Ameritrust Residential Services Employee Reviews

Admin work from my home office, Freedom to choose my work crews.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2018
I can plan my day depending on priorities, mange my crews accordingly to meet my deadlines. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I can see jobs develop with the people I work with and the logistics that Ameritrust gives us to plan our jobs. The hardest part is driving from project to project during rush hour.
Pros
As A Project Manager you work as hard as you can to have free time during weekends.
Cons
Is like being self employed, during vacation you don't stop worrying about your projects.
Solid company
Senior Estimator (Current Employee) –  North JerseyDecember 8, 2018
Company is solid and poised for growth. Young company and like all young company’s there are hiccups, however if you are a energetic person looking for a solid company in the construction field this may be a good fit.
Life is Good
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 7, 2018
This is a great company to work for. I started up a market in South Carolina and it has been great, I went from a Project Manager to Senior Project Manager in about 4 months. This company has changed my whole life. You have a lot of support from the main office in Atlanta as well as other Project Managers that you can call. The pay and benefits are great as well.
Pros
Pay-Benefits-Company Support
Great culture, work, and fulfilling job
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 7, 2018
Inspiring office, coworkers, and future. I love the work we do and this has been the best job I have ever had. Hoping for many more successful years with RESICAP & Ameritrust.
Pros
Learn and earn!
Cons
a large company that grew way to fast.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  NJOctober 29, 2018
I learned a great deal. i can take this skill and move up.
the hardest part of the job was the lack of incentive by management.
there was always that feeling of intense lack of job security.
i really enjoyed going in the field and seeing projects develop by my decisions.
Pros
the freedom to work from home sometimes
Cons
the lack of management experience.
Great place to work!
Project Manager / Estimater / Rehab Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 13, 2018
Started with Ameritrust a few months ago as a Project Manager and I have found the job to be very rewarding. The training is very fast paced and intense with a lot of info thrown at you over a period of 3 weeks but if you stay the course and take notes and ask lots of questions you will succeed. The company is supportive and understanding and wants all of the employees to succeed which isn’t found in many jobs today. The atmosphere from the Corperate level to the local teams is very family oreintated with the attitude that we all are here to help each other. Communication and structure is far more superior then I have ever experienced in any previous job. I am very happy to be part of the team and feel like a made a great decision coming to work for Ameritrust and look forward to many years with Ameritrust Residential.
Pros
Lots of freedom as long as you stay on top of your game.
Cons
None so far
There's a great future for the company once its fully establish
Sr. Project Manager 1 (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2018
Goals are set and needs to be achieved and maintained. Salary could be better. Management need to do better at coming up with a usable plan for the company and implement it. This was a ongoing learning and changing process.
Amazing Working Environment
Construction Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2018
Ameritrust Residential is an amazing corporation that is quickly growing. It started as a small family business and as it has grown it has managed to keep the family working environment. Those in management positions are open to hear you and your feedback to really improve the company. There is plenty opportunity for advancement and growth within the company and managers aren't looking to stifle you, they really want you to grow as the company grows. Absolutely wonderful work culture.
August 16, 2018

Thanks for the great review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you!

Emphasis on quality driven growth.
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 14, 2018
Positive, fast pace, growth environment with plenty of career advancement opportunities. Company culture is one that looks for self motivated individuals that want to achieve and progress each and every day.
Pros
The freedom to create your own schedule, career advancement opportunities, enthusiastic management team.
Cons
Building a vendor base in a new market but that's to be expected.
August 15, 2018

An over-all good company to work at, with what i see as room to grow
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYAugust 4, 2018
a typical day as a project manager includes visiting my sites ensuring the contractors are working and have materials required to complete assignments. Managing the projects well starts with proper budgeting and organization of each project, I find organization to be the key to having projects run smoothly. Lastly having the finish product make an impression is my goal.
Pros
there is room to grow
Cons
anyone would be comfortable working at Ameritrust
August 10, 2018

Thanks leaving us a review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Have a good day!

All around positive experience
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYJuly 17, 2018
Ameritrust Residential has been good to me in business as a licensed contractor and now as a project manager. I've truly enjoyed my time here and find that the environment is overall healthy, challenging and rewarding. I would recommend employment for any professional looking for a fun, challenging, positive work environment in the construction management field.
Pros
Flexible schedule and good wages
July 27, 2018

Thanks for the great review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Hope you have a wonderful day!

If you like construction then this is the place to work!
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYJuly 17, 2018
This job allows you the opportunity to work with a diverse mix of knowledgeable people. Every day you have the opportunity to learn something new. The team camaraderie is outstanding. If you need help, someone is always there to assist. If you have a question, someone is always there with an answer. If you fail here, it is because you did not use the tools provided.
Pros
Training, Assistance, Work Remotely, Set your own schedule
Cons
Qualified general contractors
July 24, 2018

Thank you for the kind review! We are happy to hear that we have met your expectations. Have a great day!

Fast growing company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 17, 2018
I Took the opportunity for lack of advancement at my previous job. After a short period of time I was promoted and now have the ability to help the company grow!!! This is a very fast growing company and it's awesome to be along for the ride and to be a part of the growth. I really enjoy working with the guys and helping them get through there daily obstacles.
Pros
room for adavncement
July 24, 2018

Thanks for the great review! We appreciate your time to share your positive experience. Have a good day!

Intense working construction remodeling enviroment
Project Manager- White Plains, NY (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2018
Make sure to hit all construction deadlines to make your incentive plan. Which is a good plan but hard to achieve when working with contractors and public officials.
July 27, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you sharing your experience and providing us with employee feedback. Have a good day!

A terrible work enviroment
Vendor Manager (Former Employee) –  CTJuly 17, 2018
This is, by far, the worst run company! Do NOT waste your time with this company. They have poor direction, too much paperwork, no incentives, long working hours, no management support and most employees have poor attitudes and are not happy.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Too many to list
overall rating 1 star
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2018
has to be the worst managed and upper level managed company i have ever been associated with. terrible experience. would not recommend this company to my enemy.
Pros
zero
Cons
terrible leadership
July 10, 2018

We are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience. We take your input very seriously, as we strive to offer 100% satisfaction to all our employees. We appreciate your feedback and hope you give us the chance to make it right in the future!

pin the tail on the donkey
Project Manager (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 9, 2018
My experience so far has been amazing i am very fortunate to have the boss i do who has provided me with the tools to succeed within ameritrust not only has his patience been incredible but he is always available to help and has shown how he is not only concerned for my welfare but that of my families as well which in my eyes is priceless.
Where its pin the tail on the donkey or a group photo john always makes us all feel that we are an important part of a great team

I find myself always thanking him for that
Pros
excellent working environment
Cons
available qualified contractors
July 10, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Have a great day!

Project Manager (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 9, 2018
Ameritrust Residential is a great place to work. No office politics, no micromanagement. If you've been in construction for a long time your skills will pay dividends with Ameritrust. Work from home, manage and set your own hours, work with subcontractors that you know and trust. There is a fair amount of driving and travel associated, but there is a balance.
No two jobs are the same, each present their own unique challenge, but you get to take it from estimate to final completion.
Management is very open and accessible, and more importantly, very supportive of the staff.
Pros
work from home, manage your own time
July 10, 2018

Thanks for the awesome review! We appreciate your time to share your positive experience. Have an awesome day!

Streesful to the core
PMO Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJune 13, 2018
Your a work goes unnoticed. They hire with know direction and then fire you. Not worth the effort. Never work with this company. They have know idea what they are doing.
July 10, 2018

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you give us a chance to make it right!

Amazing Support Staff & Training - Love My Job
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYMay 25, 2018
Here you make your own schedule, you work remotely from your home, have weekly supportive conference calls, monthly meeting for additional training and updates in the region and/or company. The support staff is wonderful and always respond almost immediately when you need them. I have always love construction but hated to be tied to a desk. Here you get out and visit your projects as well as conduct site inspections for estimating. Never tied to a desk here!! As for the company, their workplace culture is supportive and respectful. You may work more hours because you want too and it sometimes doesn't feel like work at all. Just the best!!
Pros
Work remotely, make your own hours, supportive team atmosphere
Cons
You need to supply your own tools.
July 10, 2018

Thanks for the great feedback! We are so happy to hear about your great experience. We consider ourselves lucky to work with great PMs like you!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ameritrust Residential Services. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2