AmerisourceBergen
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from AmerisourceBergen:

AmerisourceBergen Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA70 reviews
Good Place to work for
the work environment is great and they truly care and value their employees. The benefits are excellent,and the hours worked out well for me. they make you feel appreciated.
Cons
no sick leave
Very nice place to work
My reviewer are 5/5 learned so much in little time. People were nice to work with. Very simple work. Management was good to me. Very flexible work. Lots of Benefit.
Productive and interesting place to work
Typically the day is filled with many tasks to assist with getting medications to patients. Completing insurance and a number of other duties was important. I learned how to manage my time and complete most important task first. Employees were friendly and helpful with each other. Most enjoyable part was helping the patients with getting their very important medications to them.
Great company with an unclear future
AmerisourceBergen PMO is an interesting company that faced mass layoffs in 2018. The current direction of the company is currently in question. Job security along with advancements are very questionable.
No job security
During the year and a half I was with the company I was moved to three different programs. As a FTE not knowing if you're going to be let go was extremely stressful. I've never seen any company like this! There is no job security and lack of training. They promote anyone to management positions that do not have the proper leadership skills. I would not recommend working for this company.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Okay work place
Meet and made good friends. Not all coworkers carried their weight. This was a call center environment with distribution functions. You also received email and fax request. You also had to answer questions on billing and connect customers to their sales representatives.
Pros
Free coffee and soda
Cons
Too many levels to management
New upper management only concern with their paycheck
Management not always forthcoming. When the decision was made to close an office one manager made sure she had a job none of her direct reports. Could have allowed employees to work from home and keep their jobs
Benefits
Cons
Too many layers to management
Great Tenure
I was with the company through a few acquisitions and of course some things changed. During my matriculation, I had the opportunity to take several business/management courses and learned that at while at times I may not have been the best employee I wasn't equipped with management that were involved in any continuing education to utilize employees strengths. More and more companies are turning away from authoritative managing and creating a more relational atmosphere. I would have loved to been a part of that.
Good job but bad job security
Good job but bad job security. the job was a great job but poor job security. programs were getting shut down left and right. however i was a great place to work for the mean time
Amazing place to work
Great job. Loved the management and my team. Great advancement opportunities. Company was nearby so very easy to get to work. Co-workers were great. Fun job!!!!!
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Very exciting place to work
Overall the position was fundamental and professionally operated. The hours and pay were exceptional well. The position was very tedious but it was a stepping stone to advancing my experience.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Contracted
contract
it was a contract position this shouldnt be a requirement this job was goood the people were nice and the work was easy. The hours were ok this was a good company.
great company
it's great company to work for I worked here back in 2006-2008 but went to use my knowledge I had developed in the medical field a great place to grow
Job
A typical day at work at Amerisouce was a very challenging, a lot of learning to do and very stressfull one but if you enjoy being on these kind of environment then your good,

I have learned alot during the time I stayed here at Amerisource. Had worked on 3 different programs but no carrer advancement.
Pros
Mandated overtime
Cons
big scope of work and low pay
Made new friends
Did not tell me when the contract was getting over. They just told an hour before that today would be your last day. That was the worse part of AmeriSource Bergen, other than that it was good.
Overwhelming
this was a fast paced environment. Biggest issue is the pressure coming from the upper management, always reducing the number of employees while increasing your workload.
Company fine
I worked at ABC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to work here

Cons

no cons to work while this company

Advice to Management

Keep it up
Loved it. Wish I Never Left.
Very relaxed yet everyone gets their work done. Management was stellar. Not too hard to make a few friends. Pay was pretty good. Very rewarding job. Case management role is far better than benefit coordinator role.
Pros
Management, Friendly Atmosphere, Building is Pretty Cool and in a Nice Location
Cons
Not diverse. I was one of the few non A.A. employees, Also we needed way more notice (individually) if we'd be going permanent, switched to another contract or let go
Stressful and unstable in IT
Amerisource recently closes out a few facilities like San Franscio and Rockville. Management team hires a consultant firm to continue evaluating the overall organization.
Temp Job
This was only a temp job, my opinion is not really applicable. From what I saw the full time employees were happy there, but they were not hiring any full time employees at that time only temporary staff that did not receive benefits of any kind.
Workplace
I have enjoy working at the following company. When I started there was so much room for growth. Over the past year that has changed do to the healthcare companies making all kinds of changes. I need to move forward in my career and growth.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at AmerisourceBergen. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
AmerisourceBergen Reviews by Location