Amerit Fleet Solutions Employee Reviews

Little or no advancement
Garage Support (Current Employee) –  Covington, LAAugust 15, 2018
Job can be lax or hectic. Biggest problem is the amount of time to do work isn't wide enough and the lack of overtime. Management wants you to do more work for less pay while minuscule pay raises each year are not enough to keep employees. Standards for new hires are high without the pay to supplement the experience required.
Pros
Slow and sometimes relaxed. Good for between jobs
Cons
Small to no year round raises, pay too low, company standards too high. No long term plan
Electronics Technician
ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 3, 2018
Amerit seems to be a decent company. However, they contract to SLB and dealing with two separate companies at the same time can be difficult. Weekly pay is beneficial... 401k sucks
Pros
Plenty of work and hours
Cons
Being contracted to another company
Flexible
Coordinate / Driver (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 31, 2018
I love my job but the pay sucks .. there is no way to move up.. raises are 2% a year.. but if you have to miss work you can make up your time during the week.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not good pay
Great job
Service Coordinator contracted to AT&T Fleet Ops (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJuly 25, 2018
Some days were hectic and some days were laid back, but I loved working in the garages. I learned more than I thought I would. The mechanics taught me things about the vehicles they worked on and my regional manager showed me the hows and whys of paperwork.

I loved my job and I loved interacting with the drivers, supervisors, vendors, and mechanics.

I never thought there was anything hard about my job. I was trained well, learned quickly, and enjoyed it until the day I was laid off.
Productive leadership
Maintenance Tech Assistant/Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 14, 2018
Very excellent productive self pace leadership company with growing in the near future with excellent employee relationship with the company and company
Pros
Benfits
Spreadsheet culture
Msc technician (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 10, 2018
No team atmosphere. The spread sheets come down from the top and the right numbers must be in the right boxes even if you have to be shady to do it. Supposed to be paid hourley but your clock time will be pushed back and changed to your production hours. You cant work over 40 but dont quit the job you are working on, just clock out, and finish your job off the clock and put the time on tomorrow or next week. Not enough room on this site for the bs going on. Benifits are a joke. Health insurance is usless except for somthing major. No match on the 401k but they make you have one.
Stay away from this company
Pros
Starting to wonder
Cons
You are a number
Bad place
Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAJune 28, 2018
Worst company I've worked for i wouldnt mot recommend anyone to work for this company. My manage never had anyone back he was all for himself. Stay away from this company
Need additional advancement opportunities and equal pay for the position
Mobile Repair Unit Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 20, 2018
The company has a great contract with a lucrative client, but the management of the employee pay, inventory, and vending need to be reviewed if they are going to stay in business longterm.
Does not care about their employees, just the client.
Fleet Mechanic (Current Employee) –  NCJune 13, 2018
At&t runs all over the company. Definitely a thankless job and the pay doesn't compensate for the kind of work you perform. I definitely would recommend not working on the att side.
Ameritfleet Solutions
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 4, 2018
Over all Amerit has been a great company to work for. I was looking to find something that has a larger pay scale and more career advancement that was not available at my location.
productive
Trailer Technician (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAMay 31, 2018
start the day by looked at trailers that have been red tagged and performing any work needed. perform inspections and fix any problems on trailers loaded and ready to go
Pros
safety lunches
Confusing
Generator Technician (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAMay 20, 2018
No real chance to work over time, management couldn't seem to get their stuff together, they tell you one thing and expect you to do the opposite to much laziness.
Pros
Plenty of down time
Management lies to you
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAMay 20, 2018
Was told when hired that my pay would increase after my 90 day probation. i was given a 10 cent raise after 90 days. I mange two garages for them as a contractor to AT&T. They were the #1 and #2 garages in the southeast for customer satisfaction! I was informed my raise would be 30 cents this year.
Pros
Cons
Worst co. I have ever worked for
Relaxed place to work.
Technician (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 10, 2018
The work/life balance is why I joined AFS but other than that I can't recommend this company. At the end of the day, this company reports to a client and that client can required AFS to change many things that affect your day to day life such as your work schedule. The pay is ok but I know it has been reduced over the years. The benefits are probably the worse part, don't expect much from them.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Benefits Workplace culture
It's a good place for someone new to get a start
Maintenance Technician III (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 8, 2018
No job security, you are nothing more than a contractor so when the work runs out so will your job with the company. As a contractor your not treated the same as the employees already working there.
Pros
pay and benifits
Cons
watch your back
Great job and good management
Business Analyst/Systems Support Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 22, 2018
This job was fun and I truly miss it but there were changes with the company for which we had the contract. Good management, promotions were given for hard work.
Sounds good dont belive the hype
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 11, 2018
They say the employee is the most important thing you will find out different after awhile. The first 8 years had the best manager loved my job. He retired put in a new boss with the new company way was the worst jobs after that and also there is now loyalty to employees.
Now to the customer side don't fall pray to the dog and pony show it will not be the service you will get once signed up.
Pros
Cons
all
Great place for Entry level
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMarch 13, 2018
Great place to work, they respect your family life. Compensation can be on the lower end but great environment over all.
Pretty laid back, but there is a lot of work to be done. Work hard, play hard atmosphere
Pros
work from home
Cons
healthcare, no 401k match, pay
Needs better management Company
E tech (Former Employee) –  Denton TXFebruary 22, 2018
Hey good pay workout was not too bad rotating shift hey good coworkers but management needs to be more organized Could have organize better time to be at home with family more time off the benefits was good and the company we work for Slumberger was excellent
Management had no control over techs. Under staffed and people not fully knowing there job
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXFebruary 18, 2018
Horrible management they could not control the techs at all. Everyone passes the blame. Went to cooperate level for help after manager and area manager where no help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amerit Fleet Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.