AmerisourceBergen Employee Reviews

Found 1,208 reviews matching the search See all 1,280 reviews
Great Company that cares about their employees
Benefits Reimbursement Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCNovember 13, 2018
Loved the job*
Drive to parking lot where the shuttle would transport employees to the building*
Secured building w/badges*
1 hour breaks*
Made sure training was mandatory for two months*
Great environment*
Pros
pay was excellent*
Cons
coworkers childish attitudes*
No job security
Leadership Team Member (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 13, 2018
During the year and a half I was with the company I was moved to three different programs. As a FTE not knowing if you're going to be let go was extremely stressful. I've never seen any company like this! There is no job security and lack of training. They promote anyone to management positions that do not have the proper leadership skills. I would not recommend working for this company.
n/a
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PANovember 12, 2018
Not sure what to write was great working here until they played off about 250 people gave us about 5 weeks to adjust. Management was constantly changing so did expectations.
Great Company
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Chesterbrook, PANovember 11, 2018
Great team to work for and with. Projects well managed. Profitable PA company with solid reputation and business. Worked with IT and Business to deliver quality systems.
Pros
Location and Professional Environment
Cons
Workload at times can be challenging.
great job
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pelham, AL 35124November 11, 2018
Loved working this job. I have a great deal of responsabilitty and managed many good assosciates. I did so many new and intresting job task while here.
Pros
great work place
Cons
bad managment
Monotonous work but well paid job
Packer (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNNovember 11, 2018
Most days were steady workflow and monotonous work, but it was well paid and friendly coworkers. We were given fair break time, and it was a relatively laid back environment for the job we had to do.
Nurses, Do not work here, it will be a grave mistake
Telehealth Nurse Navigator (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 9, 2018
I recently started working as a telehealth nurse with Lash. Training has been very unorganized and information is not taught so nurses can learn. Trainers talk very fast and run through complex material and expect the nurses then to be competent and capable to do the job. A trainer said, if you keep asking questions on same topic I will report it to your manager.

Management act as if they do not care and are disconnected from the nurses trying to learn. They will not give you a training schedule until after you started training then will change it up with only a week notice on travel plans for training.

Nurses here have no autonomy. You are micromanaged in everything you do. Every minute is managed for you and watched. There are high unreasonable expectations to reach call metrics.. Competent professional nurses have come to this company with high hopes to have them crushed once in it. Nurses out there, save yourself time and heartache and stay far from this company. They will offer you a good paycheck but nothing is worth working under these conditions.
Pros
pay
Cons
Micromanagement, training
Professional nurses-run from this company
Telehealth Nurse Navigator (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 7, 2018
Hired in Sept. with LASH. To say that this organization is the worst in my 20+ year nursing career is a gross understatement. Huge group of us nurses in class. No 1:1 training. Everything was read off a power point in class, that no one could see. So-called nurse instructor rushed through everything, would become frustrated when class would ask questions or ask to slow down. Continually belittled us with statements like "When WE were trained, we didn't have it so good" etc etc. Training has been an absolute rushed through joke. Seasoned employees are aloof, read through training documents, then basically we are 'trained' and responsible. There is no flow or algorithms for our calls in relation to the policies. We have had to create our own 'scripts/call guides' to capture everything. Threatened by a manager that we would be reported if we asked 'too many questions'. Literally, if you are a professional, RUN from this place.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Toxic culture
fun place to work at
Benefit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCNovember 7, 2018
would recommend anyone to work there. good pay even through temp aganecies they are still a good job to work at. very clean. very professional and respectful company.
Great company with great benefits
Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 7, 2018
This is a fantastic company with high potential for very long tenures. The benefits are amazing. If you join the right team or group you can grow in your career path. However, if you join the wrong team lead by shortsighted leaders you will stagnate until you decide to leave.
benefits
Cons
not all teams are equal
Amerisource Bergen is a good place to work.
Sr. Reimbursement Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCNovember 6, 2018
Amerisource Bergen is a good place to work. There is room for growth and professional as well as personal growth. The last couple of years saw a decline in overall office culture as time and work demands increased. Emphasis on quantity over quality in terms of production negatively affected the company's reputation. The quality of training also suffered, causing an increase in the number of inadequately prepared associates being forced to work excessive hours under near constant threats of disciplinary actions and termination. Overall, however, if you are willing to work hard and steer clear of the office politics, I think you can do well at Amerisource.
Pros
Great gym, state of the art facility, easy access to interstate.
Cons
Excessive time and work demands, office politics.
Procurement Liaison (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYOctober 31, 2018
I loved my job they just transferred to another state . I worked there 26years. The management took care of their employees and were fair. There is room for advancement and the people that work there are like family . We worked but we also had fun.
Pros
Management was for employees
Cons
Relocate to much
Garbage place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSOctober 31, 2018
If you do a good job you would be expected to do 2 other people’s jobs as well. Management/supervisors are often too lazy or too stressed out and get frustrated when you ask them questions. This is just a garbage place to work and everyone there acts like they are back in 5th grade and are bitter all the time. DO NOT GO WORK HERE!!!!
Pros
Pto and some of the people
Cons
Everything else not in the pros
Constant Minefield
Manager (Former Employee) –  USAOctober 31, 2018
Any minute could be your last. Offend one person (no matter how ridiculous) and you could be done. The smallest issue is stressed over to the point of boiling over. Other than that, loved my team, good company...just remain a PC robot.
Pros
see above
Cons
see above
It’s a job...no family life
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE II (Former Employee) –  Brooks, KYOctober 31, 2018
Ok place to work if you have no life or family. Management has no clue...you can get away with taking numerous smoke breaks bc management doesn’t pay attention. You work at your own pace but be prepared to work crazy overtime. Good money but no life...draining..apply elsewhere! New employees make as much as experienced employees, definitely not fair.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
No life or family time
Autonomy/solo work as Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 23, 2018
AmerisourceBergen (they also call themselves "ABC") is pretty strict about workers gossiping or speaking among themselves. They promote isolation and solo work by assigning/separating pharmacy technicians to their own "stations" (each station is specific to a specific popular drug). What I would love about this work place is that I didn't have to engage in toxic work drama and I would work by myself. They allow you to listen to music, but one ear only because of safety issues.

Yes, there is mandatory overtime because the huge machines, without fail, constantly fail, which backs up orders. All order HAVE to be completed the day of, no exceptions, which explains the overtime of 10 or 12 hours a day.

A typical day would be: clock in, pick a station, fill the orders at the station, pharmacist would call you because of an error, fix the error, return to the station - if station has no more orders, switch over to a new station - management announces delay in orders and gives an estimate of how much overtime is to be expected.

This is typically a 1 pm to midnight or closing time schedule. Whatever plans you used to enjoy in the PM in basically out the window. If you have kids or babysitter at a budgeted time.money, this job may not be for you since overtime or mandatory stay may be unpredictable
Pros
Free lunches, improve employee recognition system, good pay
Cons
Unpredictable overtime, management changed and sucks
I love working at Amerisource bergen
Benefits Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCOctober 23, 2018
A typical day at work here I come in I'm on the phone most of majority of the day. I'm free to go where I want to go lunch wise. Since I have been here I learned alot. management are awesome here over all it is an awesome company to work for.
Pros
great support!
Cons
when on the phone hold times and transfers.
Very productive job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 21, 2018
Great job to work at. Also great benefits. Management was very fair. If you need any help with solving any cases, it will be plenty of support from the floor to help you.
Abdc
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAOctober 16, 2018
Overall a good job, typical days start at 6AM sharp, work must be completes before employees can leave. Fast-paced, well organized. Supervisors were poor
Pros
Free lunches, Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
My Experience
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 16, 2018
I loved working at Amerisource as it was a great experience talking to the Member and being able to help them in getting their circumstances. To be able to help others when they are in dire need was just an amazing thing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AmerisourceBergen. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at AmerisourceBergen.

Powered by Comparably