Ameritel Employee Review

Upper Management Leads by Fear and Intimidation
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLApril 11, 2018
Never seen such a poorly run company. They open up 100 plus stores on a shoestring. My store had walls falling down. Had the water meter ripped out because they had the wrong address on the store.

We received only 30 percent of our inventory opening the store. But they decided to post 100% of the inventory to the store giving a 16k variance which took weeks to fix .

The remaining inventory took 3 months to get. Our shelves were bare yet expected to sell phones that were not displayed. At one point wee were missing 35 demos that were to be displayed

The software we had on our computers was suppose to be updated after hooking up with Comcast. Took 3 months of calling to get it changed over. because of this it would glitch and wipe out entire sales hours later with the customer not being charged.

The locations picked for the stores were just picked out of no marketing knowledge what so ever, really bad locations and was told location doesn't matter. We didn't get a sign for store until 3 months later. Then it took another month just to get it lit up.

Upper management would go to Vegas and spend 9k on a Cabana for Employees but yet spend zero money on the stores. Good old boys club with upper management having no experience or clue how to run retail locations. I have been in retail for 30 years. Management would chastise others in emails and group chat.

I could write a book how bad and unbelievable Ameritel is.
I have about 20 more absurd things that happened but you get the point.

As of now 5 other people have quit after me. Their vision is not sustainable
  more... and just matter of time before it goes all the way down. Been around long enough to know. Stay away at all costs.Show Less  less
Pros
Cell discount
Cons
Lack of accountability - No support

Other Ameritel Employee Reviews

The Worst
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 11, 2019
Unorganized, unprofessional, an inventory NIGHTMARE. Probably the worst company I’ve ever worked for. As the old saying goes, RUN don’t walk. You’ll be doing yourself a favor.
Cons
Throw the entire company away.
Learn lots, unscrupulous management
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 22, 2019
Small company that has potential to do big things if they get proper management in place. There is a big disconnect between C level and store level management. Store managers lead by fear, intimidation, and favoritism.
Pros
Everyb day is different
Cons
Expensive healthcare, high turnover unfair wages