Amerisave Mortgage Corporation Employee Reviews

Fast Paced Environment
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 24, 2018
The hours are long and you will have to sacrifice some nights and weekends, but the pay is fantastic when you close and fund loans. The managers do a pretty good job giving people props for doing well.
Pros
only a 40 hour work week
Cons
most hours are worked on weekends or during nights. 8-11pm etc.
never gabe Denver officea chance
Loan Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 15, 2018
never gave Denver office a chance in hiring sufficient staff and training that staff. made the decision to close office in 3 days time because it wasn't "productive" yet was opening a new office in a new state the next week. and was taking the commissions away from what the sales staff had earned.
Pros
indepence
Cons
not hring enough staff
National Account Executive
Sr. National Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2018
It's a cool job, i enjoy what i do.

we have had 3 presidents in the past 12 months, we have the onldest tech, slowest cd process, incoherent management, high turn over and no room for advancement. There is also a terrible comp plan that basically makes it impossible to break 4k/month.
Fast paced, stressful environment
VP Credit Risk & Underwriting (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2018
The knowledge and experience level of management is very high. There is constant change in strategy, processes, technology and staffing. Privately owned company.
Pros
Highly advanced technology
Cons
Constant change of direction, lack of stability and stressful
Productive, No micro managing but did lack moral of some employees
Settlement Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2018
Very productive work days. Manage your own time in getting the job done. Learned to be more self sufficient. My manager was one of the best managers I've had. The hardest part of the job was having a system that needed to be updated a bit for more ease for the customer. Overall I enjoyed my job.
Pros
Onsite massages, free lunches
Cons
No match 401K, Pay doesn't match work load
Working at AmeriSave
Senior Mortgage Banker (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 12, 2018
100% commission with no sales training. Constant change in employees, technology, corporate ideas etc. Technology works 75% of the time.

I do love the people I work with!
Productive and fun place to work
Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 27, 2018
Work life balance is amazing and everyone is willing to help with any work related task! Management is completely in the loop with everyone training and development.
Worked from home
Senior Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Home BasedMarch 24, 2018
required to Underwrite 15 loans per week, conditions were to be reviewed withing 24-48 hours after receipt. Bi-Weekly calls to update on changes. Best part of the job was that it was Remove - no commute.
Great workplace, with wonderful upside, and management.
Originator / Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 15, 2018
Amerisave is a wonderful place to work, and has a lot of room for moving up in the company.

It is a laid back environment, and very team oriented, and training has improved based on the market, and financial guidelines.
Pros
Great deal of potential.
Cons
Based on financial Market.
Good Place to Learn the Business
Mortgage Loan Originator NMLS #1675664 (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMarch 8, 2018
Great Training specially for those getting into the business. Once training is complete there is very little support. Was loan originator doing decent starting to get the hang of the business, was laid off. They seem to have lots of layoffs.
Pros
Training
Cons
Layoffs
requesting not to review
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2018
no review to provide on this company. I am choosing not to review the company as cannot provide at this time as currently still employed with them as of this date
Processors are paid by Commission
Processor/Closer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2017
Have you ever heard of a Processor only making money by Commission?? That means that you have to wait for about 20 people to do their job so that you can get a paycheck. If you are not a favorite of Management, you will not be given the loans that give you a higher income. There was one processor there who make $10,000 a month but again he was the only one. The Manager there was very emotional and very judgemental. The top paying loans were only given to this processor. Other processors had to ask for loans. We had a huge office in Charlotte that could seat 100 employees but there were only 10 of us there. I always questioned that and finally the office closed down and everyone was laid off and they only kept the $10,000 processor who now works from home. The only good thing was that you were able to work from home.
Pros
Cons
Absolutely nothing
Great Place to work
Funding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2017
Great place to work and great folks. Will refer friends and family if they want to work in the mortgage industry. I had greats days and love when we all went to the xmas party.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Layoffs
For the most part - not a bad place to work
Compliance (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2017
Culture is pretty good, could do more for employee moral. Relaxed and casual work environment, flexible hours - if you have a manager that will allow it. Never exactly sure if your job will be there tomorrow, regardless of role/postion, title. People are great! But the hire/fire policy creates a lot of tension among the employees.
Pros
Great Co-Workers, Casual dress, flexible hours
Cons
VERY LOW pay rate for any position - you get what you pay for!
OK work, but frequent layoffs
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 9, 2017
I enjoyed my 6 months at Amerisave, but was laid off when business dipped. Do not work here expecting long-term employment. That said, the origination system was OK and working remotely was very nice.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
quick to layoff staff
If you are a happy person no job lets you down.
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 28, 2017
Not pro-employee, swift on telling you wrong, not so much when right.
No encouragement, however no one can kill your attitude!!

Asking to keep a positive view, makes you wonder how sad is everyone that you have to be told not to be depressed to work there??
Pros
Will pay if you work hard
Cons
No 401K matching or even nominal
Fun place but no job security
Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2017
Amerisave is a okay place to work. The atmosphere is relaxed, but they would lay you off as soon as business gets slow. They also show favoritism. Not a bad company, but you always have to worry about not having a job at any moment business is down.
Pros
Get to wear jeans and they don't micromanage you
Cons
High lay off rate
Remote underwriting postions
Remote Sr. Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 3, 2017
I liked working for Amerisave, they are nice people but the salary is only a small base with commission. So, you need as good amount of production in order in order to make a good income. When I started it was great but then the slow down hit and it became very nerve racking since the production feel off.
Great place but layoffs often
Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 1, 2017
I loved my job and my life finally . And one day I come into work and was told my department had been eliminated . I worked so hard and stayed on top in my department and didn't get to go to the new department they created . Sucks and was heart broken that I wasted my time there . I would go back only if there was better job security
Productive and fun placeto work
Home Buying Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 18, 2017
I enjoyed Amerisave Mortgage. This was truly a different type of job. I was not only making a difference in helping people with their search in Mortgage loans. This company allowed kids at work on the weekends, bring your pet to work day, there were company paid Christmas parties.
Pros
Free lunches, free coffee