Amerit Fleet Solutions Employee Reviews

Relaxed Environment
Office Personnel (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAOctober 11, 2018
Easy going supervisor and work environment is good. Co-workers are nice & they seem to enjoy what they are doing for the most part. and there are free lunches from time to time.
Pros
Friendly and helpful co-workers
Cons
Compensation could be better and the same goes for vacation.
Wow
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2018
Young company... no clue what they’re doing... zero support.. I learned my lesson I would NOT recommend this company they lose accounts just as fast as they get them
Benefits are horrible and VERY expensive
Official response from Amerit Fleet Solutions
October 8, 2018

I'm going to have to disagree with you - Accounts rarely change or Transition.

While I'm sorry you had a bad experience at your location, and that your account is transitioning because our client had a merger - we've been working very hard to ensure all our affected technicians find the right career path at Amerit, our Client or elsewhere.

We successfully serve hundreds of locations nationally, with over 1800 hard working employees. While we always strive to improve our benefit plans, we consistently benchmark ourselves to the industry to ensure we offering a competitive package - we do. I invite you to email me if you have any further comments: apunjani@ameritfleet.com. Thank you.

long days
Trailer Technician- Mobile (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHSeptember 26, 2018
A typical day consisted of driving 1 - 3 hours to a job site and inspecting equipment than repairing and /or servicing them.

I learned how to service and repair overhead doors

Management was poor and over demanding

The hardest part of the job was the lack of communication

The most enjoyable part of the job was that i worked alone
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Denton Schlumber J
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Denton TXSeptember 25, 2018
Working in Denton doing oil and gas work is great! It is a roller-coaster of a ride sometimes at the end of the year, but if you work hard it all pays off. I like that my manager is always on the floor walking around, makes it better when I have a question. The Amerit management is better than the client on the site!!!
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Hour cuts at end of year
Fast Pace
QC Electronics Technician (AMERIT PERSONAL LEAD) (Current Employee) –  Von Ormy, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Great opportunity to learn Frac equipment. Frequent rotation of pumps through the shop allowing rapid improvement in skills and processes. Managers are knowledgeable and experienced.
Pros
Get paid well for the hours you work
Cons
Lay offs occur yearly
Great company, wonderful co-workers
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 5, 2018
The hiring process was easy, there was always someone there to answer any questions I had. My supervisor was always available for any problems I encountered, all the aspects of the job were enjoyable.
Poor managment
EGSA Generator Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 28, 2018
The expectations of management were completely unreasonable. They are clueless of the scope of work they demand employees to perform. Bottom line is don't expect your supervisor to understand what your doing in the field.
Pros
Cons
many
Good place to start off at.
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 23, 2018
Depending on what location and what job you're doing the work differs. Im an electronic tech and my typical day I start by writing JSA and work plans, and start my preventive maintenance on Frac pumps. And from Small issues to bigger issues that you need to trouble shoot. Sometimes things can be fast paced. Some places can be better than others.
Pros
Good place to get started, good supervisor
Cons
At the place I'm at now doesn't really train.
Little or no advancement
Garage Support (Current Employee) –  Covington, LAAugust 15, 2018
Job can be lax or hectic. Biggest problem is the amount of time to do work isn't wide enough and the lack of overtime. Management wants you to do more work for less pay while minuscule pay raises each year are not enough to keep employees. Standards for new hires are high without the pay to supplement the experience required.
Pros
Slow and sometimes relaxed. Good for between jobs
Cons
Small to no year round raises, pay too low, company standards too high. No long term plan
Review
Regional Spare Vehicle Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63103August 14, 2018
Amerit Fleet is a contract client to ATT. ATT affects, controls and affects the work environment. I quickly gained new experiences and was challenged. The management locally was excellent. Was allowed to grow and do what was needed to do my job.

Want to know more about Amerit Fleet Solutions?

Ask a question
Electronics Technician
ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 3, 2018
Amerit seems to be a decent company. However, they contract to SLB and dealing with two separate companies at the same time can be difficult. Weekly pay is beneficial... 401k sucks
Pros
Plenty of work and hours
Cons
Being contracted to another company
Flexible
Coordinate / Driver (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 31, 2018
I love my job but the pay sucks .. there is no way to move up.. raises are 2% a year.. but if you have to miss work you can make up your time during the week.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not good pay
Great job
Service Coordinator contracted to AT&T Fleet Ops (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJuly 25, 2018
Some days were hectic and some days were laid back, but I loved working in the garages. I learned more than I thought I would. The mechanics taught me things about the vehicles they worked on and my regional manager showed me the hows and whys of paperwork.

I loved my job and I loved interacting with the drivers, supervisors, vendors, and mechanics.

I never thought there was anything hard about my job. I was trained well, learned quickly, and enjoyed it until the day I was laid off.
Productive leadership
Maintenance Tech Assistant/Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 14, 2018
Very excellent productive self pace leadership company with growing in the near future with excellent employee relationship with the company and company
Pros
Benfits
Spreadsheet culture
Msc technician (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 10, 2018
No team atmosphere. The spread sheets come down from the top and the right numbers must be in the right boxes even if you have to be shady to do it. Supposed to be paid hourley but your clock time will be pushed back and changed to your production hours. You cant work over 40 but dont quit the job you are working on, just clock out, and finish your job off the clock and put the time on tomorrow or next week. Not enough room on this site for the bs going on. Benifits are a joke. Health insurance is usless except for somthing major. No match on the 401k but they make you have one.
Stay away from this company
Pros
Starting to wonder
Cons
You are a number
Bad place
Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAJune 28, 2018
Worst company I've worked for i wouldnt mot recommend anyone to work for this company. My manage never had anyone back he was all for himself. Stay away from this company
Need additional advancement opportunities and equal pay for the position
Mobile Repair Unit Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 20, 2018
The company has a great contract with a lucrative client, but the management of the employee pay, inventory, and vending need to be reviewed if they are going to stay in business longterm.
Does not care about their employees, just the client.
Fleet Mechanic (Current Employee) –  NCJune 13, 2018
At&t runs all over the company. Definitely a thankless job and the pay doesn't compensate for the kind of work you perform. I definitely would recommend not working on the att side.
Ameritfleet Solutions
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 4, 2018
Over all Amerit has been a great company to work for. I was looking to find something that has a larger pay scale and more career advancement that was not available at my location.
productive
Trailer Technician (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAMay 31, 2018
start the day by looked at trailers that have been red tagged and performing any work needed. perform inspections and fix any problems on trailers loaded and ready to go
Pros
safety lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amerit Fleet Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.