DeRidder, LAJune 21, 2019
At Amerisafe, it was fun and relaxing. If I had any questions about anything, I felt comfortable enough to ask. I also like they had get togethers for the workers. Like a potluck once month. It really kept the moral of the workers up.
Great Place to Work with Great Benefits
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Current Employee) –  DeRidder, LAJune 14, 2019
Amerisafe is a great place to work. It has lots of benefits and they promote from within. There care about making sure their employees are trained and ready to take on the tasks of their jobs.
Too Much Micromanagement
Field Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Work from homeFebruary 5, 2019
You can never "own your file". Too many hands in the cookie jar. Always get criticized - never any praise. I do not recommend Amerisafe as a place to work. Too stressful.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Micromanagement
Enjoyable, laid back atmoshpere
Field Case Manager (Current Employee) –  DeRidder, LAJanuary 10, 2019
I enjoyed working for Amerisafe. My caseload was minimal which allowed me time to leave the office and meet with injured worker's, employer's, etc. I enjoyed the benefit of working from home.
Pros
Work from home, small caseload
Cons
laid off after only 2 years of employment
Productive workplace but .........
Audit Specialist I (Current Employee) –  DeRidder, LAJanuary 9, 2019
Productive workplace but management piles way too much work on the employees and no advancement. Most people in my department did not get any type of raise in the last year.
Job description doesn't match expectations
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 18, 2018
Management is sneaky. They will push a negative change with a beautiful package and bow and then down the road you discover the true nature of the change. The pay is EXTREMELY low for the industry and the amount of work required. Communication is very poor and management are not skilled in managing people. They may know their own job well but that does not make them a good manager of people. In my experience, I had a passive aggressive manager who managed by bullying and scare tactics. There was never any positive reinforcement to encourage good morale. This job description is not an accurate depiction of the data mining required. Even though it's a sales job, there is a greater emphasis placed on reporting.
Pros
Work/Life balance in this position
Cons
Horrible pay and poor communication. Expectations not clear.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  DeRidder, LAAugust 22, 2018
I'm given leeway to manage staff using my own management style with zero turnover in the past 10+ years. Great employee benefits. Excellent staff to manage and work with.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, PAJuly 2, 2018
Amerisafe is a great place to work. They are wonderful with working around my graduate school schedule. I would definitely recommend working for them!
I love it.
Occupational Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  WV, PAJune 28, 2018
After having so many horrible nursing jobs it is beyond refreshing to come to this company and work for them! The difference is like night and day between all the others and this one! Apply today!
Cons
N/a
Ever changing work environment
Medical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMay 3, 2018
Everyday is something new. Immediate manager is engaging, easy to talk to, appreciates their employees. Sometimes you have to work crazy hours or bring work home, but in balances out when requesting time off, especially in emergencies. Plan to make this my permanent place!
Pros
Work hours, Pay, Atmosphere, Management, Time-Off, Ability to Work from Home, Your Opinion Matters
Cons
Best decision ever was to accept a position with Amerisafe Group
Technical Advisor (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMay 2, 2018
This company has afforded me opportunity to utilize my very unique skill set to its fullest! Management is encouraging and empowering. The pace of the work is always changing!
Wonderful place to work!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMay 2, 2018
I've been in healthcare for over 20 years and this is the greatest company I have ever worked for in every aspect. I would definitely recommend Amerisafe as both an employer and for its services.
Pros
Great culture and atmosphere, Christian based, family oriented, flexible, respectful
Where you WANT to be........ not HAVE to be
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMay 2, 2018
Amerisafe Group is the real deal. When you've worked in hostile environments before, you appreciate how great this place is. Hope to retire here one day. People respect you and want you to be a part of everything. You can work in peace, and never have to feel bad asking someone for help. I don't mind taking my work home with me at the end of the day because I want this place to be the best company out there.
Pros
Snacks, Work-life balance, Elite management team
Cons
N/a
Owner's nephew threatned to fight me.
Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 10, 2018
shortcuts taken whenever possible. very low pay. Had to use personal resources to complete projects. When working with owner's nephew I was subjected to physical threats.
Typical day
Field Safety Professional (Current Employee) –  DeRidder, LAMarch 12, 2018
I run the roads to and from one insured to another or from one potential customer to potential customer. Each are evaluated based on certain criteria. If they do or don't meet this criteria, it is reflected in a report that is read by three departments. My supervisor treats us like responsible adults and we respond in kind.
Pros
Great management in safety department
Cons
Not enough coffee cups in breakroom
Great company to work for
Contract Safety Manager at the Lubrizol (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHJanuary 16, 2018
Company provides good salary and great communication as to what is expected of their consultants that work for them. Plenty of work, country wide with the potential of traveling if you wish. I would recommend Amerisafe to all safety professionals looking for work.
Low pay and cut throat
PC Technician Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  DeRidder, LADecember 12, 2017
Amerisafe does not give a flip about employees who have worked there for years. They only care about new employees. They promote new employees and cater to them.
Field Safety Professional (Current Employee) –  DeRidder, LAOctober 17, 2017
Little to no chance for advancement, pay not comparable with others in the same field, able to self schedule.Territories can be large, bonus structure not as it should be.
Poor Managment and benefits
Field Case Manager (Current Employee) –  LouisianaOctober 10, 2017
Good position if you have no where else to work at. There is a very short retention rate. Benefits are typical of a small company but rather expensive health care. Salary is below industry norm and raises are nonexistent.
Technology is very old. Computers are 6 years old. Help desk is not well trained.
Management is very poor and uneducated. There is often several managers monitoring you with each person having there own style and opinion.
Pros
Cons
poor management, poor benefits
no review
Statistical Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Deridder, LASeptember 26, 2017
THis place lies to you. you think you;ll get some hefty raise after 90 days and they throw 11 cents at you. ha ha ha no thank you i'll take my work elsewhere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMERISAFE, INC.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight