AmerisourceBergen Employee Reviews

Found 1,170 reviews matching the search See all 1,242 reviews
Benefits
Site Coordinator/ Benefit Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCSeptember 20, 2018
AmerisourceBergen is a great place to gain experience/knowledge to prepare for future advancements. Everyday brings an opportunity for learning and growth.
Horrible
Warehouse Associate II (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNSeptember 19, 2018
I just left the shakopee location worst job I've ever had they work you until you physically can't anymore and receiving is a mess. My advice stay away from this place. Poor management who only save themselves. Until managament changes I can't see this place changing at all. Ask what your job title is beforehand. You dont wanna jump into anything you aren't prepared for. That's my advice of the shakopee warehouse. The company at whole seems like a nice company. It's just operations managers who have no clue what there doing.
Pros
Benifts
Cons
12 plus hours everyday never know when youre getting out
Okay work place
Specialist - Wholesale Distribution (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 19, 2018
Meet and made good friends. Not all coworkers carried their weight. This was a call center environment with distribution functions. You also received email and fax request. You also had to answer questions on billing and connect customers to their sales representatives.
Pros
Free coffee and soda
Cons
Too many levels to management
New upper management only concern with their paycheck
Specialist - Wholesale Distribution (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 17, 2018
Management not always forthcoming. When the decision was made to close an office one manager made sure she had a job none of her direct reports. Could have allowed employees to work from home and keep their jobs
Benefits
Cons
Too many layers to management
Overall 4
Benefits Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PASeptember 15, 2018
Generally a comfortable atmosphere . Not too loud or too quiet . Nice sized cubicle with two monitors . Friendly peers who would help when asked via Skype or in person .
Pros
Vending machines, available parking on site
Cons
Short training
Great Tenure
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 15, 2018
I was with the company through a few acquisitions and of course some things changed. During my matriculation, I had the opportunity to take several business/management courses and learned that at while at times I may not have been the best employee I wasn't equipped with management that were involved in any continuing education to utilize employees strengths. More and more companies are turning away from authoritative managing and creating a more relational atmosphere. I would have loved to been a part of that.
Nice
PATIENT CASE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCSeptember 14, 2018
It's a great place to work. The culture is pretty relaxed. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. There is pretty of room for growth within the company.
Fast-paced with lots of recognition within teams
Benefits Verification (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 12, 2018
You have to be able to keep up with your metrics, but you also have to strive for accuracy. Otherwise, you will be let go! I had 100% accuracy every month I was there, but my metrics weren't high enough and I was let go at Christmas.
Enjoyed working, co workers were friendly.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 11, 2018
I worked in the Dropship Department and did a specific job took a lower pay cut to be in that position. But then after a few months they started adding on new tasks and additional work and we never got paid for the extra work.
Pros
Discount on lunches.
Cons
Not enough pay for doing the job of 2-3 people.
Not great but ok
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, KSSeptember 8, 2018
This is a failing warehouse and they are at least trying to fix the company. Half the managers and leads are good the other half are lazy which is to be expected. Your co workers here will complain about all the overtime while standing around talking and not doing any work. A few leads do the same thing. If you do a good job you'll be expected to do 2 other peoples job as well. The thing that bothers me personally the most, is that there's a racist African American (Anyone can be racist your skin doesn't change that) who picks upstairs in zone B that the company refuses to do anything about. PTO and pay are decent and hours are terrible.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Management, leads, hours, guy picking in zone B

Want to know more about AmerisourceBergen?

Ask a question
Productive Fast Pace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 8, 2018
Really good job, but the hours where crazy you had no time out you worked until you finish and after you finish you clean so you get out pretty late I have a 4 year old that also needs his mother so i could’nt do for the hours
Success/failure depends on who you work for
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 7, 2018
In my case, I had a bad experience and it stemmed from who I worked for, not the company overall. For that reason, I will say that this is a good company to work for.
Challenging work environment
Supervisor, Order Filling (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CASeptember 5, 2018
AmerisourceBergen provided a fast-paced, challenging work environment. Well structured policies to monitor performance and order accuracy. Good group of people on the floor.
Colleagues were fanstastic. Training poor.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PASeptember 5, 2018
Colleagues were fantastic. The training was inadequate and sub par. Not enough information supplied to learn the insurance certification which made it difficult and no binders or information to follow. Only two trainers to 65 people and very hard to get concerns addressed. Only after second week they want to accredit everyone when there is supposed to be eight weeks of training.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Leadership is lacking direction
Pharmacy Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Started as Inside Sales rep then promoted to outside but ran into a buzz saw of a newly promoted District Manager that was not involved in my coming onboard, so tried his damndest to get rid of me and he did!
Pros
Good Inside Sales Team
Cons
Terrible Outside Sales Leadership
Not a bad place to work
Picker/Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNSeptember 2, 2018
Worked a lot of hours which was a good thing for me as I needed the money. Shortly after my leaving this facility was closed and business was absorbed into other warehouses in the country.
You have to see it for yourself
Benefits Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCAugust 31, 2018
I enjoyed my co workers, and the pay. Training just was not up to par. I did like it. Wasn't hard work. Just stay focused and do your job. And enjoy the free drinks.
Pros
Pay, benefits
work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILAugust 29, 2018
pick orders pack orders record orders. wrap skids for loading onto trucks. load trucks, close trucks and type paperwork. Clean up shipping area of skids and totes
Nice place to work.
Information System Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chesterbrook, PAAugust 28, 2018
Nice place to work. management was fair. Worked in CSS department and operated like a call center. Great benefit. career opportunities available. overall great experience.
Pros
Many female in leadership postion
Cons
no OT and strict work from home hours
Good job but bad job security
Senior Reimbursement Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 28, 2018
Good job but bad job security. the job was a great job but poor job security. programs were getting shut down left and right. however i was a great place to work for the mean time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AmerisourceBergen. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss