AmerisourceBergen Employee Reviews

Found 1,129 reviews matching the search See all 1,201 reviews
Stressful company
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJuly 18, 2018
Easy job but management makes the job very stressful, your doing too much for the pay working in other departments with lack of help in your own department
Pros
Aren't any
Productive, Results driven
Benefit Reimbursement Counselor (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJuly 16, 2018
I was a Benefits Investigator collecting insurance information for patients and physicians. The position was rewarding and beneficial to the patients.
☆URGENT☆ Avoid this company
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, KSJuly 15, 2018
-You will get a decent amount of PTO
-The pay is decent but still not worth it. You will l constantly be working 11 or 12 hours sometimes more
-Only 2 managers really care about their job, the others just walk around and try to look busy. Most of the leads are leading you to failure by not telling you your mistakes. The managers and leads really just sit around not working, they are also way to lenient with people you can walk all over them.
-If you are on the Receiving shift, you will always be behind on work because you are pulled to help pick and pack products (because they stand around and talk half the time).
-The Put Away team gets pulled just like Receiving which leads all the put aways on the always short staffed Night Shift.
-Picking you will be improperly trained and probably make plenty of mistakes because put aways and replenishments are messed up. If you do a good job picking they'll expect you to do it all while they keep their favorite people who constantly make mistakes (who are never told that they are) around to talk and distract people.
-Packing there's a bunch of steps just to do a simple job of confirming all the products are there. You'll deal with getting wrong products constantly. If you aren't buddy buddy with the tote master you'll get the worst totes to pack. Honestly you aren't packing, you're putting bubbles on the bottom then the products and send it to the shipper.
-Shipping it's really boring and you're hardly ever taken off of it and since the stackers have to finish putting bubbles (plastic bags of air) in the boxes since they don't want
  more... the packers to, you'll have to help them.
-Stacking you have to finish what the packers started and tape the box shut and put it on pallet. If you're a Male this is where you'll start.
-IC (Inventory Control) you'll be behind because you have to check the location to make sure they're right, usually they got messed up by put aways and replenishments. Second you have to fix those locations and the reserve locations that will most likely be messed up too. To top it all off, you could get pulled to help pick or pack.
-Returns you will have a lot of product that got sent out that a customer didn't order. Along with expired and damaged product. Where Returns is at in the warehouse is a big mess of product. Also you guessed it, you could get pulled to help pick and pack.
-Finally Night Shift, to start you get left with a good chunk of put aways. You will be responsible for replenishments and picking ND1 2s and 3s along with BFFs and Banfields set up (they have a part time primarily focus on night shift picking though). You may have to help Fast ship which isn't that difficult. Lately Night Shift has been coming in at 9 instead of 10 to surprise surprise help finish packing.
-I don't know much about Freight but they have 2 or 3 decent leads there a few good people working. You just have to deal with messed up locations going for your product.
-Summary Managers and leads who don't care or do anything and are to lenient. No matter what you're doing you'll be behind on work or pulled to help someone else with their work while you're behind.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Just about everything
Do not recommend
Patient Care Coordinator-Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 12, 2018
Programs are constantly changing and management is not great. no room for growth. favoritism from management. if you choose to switch your shift they penalize you by not being able to apply for any other jobs within the company for a year.
ok
Re-verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  okJuly 12, 2018
its a good company for those who work in there. bad thing is that since i worked as a contract position but they said my contract ended like before 2 months with 1 hour of notice.
here at AmerisourceBergen
Quality Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 12, 2018
Productive and fun workplace love working here.

I learned a great deal of Experience here at AmerisourceBergen for

health care

I love my manager
Great Company
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 12, 2018
Great company to work for. From benefits to manager its a great experience. Learning and becoming a better worker with this fastpaced enviroment will strengthen work ethic here.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/ a
Constant Change
Director of Application Development (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 12, 2018
Constant Organization Change
Allow for Promotion
Very Political
Great Workspace
Work from Home Opportunities
Pay is Competivie
Management changes a lot
fast pace and productive job
PICKER/PACKER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 10, 2018
This job is very fast paced and productive. As soon as you clock in you work work work and there is always something to do. The hardest part of the job is have to come in to work on a holiday.
Great benefits of working
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 7, 2018
You learn about different medications and many chronic diseases. You get to interact with many providers and patients, and you are able to help people in need which is very special.
fast paced
Freight Manager (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJuly 6, 2018
fast pace. d work environment.stressful at times. management pay was good. time off vacation/holidays were good.company has since moved its opperations out of the Paducah area.
Over worked and under paid full of lies and not allowed to talk
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 6, 2018
Lies Lies Lies, its a shame how many Lies I was told.

A typical day would be coming in at 1 pm and not leaving till 2 or 3 am and being told to be quite an worked

1) I was told I would work from 2 pm- 11 pm (LIE) we had to stay there an working until the job was finished. evening if we didn't leave till 5 am the next the morning.

2) they do not pay you $11.00 an hour. I was told $11.00, I got pay $10.70

3) no set work shift. somedays I would come in at 8 am 10 am 1 pm
2 pm or even 4 pm and work until the job was complete

4) withhold break and lunches. if the manager did not think the team was working hard or fast enough they would make us work working 3 sometime 4 hours without a break.
Great managers
Database Developer (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 6, 2018
Knowledgeable managers that have worked the field. The kind of managers that you would go to lunch with and have a good relationship with as well as knowing when to get involved.
contract
Data Entry Specialist (contract) (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 3, 2018
it was a contract position this shouldnt be a requirement this job was goood the people were nice and the work was easy. The hours were ok this was a good company.
a lot of work
Warehouse Team Member (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 28, 2018
face pace had about four leads when i was there never really had one jobs you where alot of hats there and theres alot of confused about what they need from you day to day
Nurse educator
Telehealth Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 28, 2018
Difficult to add in clinical knowledge when restricted due to scripting and guidelines that have to be followed. Easy job, just not rewarding professionally.
A Superb Company
Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2018
AmerisourceBergen is a company that is built with the workers in mind; a company you can retire with! With benefits that rival that of the military, generous pay, and clean warehouse facility, it's definitely a rare diamond in the rough.
Pros
climate controlled warehouse, outstanding benefits, great culture, unlimited coffee, 14 days PTO, major holidays off, occasional free meals
Cons
primarily overnight shifts, mistakes go on record for a year - the clock resetting for any subsequent mistake made
n/a
Customer Service (3PL) (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 26, 2018
i do not have a review to provide for this employer. they did some things great and other things not so great. overall they were pretty middle of the road and not willing to fight for employees that work the hardest yet instead worshiped mediocre talent and praised people for only doing half their job.
I liked working at AmerisourceBergen
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 21, 2018
There have been a great many changes for the better at AmerisourceBergen and it is a great place to work. It does take some time to learn what is actually required to do the job, but if you can do that you are good. The people are great and the customers are even better.
Pros
free snacks in the afternoon
Cons
they don't rotate around enough so you may be stuck with a bad supervisor
Unprofessional
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 21, 2018
I haven’t worked here so I can’t leave a review on what it’s like to work here but I have applied here a few times in the past. A few months ago, they replied and asked me to send my email and availability for an interview, I replied giving them all of my info then I never heard back from them. Fast forward to this week, I decided to apply again and again I received an email stating they would like to interview me so I replied giving my availability for an interview (which is FULL availability) and AGAIN they have not replied after sending the email several days ago. I think it’s so unprofessional that they tell me they want to set up an interview with me then just leave me hanging with no reply.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AmerisourceBergen. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight