AMERISAFE, Inc.

AMERISAFE, Inc. Culture reviews

review summary
appreciated my previous supervisor. she was very fair and consistent. enjoyed my job. customer service. grant writing. team player. human resources. training
Excellent career opportunity
Great place to work! The Underwriting Department has a lot of opportunity for advancement. They take great pride in training their employees, mentoring junior staff and providing team focused environment. Love the people that I work with.
Fun and productive workplace
At Amerisafe, it was fun and relaxing. If I had any questions about anything, I felt comfortable enough to ask. I also like they had get togethers for the workers. Like a potluck once month. It really kept the moral of the workers up.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
I'm given leeway to manage staff using my own management style with zero turnover in the past 10+ years. Great employee benefits. Excellent staff to manage and work with.
Amerisafe is a great place to work. They are wonderful with working around my graduate school schedule. I would definitely recommend working for them!
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Wonderful place to work!
I've been in healthcare for over 20 years and this is the greatest company I have ever worked for in every aspect. I would definitely recommend Amerisafe as both an employer and for its services.
Pros
Great culture and atmosphere, Christian based, family oriented, flexible, respectful
Confidentiality a must.
Lots of filing. Confidentiality a must. Work with many different departments and people. But an overall great place to work. Great location. Lots of benefits and overall friendly atmosphere.
It's all who you know
Management can stab you in the back when you least expect it. They brought in many of the higher managers from other companies, rather than promoting from within, so it wasn't unusual for you to be training someone who made twice as much as you.

Stock options only for VP and higher. Low annual incentive pay increases. It was often heard that this company only survives because of its rural setting. There's little to no other employers in the area to compete with.
Pros
Close to home, decent hours, good (not great) benefits
Cons
Low pay, minimal advancement, "click" culture
Great Company To Work For
Lots of Travel, I was given the opportunity to take the job and run with it. Management is extremely helpful and help you to create a great safe workplace culture in all of your jobs.
Great food.
Enjoyed working with food and serving customers. I liked assisting team members during rush hours. I enjoyed being a manager and working with my team members.
Pros
Food. Team members.
Inspections
safety inspections for the shift, confined space, hot work, JHA review, new hire training

Internal safety culture training and Refinery training
Positive Employment
Amerisafe was a wonderful experience. It was educational in that I was allowed to learn other positons within audit and was also trained in Property and Loss. My relationship with management was productive and positive. The hardest part of the job was collecting premiums. It is difficult to address money owed with someone who is going through a difficult time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationship with my co-workers and clients. I truly enjoyed interacting with people.
Pros
Great experiences and good pay
Cons
Not a terribly family oriented company
Productive workplace with a comfortable work environment
A typical day of work consisted of: morning meeting, contacting clients and new accounts, monitoring productivity of team, afternoon meeting to review and set up new agendas.
I learned about relationship building with clients as well as with a team.

Management was superior because my ideas and suggestions were always respectfully sought after by upper management.

The staff had a strong work ethic, and the team mentality allowed everyone to work on friendly terms.

Developing new sales accounts in a down trodden market

Enjoying business success with the rest of the team.
Great national company in a small town
Amerisafe was a great place to work. Senior Management was accessible and willing to listen to new ideas. Work duties were challenging, but management gave employees the resources and training to meet their goals.