AMERISAFE, INC. Employee Reviews in DeRidder, LA

Excellent career opportunity
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  DeRidder, LAAugust 17, 2019
Great place to work! The Underwriting Department has a lot of opportunity for advancement. They take great pride in training their employees, mentoring junior staff and providing team focused environment. Love the people that I work with.
Fun and productive workplace
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  DeRidder, LAJune 21, 2019
At Amerisafe, it was fun and relaxing. If I had any questions about anything, I felt comfortable enough to ask. I also like they had get togethers for the workers. Like a potluck once month. It really kept the moral of the workers up.
Great Place to Work with Great Benefits
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Current Employee) –  DeRidder, LAJune 14, 2019
Amerisafe is a great place to work. It has lots of benefits and they promote from within. There care about making sure their employees are trained and ready to take on the tasks of their jobs.
Enjoyable, laid back atmoshpere
Field Case Manager (Current Employee) –  DeRidder, LAJanuary 10, 2019
I enjoyed working for Amerisafe. My caseload was minimal which allowed me time to leave the office and meet with injured worker's, employer's, etc. I enjoyed the benefit of working from home.
Pros
Work from home, small caseload
Cons
laid off after only 2 years of employment
Productive workplace but .........
Audit Specialist I (Current Employee) –  DeRidder, LAJanuary 9, 2019
Productive workplace but management piles way too much work on the employees and no advancement. Most people in my department did not get any type of raise in the last year.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  DeRidder, LAAugust 22, 2018
I'm given leeway to manage staff using my own management style with zero turnover in the past 10+ years. Great employee benefits. Excellent staff to manage and work with.
Typical day
Field Safety Professional (Current Employee) –  DeRidder, LAMarch 12, 2018
I run the roads to and from one insured to another or from one potential customer to potential customer. Each are evaluated based on certain criteria. If they do or don't meet this criteria, it is reflected in a report that is read by three departments. My supervisor treats us like responsible adults and we respond in kind.
Pros
Great management in safety department
Cons
Not enough coffee cups in breakroom
Low pay and cut throat
PC Technician Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  DeRidder, LADecember 12, 2017
Amerisafe does not give a flip about employees who have worked there for years. They only care about new employees. They promote new employees and cater to them.
N/a
Field Safety Professional (Current Employee) –  DeRidder, LAOctober 17, 2017
Little to no chance for advancement, pay not comparable with others in the same field, able to self schedule.Territories can be large, bonus structure not as it should be.
no review
Statistical Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Deridder, LASeptember 26, 2017
THis place lies to you. you think you;ll get some hefty raise after 90 days and they throw 11 cents at you. ha ha ha no thank you i'll take my work elsewhere.
review summary
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  DeRidder, LASeptember 11, 2017
appreciated my previous supervisor. she was very fair and consistent. enjoyed my job. customer service. grant writing. team player. human resources. training
Impossible work load
Workers Compensation (Current Employee) –  DeRidder, LAJuly 27, 2017
The work load is unreasonable. The pay is low compared to the same job type in other companies. You cannot support a family on what they pay. It is one of the higher paying jobs in the area, but the cost of living here is higher than most cities three times the size. Employees do not stay, making even more work on those that are there. Even fully staffed, they do not have enough employees to get the work done properly.
Amerisafe does do a lot to try to deter you away from the stress of the job by doing potlucks on the last Friday of the month, a birthday cake each month, free watermelons on the 4th of July, Halloween costumes, Christmas festivities and several other company picnics throughout the year. They are involved in the community as well.
None of this makes up for the low pay, insane work load and depressing/hostile work environment.
Pros
Mostly friendly employees and food
Cons
Low pay, massive work load, employee turnover
Confidentiality a must.
Receptionist/File clerk (Former Employee) –  DeRidder, LAJuly 19, 2017
Lots of filing. Confidentiality a must. Work with many different departments and people. But an overall great place to work. Great location. Lots of benefits and overall friendly atmosphere.
It's all who you know
Regulatory Specialist (Former Employee) –  DeRidder, LAMay 29, 2017
Management can stab you in the back when you least expect it. They brought in many of the higher managers from other companies, rather than promoting from within, so it wasn't unusual for you to be training someone who made twice as much as you.

Stock options only for VP and higher. Low annual incentive pay increases. It was often heard that this company only survives because of its rural setting. There's little to no other employers in the area to compete with.
Pros
Close to home, decent hours, good (not great) benefits
Cons
Low pay, minimal advancement, "click" culture
Not a good company to work for.
Premium Auditor (Former Employee) –  DeRidder, LAMarch 5, 2017
Ever wonder why they always have employment ads out and why it takes so long to fill positions? It's a mix of poorly trained managers, unreasonable expectations and no chance for advancement. There is an air of negativity throughout the office. The workload is one that cannot be completed in a normal work week. The pay is lower than all other comparable positions with other companies. Their IT department is apparently doing "on the job training" because most of the times they are no help whatsoever. Two years here was enough for me. The good points? The managers and co-workers are friendly.
Pros
The managers and co-workers are friendly.
Cons
Low pay, overload of work, managers poorly trained, poorly trained IT department.
High work volume, low moral, minimum pay.
Office (Former Employee) –  DeRidder, LAFebruary 14, 2017
The workload here is one that is totally unreasonable. There is no way anyone can complete the volume of work in the time frame required. Management has no clue. If you want long hours, minimal pay and the opportunity to hear your co-workers complain all the time, try it. If you want a normal job with dedicated co-workers and management that knows the business, go elsewhere.
It's no wonder that have employment ads out all the time. They either cant fill positions or when they do the people don't stay long. Working here is a nightmare.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, too much work, supervisors poorly trained and out of touch, no support, IT department thats dumber than a box of rocks.
Fun work enviroment
Underwriting Specialist (Former Employee) –  DeRidder, LADecember 14, 2016
This is an excellent company to work for although I will say that the dress code is a bit strict. The pay really is low for the field of work, but it is one of the few companies that will offer an entry level, no experience needed position to help nourish growth. The company also offers plenty of training and continuing education. They also help to pay for you to become licensed in the field.
Pros
hour lunch, potlucks, good work enviroment
Cons
Low Pay, poor communication
One of the most disorganized companies I have ever worked for.
Office (Current Employee) –  DeRidder, LANovember 30, 2016
There is a total lack of communication in the office. Supervisors have absolutely no training and know no more than the employees they supervise. The pay level sucks for the work involved. If you are considering a job here you would be better off going on welfare. I am only here because I retire in 2 years.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Lack of support from IT and supervisors.
Great food.
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Deridder, LANovember 29, 2016
Enjoyed working with food and serving customers. I liked assisting team members during rush hours. I enjoyed being a manager and working with my team members.
Pros
Food. Team members.
Cons
Straightforward job with slim opportunity for advancement but awesome coworkers.
Audit Staff (Current Employee) –  DeRidder, LAAugust 6, 2016
AMERISAFE is a sizable high risk workers' compensation insurance provider that offers exceptional services to their insureds. The company has received many awards for their outstanding work. Different departments have different rules. Since I'm only a part of audit, I can only speak on audit. The audit department is comprised of 3 teams: collectors and billers, audit production specialists, and the legal team. The legal team consists of the floaters that assist the other 2 teams, as well as the employees that work fraud cases. The audit production specialists use data entry skills to prepare audit packets for billing, as well as handling disputes. The billers prepare the audits as well as the monthly reports, sending letters to inform of balances, shortages and overages. The collectors call insureds regarding shortages, past due balances, as well as performing courtesy calls for audits. The atmosphere in the department is calm, even though the work we do may encounter negativity. The entire department acts as a family, and we hold each other up and help each other out. Most employees are long-term, especially in higher positions. However, pay raises come once a year with your yearly evaluations.
Pros
Company wide luncheons twice a year, food and birthday cake days once a month, wonderful coworkers
Cons
Entry level pay for a lot of responsibilities, little chance for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMERISAFE, INC.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight