AmerisourceBergen Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 415 reviews matching the search See all 1,280 reviews
Great company with great benefits
Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 7, 2018
This is a fantastic company with high potential for very long tenures. The benefits are amazing. If you join the right team or group you can grow in your career path. However, if you join the wrong team lead by shortsighted leaders you will stagnate until you decide to leave.
benefits
Cons
not all teams are equal
It’s a job...no family life
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE II (Former Employee) –  Brooks, KYOctober 31, 2018
Ok place to work if you have no life or family. Management has no clue...you can get away with taking numerous smoke breaks bc management doesn’t pay attention. You work at your own pace but be prepared to work crazy overtime. Good money but no life...draining..apply elsewhere! New employees make as much as experienced employees, definitely not fair.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
No life or family time
Very productive job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 21, 2018
Great job to work at. Also great benefits. Management was very fair. If you need any help with solving any cases, it will be plenty of support from the floor to help you.
Abdc
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAOctober 16, 2018
Overall a good job, typical days start at 6AM sharp, work must be completes before employees can leave. Fast-paced, well organized. Supervisors were poor
Pros
Free lunches, Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
very fast pace and long hours 10-12 per day
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNOctober 12, 2018
was shown basics of job for about 30 minutes then sent out on my own there was no hands on training if you cant figure things out by yourself or teach yourself how to do the job this is not for you they walk around with a laptop once a week to review you but rarely talk to you or ask how things are going they do not work personal with employees very well at all if you miss time at all during probation you will be terminated was let go because of this even though I was doing my job well up to and beyond their standards
Pros
descent pay and benefits
Cons
veryshorthanded supervision didnt step in when they needed too
trouble shooting
Facility Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAOctober 9, 2018
good company to work for , located in Suwanee for a good commute,

lots of automation to trouble shoot,our goal every was zero downtime.some good management some not so good.
Pros
free lunches often.
Cons
turn over rate is high
Proactive and fun environment to work in
Benefit Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 4, 2018
I truly enjoyed working at Amerisource. It is a wonderful company to work for and I am blessed I was able to learn and grow within the company. They allow there employees to work remotely.
Pros
Free lunches atleast once a month
Cons
Strict on breaks
Benefits are great but the job is very stressful at times.
Bilingual Reimbursement Counselor (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PASeptember 27, 2018
I had the opportunity to perform better by taking different curses available online which allowed me to be part in a different pilot projects. A typical day is being on the phone from the beginning to the end of the shift which makes the job stressful. Unfortunately advancement is not available and once you start a new position you are not allowed to apply for another one for 11 months including changing shifts.
Benefits
Cons
Work under pressure the entire shift
Say goodbye to your social life
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MassachusettsSeptember 25, 2018
The managers dont do a good job, they're always understaffed, you have to work holidays and have to come in if there's a blizzard. Sometimes after a holiday you can work up to more than 12 hours. I would not recommend this job unless you're absolutely desperate for money because you can say goodbye to your social life and your sleeping schedule, sometimes I wouldn't come home until 4 a.m. in the summertime. Also something always seems to break and you have to spend more time there.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Long hours, managers, equipment.
New upper management only concern with their paycheck
Specialist - Wholesale Distribution (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 17, 2018
Management not always forthcoming. When the decision was made to close an office one manager made sure she had a job none of her direct reports. Could have allowed employees to work from home and keep their jobs
Benefits
Cons
Too many layers to management
Enjoyed working, co workers were friendly.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 11, 2018
I worked in the Dropship Department and did a specific job took a lower pay cut to be in that position. But then after a few months they started adding on new tasks and additional work and we never got paid for the extra work.
Pros
Discount on lunches.
Cons
Not enough pay for doing the job of 2-3 people.
Productive Fast Pace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 8, 2018
Really good job, but the hours where crazy you had no time out you worked until you finish and after you finish you clean so you get out pretty late I have a 4 year old that also needs his mother so i could’nt do for the hours
You have to see it for yourself
Benefits Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCAugust 31, 2018
I enjoyed my co workers, and the pay. Training just was not up to par. I did like it. Wasn't hard work. Just stay focused and do your job. And enjoy the free drinks.
Pros
Pay, benefits
An OK place to work
Warehouse Associate 2 (Current Employee) –  Lockbourne, OHAugust 26, 2018
Some employees didn't work to their potential and the management wasn't able to request them to do so. Other employees had to pick up the slack. Mandatory overtime of 2-4 hours a day around holidays. Provided good health insurance. Earned 2 weeks vacation in 3 months which was good but had trouble scheduling it.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
overtime
Bad Management
Entry Writer (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYAugust 26, 2018
It's amazing how long bad management is able to get away with their company-destructive policies. Benefits are good but lack of leadership is disconcerting.
Hostile work environment, with politics guiding the work.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 11, 2018
Not the place for anyone who appreciates having a competent manager, work/life balance, or a place void of politics. This was the most miserable job I've ever had and everyone around me felt the same to such an extent that employees left in droves, not the company has to resort to advertising on the radio that they're hiring. The red flags are legion. If you're desperate, get hired and immediately start looking for something else because management will be the main reason you leave.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else.
Expectations were high but generally acheivable
Patient Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 10, 2018
This company had great benefits and average pay Expectations were high and work life balance could hsve been better. The hardest part of the job was keeping up wth almost daily changes to processes and quotas Also the attendance policy and audits were unforgiving The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people who really needed help.
Pros
free coffee, soda, sports drinks
Cons
attendance policy: one minute late was considered late
Its not the job for me.
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAAugust 8, 2018
The job here wasn't bad but it is very boring and repetitive. I feel like a robot and I prefer something that is a little more fast paced and more socialization
Pros
Pto, Good Benefits
Cons
No flexible hours, hard to reach production goals
This job has potential to be a great place to work
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 7, 2018
My sole feelings about this job is based on the fact that 15 days after I was hired, the DEA came and locked the building down due to noncompliance with DEA standards on November 30, 2017 and it’s now August 7, 2018 and we’re still not working.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Been shutdown by DEA for noncompliance for the pass 9 months
production
AMERISOURCEBERBEN STOCKER (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJuly 31, 2018
I really dont have anything to say Its just not for many the pay does not match the job responsiblity too stressful i feel like the patients arent the priority and its more about labor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AmerisourceBergen. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight