Ameritech Facility Services Employee Reviews

If your there to just get a paycheck its ok
Lead Carpenter/Foreman (Current Employee) –  OrlandoOctober 11, 2018
But if your looking for a career with opportunities to advance I'd move on. I'm going to be brutally honest here and please keep in mind this review is for the Orlando division. From what I hear, the other divisions are great to work for.
I have been in construction all of my adult life (35 years) and I have never seen anything like this. Management is horrible, you never know when or where you are going to work until the last minute. You may get off work on Thursday and wait to hear what your next job is, it may be Saturday, Sunday or even Monday that you'll get a text or email telling you where to go, so your basically on call without the benefit of on call pay. Also, keep in mind, you'll never know when your off until your off. There is no schedule whatsoever. You may also have times where you only work a couple days a week.
There is a very hostile work environment between different crews, there are people that refuse to work together. There is no order nor chain of command.
On the plus side, it is virtually impossible to get fired from this company, I learned this very early on in my employ when the gossip started flowing (and found to be true). I wish I could go in to details of the dysfunction of this company but it would be hurtful to the individuals I would have to call out so I will refrain. I did like many of my coworkers but this is not how a professional business runs. I'm just curious if the corporate office is aware of all the unorthodox work practices.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No future or organization
Relaxed yet engaging work experience, lots of good business and relationships.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 10, 2018
Management is laid back knowing if work is done daily, then the office life will be enjoyable. Lunches out of the office regularly and very helpful/collaborative with outside vendors.
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 10, 2018
Get paid to work and see the country at the same time. I visited many states and saw many landmarks that were on my bucket list during my off hours. I would definitely recommend Ameritech Facility Services to my family or friends looking for a construction job. Great pay and full benefits.
Pros
Great benefits and paid weekly.
Employee (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 10, 2018
Office staff are supportive and understanding of every day challenges faced out in the field while on a job site. They work closely with the customer to relay progress of a project and help maintain clear expectations along the way.
Growing opportunity
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXOctober 10, 2018
This company is growing and always supports employees. We work hard but are paid well. Its hard to find quality help these days but Ameritech is willing to do what it takes to keep them. Mgmt is fair and friendly. As the company continuse to grow there are more and more opportunites.
Pros
I help make my schedule
Cons
Travel, nights, weekends
Not really sure what to say?
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 28, 2018
Typical day was helping our GM with whatever the daily fires would be as well as deal with clients i was assigned.
I learned how to be a better Project Manager.
Management where good to people and generally cared about everyone's well being.
workplace culture was good.
The hardest part of the job was leaving.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the Mon- Fri 7-3:30pm schedule.
Pros
I liked the people there 9-5 Mon thru Fri work.
Horrible managment. Cheaters.
Lead Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 21, 2018
No understanding on how to manage work flow. Don't give what they promise. Cheat hours on the clock. No lunch. Then fire the people who are honest. BEWARE.
Pros
Non
Poor working environment
Superintendent- Commercial Remodel (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2018
Current GMs struggle to manage work flow properly, staffing is an issue of either not have enough qualified employees to sub-contractors doing sub-standard work. Due to management not having a good grasp on current projects, moral/motivation is low due to the verbal abuse given.

There is NO clear support from upper management!
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
healthcare costs rising, verbal abuse, poor management, NO support from upper management
Growing opportunity
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXJuly 18, 2018
Pros
I help make my schedule
Cons
Travel, nights, weekends
Hourly pay/ Benefits - even 401K
Technician (Former Employee) –  nationalJuly 11, 2018
Really it's a pretty good place to work. see new places and travel around. I've just decided I want to stay home now and maybe go back to school. To hard to do on the road.
Pros
decent pay/ travel / per diem/ benefits
Cons
being away from home (sometimes)
Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ball Ground, GAMay 28, 2018
Many of the employees have been with the company for many years. Most of the employees are very helpful and supportive. It's like working with one big family who cares about my success.
Pros
Pay and benefits are very good.
Company does not pay well. It pays by the job, but will allude DOL laws on last paycheck.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 8, 2018
Future Employees beware!!!! This company will leave you stranded in other states with no fuel card or per diem. They will also pay you minimum wage on your last paycheck and if you go to the labor dept they will use legal documents you've signed to allude DOL labor laws.

Beware. This company is really scummy.
Pros
Decent pay starting out.
Cons
Managers will treat you like animals. Sleezeballs all around
Productive work place, that really excels in production and friendly wprk environments.
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Ball Ground, GAJanuary 26, 2017
One of my favorite places I've ever had the opportunity to work for. Learned a lot of from the experienced workers and showed the proper way to handle electrical work. Thank you Ameritech.
Pros
Great benefits, pays per diem, really takes care of their employees.
Cons
To much traveling when you have kids.