Ameritel Employee Reviews

Learn lots, unscrupulous management
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 22, 2019
Small company that has potential to do big things if they get proper management in place. There is a big disconnect between C level and store level management. Store managers lead by fear, intimidation, and favoritism.
Pros
Everyb day is different
Cons
Expensive healthcare, high turnover unfair wages
Terrible management and no structure
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 24, 2019
There is no structure in this company. Nobody knows their role in upper management. The only role they know is micromanaging.
There have been multiple occasions of not getting paid. They steal commissions. We get reports from corporate showing where we hit our numbers and then the commissions team will say they are incorrect and not pay you for them.
They continue to hire poor management that was either fired from corporate or were on their way of being worked out of corporate. These managers are the same ones that drive employees to do the wrong thing and slam the customers with unwanted activations.
Not a good work environment.
Pros
Discount on phone bill
Cons
Low pay, micro managed
An honest review from a current employee.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 20, 2019
Management seems like they know what they’re doing but they don’t.
They constantly fire employees without having backup plans. Forcing employees of other stores to cover shifts and commute to far distances without any form of compensation.

Management acts friendly at first but quickly try to intimidate you and make you feel like you could lose your job at any time without warning. They always have bad attitudes especially market managers and operations managers.

They don’t care about employees, in their eyes you’re easily replaceable. Regardless of how close you get to anyone in upper management.

Management will never take any accountability, nor will ever admit when they’re in the wrong. They’ll combat anything you have to say with fear and intimidation.

They only care about numbers, it doesn’t matter if your store is low traffic or if you pitch to everyone. If you aren’t hitting your numbers they’ll likely fire you. Note the goals are always higher than they should be. So they’re pushing numbers that aren’t even directly from T-Mobile.

If you do end up working for them. Don’t ever do the most. Do not go out of your way for them because they won’t be appreciative nor will your chances of being promoted be higher. It doesn’t matter how well you do your job or how much you sell you could be the top of your store but you’ll never be considered for a management position.

Asking for a specific day off is always a hassle even if asked months in-advance. Taking PTO or Sick time is always frowned upon. My PTO has been rejected twice.
And I’ve never been able to
  more... get approved for sick time.
Not to mention it’s almost impossible to call out even if you show up to work very sick the day prior to trying to call out.
They will never try to accommodate or take responsibility. You could be in the hospital and they would still expect you to show up for your shift.

So do know what you’re getting yourself into. If you’re considering working for T-Mobile I strobgly suggest Corporate or another TPR.
Or even a different wireless provider, honestly anywhere is better than: Ameritel “American Telecommunications, INC.” (ATI).
Pros
Co-Workers. Some commission.. and line discounts.
Cons
Poorly managed, slow paced, lack of leadership, no communication, lack of mutual respect, no accountability
Do not work for Ameritel!
Mobile Expert (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 7, 2018
Low pay rate, insurance high, They rob you out of PTO and Sick time. And commission is good but if you dont log into there Remo then they'll take half your commission.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Management are incompetent, no pay raise, insurance is too high
Worked there
Receptionist/Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 20, 2018
Has cut-throat co-workers. Owner not a good person. Company basically cared only about what they want never cared about employees. Only great person was the Human Resources/administrative manager. She was a great person and cared about the employees.
Pros
Cons
Horrible work environment
Would not reccomend
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 12, 2018
Lack of leadership. Constant change in management leaves employees confused. Really short breaks and long schedules. Taking any much deserved time off is frowned upon. Extremely cut throat and higher ups do not take responsibility for any of the wrong doing. When it comes to attrition, this company should be the definition.
Pros
They celebrate the wins some times.
Cons
Short breaks, long schedules. not flexible in any way.
Don’t waste your time
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 2, 2018
Fun place to work just because of co workers management dosent care about staff and only pushes numbers and the store goals for the month if they don’t like you they just fire you
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Pay
very unprofessional
After Hours Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 22, 2018
This place could never be one for career progression im not sure if it was just my area could be seeing that the center was closed, but it was not ran properly it was somewhat fun but there was no order there at all
Excellent Company!
Business Development Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 11, 2018
This company truly is to be admired! From upper management to interns, they have a great work ethic. They allow you to grow professionally. They mold their teams to be the best they can be!
Pros
Commission based
Cons
Large territories
Stay away ! Terrible leadership
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 2, 2018
As a master retailers they do not know how to manager their operators or representatives . They have no structure . As a market manager you wear all the hats . Their locations are horrible . They sell their locations to operators to crack the wip and intimidate them . As a market manager you are held accountable for everything operations , sales and training . Do it all .
If you don’t deliver you will be terminated . Don’t expect training of your role .
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Hours, everything else
Upper Management Leads by Fear and Intimidation
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLApril 11, 2018
Never seen such a poorly run company. They open up 100 plus stores on a shoestring. My store had walls falling down. Had the water meter ripped out because they had the wrong address on the store.

We received only 30 percent of our inventory opening the store. But they decided to post 100% of the inventory to the store giving a 16k variance which took weeks to fix .

The remaining inventory took 3 months to get. Our shelves were bare yet expected to sell phones that were not displayed. At one point wee were missing 35 demos that were to be displayed

The software we had on our computers was suppose to be updated after hooking up with Comcast. Took 3 months of calling to get it changed over. because of this it would glitch and wipe out entire sales hours later with the customer not being charged.

The locations picked for the stores were just picked out of no marketing knowledge what so ever, really bad locations and was told location doesn't matter. We didn't get a sign for store until 3 months later. Then it took another month just to get it lit up.

Upper management would go to Vegas and spend 9k on a Cabana for Employees but yet spend zero money on the stores. Good old boys club with upper management having no experience or clue how to run retail locations. I have been in retail for 30 years. Management would chastise others in emails and group chat.

I could write a book how bad and unbelievable Ameritel is.
I have about 20 more absurd things that happened but you get the point.

As of now 5 other people have quit after me. Their vision is not sustainable
  more... and just matter of time before it goes all the way down. Been around long enough to know. Stay away at all costs.Show Less  less
Pros
Cell discount
Cons
Lack of accountability - No support
AmeriTel, is a good company.
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJanuary 26, 2018
While working for AmeriTel, I learned a lot, but always felt like there was a lot of underlining stress between departments. Due to being so streamlined, there is nowhere to move up in the company.
Amazing company that lives its Always Better vision
Director Learning and Development (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 12, 2017
A typical day at Ameritel includes working with amazing people who care and doing a great job. The leadership team is engaged on a daily basis, knows every employee by name and cares.
Pros
Owner engagement
Lead Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 18, 2017
Poor management. Good hours. Good food and events. Good personnel. Room for advancement . Easy commute. Challenging cases. Good open door policy. Good training.
Ameritel Account Manager
Indirect Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 30, 2017
As an account manager for Ameritel my job was to maintain Ameritel stores all over the 5 boroughs of NY and to set up new stores under the Ameritel umbrella. For existing stores I would aid and assist store managers in sales,training,equipment,orders,etc. Speaking directly with customers in taking orders,training in phone equipment, training of store employees and promoting monthly sales contest to improve sales for each store.
Pros
Helping stores attain sales goals
Cons
The travel time in between stores was hectic most times
Questionable "Leadership"
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 5, 2017
Ameritel HQ corporate culture is horrific. Leadership can be bipolar at times. The working schedule is crazy. The company underpays its workers and there is no real job security. The office is too small for its staff compliment. Parking is a disaster. Steer clear if at all possible
Pros
It's a job
Cons
attitude problems, lack of communication, inappropriate office relationships, favoritism
Fast paced environment where your potential is developed to the fullest.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 12, 2017
Small company in size but very big in productivity. Ameritel top management always gives positive and constructive feedback and most importantly provides opportunities for growth and development.
Absolutely incredible team and management
Employee (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 15, 2016
I wished I could have spent longer here, but my time was shortlived due to a need to go back to school in another town.

I was restaurant and maintenance more than anything else. It was very relaxing and enjoyable occupation; especially if you enjoy talking to guests and helping them out with all of their issues.
Cons
Not really any breaks. But the downtime makes up for it, if any.
This job taught me a lot about leadership.
STORE MANAGER/SALES (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 15, 2016
I had an awesome experience working with this company and it has taught me how to deal with situations i wasn't able to perform before.
i was upset when the company closed for business.
Very fun job and great team!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 5, 2015
Can be very very fun. Great way to learn to sell , make money, and learn all about t-mobiles deals. I don't like the fact that we don't receive much benefit. You have to make a certain amount to really even see commission.
Pros
fun, exciting, grow as a seller, nice staff, bright environment
Cons
stressful, don't like comission set up