Amerisave Mortgage Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Working at AmeriSave
Senior Mortgage Banker (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 12, 2018
100% commission with no sales training. Constant change in employees, technology, corporate ideas etc. Technology works 75% of the time.

I do love the people I work with!
Productive and fun place to work
Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 27, 2018
Work life balance is amazing and everyone is willing to help with any work related task! Management is completely in the loop with everyone training and development.
Worked from home
Senior Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Home BasedMarch 24, 2018
required to Underwrite 15 loans per week, conditions were to be reviewed withing 24-48 hours after receipt. Bi-Weekly calls to update on changes. Best part of the job was that it was Remove - no commute.
Great workplace, with wonderful upside, and management.
Originator / Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 15, 2018
Amerisave is a wonderful place to work, and has a lot of room for moving up in the company.

It is a laid back environment, and very team oriented, and training has improved based on the market, and financial guidelines.
Pros
Great deal of potential.
Cons
Based on financial Market.
Good Place to Learn the Business
Mortgage Loan Originator NMLS #1675664 (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMarch 8, 2018
Great Training specially for those getting into the business. Once training is complete there is very little support. Was loan originator doing decent starting to get the hang of the business, was laid off. They seem to have lots of layoffs.
Pros
Training
Cons
Layoffs
requesting not to review
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2018
no review to provide on this company. I am choosing not to review the company as cannot provide at this time as currently still employed with them as of this date
Processors are paid by Commission
Processor/Closer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2017
Have you ever heard of a Processor only making money by Commission?? That means that you have to wait for about 20 people to do their job so that you can get a paycheck. If you are not a favorite of Management, you will not be given the loans that give you a higher income. There was one processor there who make $10,000 a month but again he was the only one. The Manager there was very emotional and very judgemental. The top paying loans were only given to this processor. Other processors had to ask for loans. We had a huge office in Charlotte that could seat 100 employees but there were only 10 of us there. I always questioned that and finally the office closed down and everyone was laid off and they only kept the $10,000 processor who now works from home. The only good thing was that you were able to work from home.
Pros
Cons
Absolutely nothing
Great Place to work
Funding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2017
Great place to work and great folks. Will refer friends and family if they want to work in the mortgage industry. I had greats days and love when we all went to the xmas party.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Layoffs
For the most part - not a bad place to work
Compliance (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2017
Culture is pretty good, could do more for employee moral. Relaxed and casual work environment, flexible hours - if you have a manager that will allow it. Never exactly sure if your job will be there tomorrow, regardless of role/postion, title. People are great! But the hire/fire policy creates a lot of tension among the employees.
Pros
Great Co-Workers, Casual dress, flexible hours
Cons
VERY LOW pay rate for any position - you get what you pay for!
OK work, but frequent layoffs
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 9, 2017
I enjoyed my 6 months at Amerisave, but was laid off when business dipped. Do not work here expecting long-term employment. That said, the origination system was OK and working remotely was very nice.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
quick to layoff staff
If you are a happy person no job lets you down.
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 28, 2017
Not pro-employee, swift on telling you wrong, not so much when right.
No encouragement, however no one can kill your attitude!!

Asking to keep a positive view, makes you wonder how sad is everyone that you have to be told not to be depressed to work there??
Pros
Will pay if you work hard
Cons
No 401K matching or even nominal
Fun place but no job security
Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2017
Amerisave is a okay place to work. The atmosphere is relaxed, but they would lay you off as soon as business gets slow. They also show favoritism. Not a bad company, but you always have to worry about not having a job at any moment business is down.
Pros
Get to wear jeans and they don't micromanage you
Cons
High lay off rate
Remote underwriting postions
Remote Sr. Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 3, 2017
I liked working for Amerisave, they are nice people but the salary is only a small base with commission. So, you need as good amount of production in order in order to make a good income. When I started it was great but then the slow down hit and it became very nerve racking since the production feel off.
Great place but layoffs often
Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 1, 2017
I loved my job and my life finally . And one day I come into work and was told my department had been eliminated . I worked so hard and stayed on top in my department and didn't get to go to the new department they created . Sucks and was heart broken that I wasted my time there . I would go back only if there was better job security
Productive and fun placeto work
Home Buying Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 18, 2017
I enjoyed Amerisave Mortgage. This was truly a different type of job. I was not only making a difference in helping people with their search in Mortgage loans. This company allowed kids at work on the weekends, bring your pet to work day, there were company paid Christmas parties.
Pros
Free lunches, free coffee
The owners are self centered and management stinks
Processor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, CAOctober 24, 2016
Worked there for over two years and I must say this is the most unprofessional company I worked for. I stayed because there were No more jobs in processing in Atlanta and that's the only reason. We didn't get paid the last two months of last year because the unprofessional management was so busy trying to watch over commission paid employees that they were not prepared for the new TRID rollout. It was more like a prison camp than a job. The months we did not get paid, the owner gave us hard sandwiches for as a Christmas party but didn't give any of the processors a dime knowing we didn't get paid . Management made us work over time even though loans were not closing. The owner continues to get rich because he pays his employees a small commission. They maybe hourly now that there are more jobs but if they still have same management they still stink.
Pros
Cons
all
Nice workplace
Loan Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2016
Its fun working here. The environment is laid back, friendly and i think i have learnt a lot. My Loan originator is very cooperative and teaches me a lot. I am very happy with the opportunity.
Worst company I have ever worked for.
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2015
Worst company I have ever worked for. Management not approachable, Hostile work environment. Very UN-organized., HR dept and recruiters not aware of what the other is doing.
Pros
Modern decor in the office space
Cons
Low Morale in the office, Poor Management in the processing department.
Mortgage Banker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2015
Back end can't keep up with front end in other words they cannot process the loans they currently have in the pipeline. Yet they have bankers writing loans that don't get closed for 6 months.
Caveat Emptor
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Worked from homeMarch 27, 2015
I worked for 10 years as an Underwriter before going to this place. I created an income calculator that is currently being used by one of the largest lenders in the Southeast. The loan reviewers told me my income was wrong. They didn't use historical income data from the tax returns for rental income. Management seems to rely on the reviewers judgement because they don't know Underwriting. Sales (as usual in the mortgage industry) runs the show. They receive a large number of refi's from California on Condos and they have no Condo Department! I was part of a group of 15 underwriters that didn't stay more than 60 days. I was verbally told my base pay would be $65,000 per year. When the contract arrived in the mail it was for $42,000 per year.
Any Manager or Owner that allows their company to run like this one gets what they deserve. They are bleeding money all over the place due to flying people in to train only to have them quit or get fired within the first 60 days. That is just a sorry way to run a business.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
No mortgage underwriting knowledge. Very little business knowledge.