AmeriStaff Employment & Staffing Solutions

AmeriStaff Employment & Staffing Solutions Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
Dependable work assignments and excellent matching opportunities
Materials Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCJune 23, 2018
If you are seeking employment and having a difficult time finding work, AmeriStaff will find you work that not only matches your skillset but provides competitive salaries and quality work experiences. I've been with them for 4 years since retiring from the State system where I needed something to compensate/add to my income to allow me to save more and one day retire for good.
Pros
Dependable resources in finding positions that match your skills
Bad experience
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCJune 7, 2018
Management was horrible, work environment was bad, pay wasn't great, very little training. Rules were never the same for each customer. It was all around a bad experience
Pros
Hours werent bad
Cons
Evrything but the hours
Great little staffing company
Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAMarch 29, 2018
Ameristaff helped me find a job when I didn't have no source of income! Every staffing agency have their up's and down's but I still believe they're very professional and have the general public best interest in mind when placing people for employment! Give them a opportunity to help you!
Pros
Helped me with a job
Cons
The jobs didn't last very long
Not Good Company to work for
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  South Boston VaFebruary 17, 2018
They pick and choice who get what jobs and generally they give the better jobs to people they know. If you try to tell them that the client allows certain employees to do what ever they wsnt. They , meaning Ameristaff BLACKLISTS you. Poor managed offices
Pros
Cons
Too much to say
Do not recommend
Staffing Consultant/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Eden NCFebruary 16, 2018
I would not recommend this company souly because from experience I know they will wrongfully terminate anyone for anything no matter how hard you work.
Pros
Getting off at 5:00
Cons
Everything!
South Boston VA branch is the worst I've ever dealt with!
Not employed (Former Employee) –  South Boston, VAFebruary 6, 2018
South Boston VA branch SUCKS! They have never even TRIED getting jobs for myself, my sister or my brother. Even though we have experience in some jobs.
Poor management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCJanuary 24, 2018
I worked at Ameristaff and 3 of the employees were amazing the other 3 were VERY cut throat.

If you are the manager of the office, I do not believe it is very professional to include yourself in gossip and/or clicks. If you do not fit into the little “click” you can guarantee you will get your walking papers.
Pros
The pay was decent.
Cons
VERY poor management
Courtest
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCNovember 29, 2017
Very short time but during this short time I can say I would do it again.. there is not a lot I can say bout this company definitely not the worst place too worst
Pros
Hours
Cons
Paid time off
Stressful Work Enviroment Fast paced
Division Vice-President (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAAugust 30, 2017
It was a good co.to work for just could not come to terms on a situation. My Regional Manager was always available to help when needed. I had been without a sales person for 5 years and felt as if I was being blamed for lack of hours. I have a son with a health condition and they threatened me with forcing me to take FMLA or I should have not been paid for time out with my son. None of this had ever been a problem, I was told my job had to come first.
Pros
excellent benifts
Cons
conflit
Very good company
Expector (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 16, 2017
Very nice people very good company they will do their very best to get you a job and keep you there thanks to them they help me get me a car very nice people
Horrible - do not recommend
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAAugust 10, 2017
It's a very cut throat environment- management doesn't care about people rather just filling job spots with bodies. If they cared more about their staff, the turnover wouldn't be so bad. The MV office alone has turned over internal staff so much the last year, you don't even know who is there anymore! It changes monthly. If they can't keep staff themselves, what makes you think they will find and keep a quality job for you?? Stay away.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Benefits and environment
I was placed on multiple assignments so my review was basic.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAMay 13, 2017
Client offered multiples solutions for your employment needs. You could choose your assignments based on your needs. Overall they could probably pay more but based on entry level experience the pay was not bad.
Pros
Flexible schedules.
Cons
Benefit program could be better in terms of offerings and price.
fast job placement
Stacker Operator (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAMay 2, 2017
It was okay company to work for if you need something temporary but if you looking for a permanent job I would not recommend.The job I was on it was fast paced which was ok with me it just wasn't dependable
Cons
on call
Eh.
Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAApril 25, 2017
When hired I was ensured that this position was temp to hire and that we were more or less guaranteed a job. Our training class started with 12 people. Every Friday AT LEAST one person would get fired. I was 11 out of 12 to go at the end of week 5.
Pros
Quick hiring process
Cons
No job security.
Hardworking and some dangerous jobs but overall paid good help my family a little bit but not a good paying overall
Contractor/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAMarch 18, 2017
I liked it but low pay rate a lot of warehouse jobs for people who are able to do the labor and lift a lot and don't have problems working the hours and it paid some of my bills
Pros
We're none
Cons
Minimum wage is low
ok when in need of a job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Danville, VANovember 3, 2016
They place u with a company and tell u how many hours u need to get hired full time then they leave u to the wolves. They DONT assist u with talkin to the company as far as getting u hired fulltime and the pay with ameristaff is HORRIBLE. You're better off goin to McDonalds to make more money!!!!
Pros
Cons
pay
Time management skills are not here
N/A (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 21, 2016
I appreciate the offers that I have received, however...the staff has no idea what is going on; who you are; or why you are there. Also, the job matches requested never were an appropriate fit for my skill set. I have a bachelors degree in business administration from a well known University. That has no credence apparently. In addition, I am employed currently, but seeking a career - not a job. I have wasted numerous hours and travel expenses for oppositional interviews. Just an FYI. Apparently, it is also a normal sight to see fellow job seekers in the office like they rolled out of bed. I was extremely disappointed in my experience with this company.
Pros
N/a
Cons
See above
Stay away!
None (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCAugust 3, 2016
They don't know what they are doing! No communication. Putting clerical people I industrial jobs. Given a job offer then take it back. They have no clue and don't care.
Pros
They talk real nice.
Helping people find jobs
Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAMay 21, 2016
reading and reviewing resumes, checking backgrounds and finding job placements. management was super nice. team members that worked there were helpful. just not enough work for me to do in a day
Pros
one hour lunch
Cons
slow paced
productive and peaceful
Seamstress (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCDecember 12, 2013
I Love my job. it was very busy and peaceful. The people the train new employees really don't know what they doing.
Pros
peaceful
Cons
short breaks