Ameriwood industries Employee Reviews

I would say its productive a place where you can advance in many ways and increase your pay
shipping/loader (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHFebruary 1, 2018
at ameriwood I would say we are treated based on how hard we work and how dedicated to the job we are as long as we keep production steady the bosses will let us work without constantly being around where you can work comfortably
Pros
we can sign bid sheets and get better jobs and better pay and feel more productive and more involved
Cons
the insurance could be better
good place
Machine Operator set up (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHSeptember 19, 2017
I would love to work at this job again because it was a great place to me, and the pay was good. I learned a lot at Ameriwood Industries, management was great.
Learned a lot about wood products
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHJuly 3, 2017
Working at ameriwood was fast pace. U had keep up the assemblylines.
Line leads from my experience wasn't that bad to work for.
When working w machines u had to b safe w whatever u worked w.
Benefits that were provided were pretty good.
Pros
U got to pick the shift u wanted
Cons
Always make sure u had your protection on.
job
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHJune 19, 2017
this company in my opinion is a horrible place to work , long,hard,very fast pace place ....managment only cares about production numbers not the quality of the product they produce
A good place to work
Tiffin Plant Controller (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHFebruary 27, 2017
Ameriwood provides a self-starting individual a good place to work. For those who require continual instruction it may not be the place to work. In general I enjoyed working at Ameriwood.
Half of the pack line are good, happy people, but the other half is all about drama
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHJanuary 28, 2017
It was a steady job. And the management was lenient but never seemed to know what they were doing. sending people all over the place.
Alright place to work but wouldnt reccomend to anyone
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHJanuary 6, 2017
The co-workers were alright but the boss was something else. Also had us working 10 hour days and Saturday but at least it wasnt 12 hour days. Typical day at work would be standing on a line and putting boards in a box.
Pros
Get breaks
Cons
Healthcare stinks
Awesome place to work
Assembly/fabrication (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OHNovember 1, 2016
Ameriwood is a good place to work. Fairly easy work. Lots of room for advancement. Lots of opportunities to work in different departments.
Good environment, not a career
Returns Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wright City, MOOctober 26, 2016
Good environment, but dead end job unfortunately. No advancing and the work load placed on one part time person is way too much. They do not like to hire full time positions.
Pros
Good coworkers, friendly environment, straight forward job tasks
Cons
No chance to advance, low compensation
ALOT of fun
Production Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Wright City, MOOctober 5, 2016
The hardest part of the job was when the machine would break down and you had to wait for maintanence to fix the problem. I loved the people there they made the days go by fast. My co-workers were more like family. Management for the most part were great. I learned how to operate a huge machine.
Pros
Got alot of holidays off and personal days
Cons
people not showing up to work.
fun while learning
Customer Service - Damaged Claims Rep (Former Employee) –  Wright City, MOJanuary 21, 2016
I ran reports 4-5 times a day. My co-workers were always willing to teach me new things. I love the fact that I was able to learn something new everyday and still interact with customers.
Great employees but underpaid
Productions Control Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dowagiac, MIJanuary 19, 2016
i enjoy working here and with my co workers. They work well with your schedule and are very helpful the only down side is everyone is under paid.
Pros
Works with your schedule
Cons
Under paid
A smooth flowing team effort from company, all the way to our textile Union, Local 2299.
Lead/Set-up in Drills (Former Employee) –  Wright City, MONovember 24, 2015
I simply loved my job. I was very proud of my products and took my job very seriously. I enjoyed the challenges and 10 hour days. Its a real shame that they closed the doors on all of us. Id work there again in a heartbeat. It was a great honor to help make Dorel Industries shine. As with any job, there were squabbles and mistakes but we always got back on track and put the product out.
Pros
Great pay, sick leave, paid FMLA, 401K, paid vacation @ a year.
Cons
Mileage from home and wear-n-tear on my Jeep.
My Education came from Ameriwood
CORPORATE PACKAGING ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHAugust 4, 2015
Great company that allowed me to become an expert in packaging and manufacturing. I owe all my success and failure to this company. I learned from some of the best VP's in Engineering, Finance, and Operations. I stayed loyal to this company for almost 20 years with well below market pay.
hard work, short breaks
Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor, Forklift operator, (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHApril 22, 2015
learned lots, co-workers are the best. Lot's of overtime. not a lot of time for family. Most holidays off if you wasn't in maintenance.
Pros
Decent health care.
Cons
not enough staffing
Fun and Challenging
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wright City, MOFebruary 15, 2015
Overall I really like this company. Although they pay below what other companies pay for my profession and their benefits could be better; I think a lot of companies are unfortunately like that today so I can't really ding them on this point. However I believe they make up for it by the environment and the staff. The people in this company are just plain fun to work with; we all work very hard and have high expectations of one another but we also take the time to decompress when necessary and no one is driven into the ground by unrealistic expectations. In general it's a place where you want to do well at your job because of the corporate culture and environment; it just makes you want to drive yourself to higher levels and help the company remain successful.

When I retired a few years ago I got bored just sitting around and thought I'd see what I could find to keep me busy. When I applied to this company I was just looking for something to do and someplace to go so I could get out of the house. Now, unlike most other companies I've worked for, I really look forward to going in and wish I would have started and ended my career here.

Don't get me wrong, not everyone has the self-control or maturity to work here. Because of the fact that they don't micromanage, you have to be responsible enough to show them you're willing to do what it takes to get the job done correctly. However, if you want a place where you'll look forward to going in every day and a place where you'll enjoy being around your coworkers then this is the place to be.
Pros
Leadership and Staff
Cons
Salary and Benefits
Amazing company
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wright City, MOMay 22, 2014
Great people with great skills. layed back atmosphere still very professional. Positive place to work.
Tough
Accounts Receivable / Deduction Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wright City, MOJanuary 17, 2014
everyone is stressed. difficult environment. everyone over loaded with work.
Ameriwood
CAD Technician (Current Employee) –  Wright City, MONovember 13, 2013
Ameriwood is more than just a place to work, they train their employees and help them everystep of the way. The people that you work with are there for you whenever you need a hand. Family is a very importat role in the Ameriwood team.
Pros
One hour lunch, breaks when you need them, help when you need it
Cons
I have not found a con in this company
Overall good place to get a foot in the door
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wright CityNovember 9, 2013
This is a good place to work
The people are wonderful but the pay is not that great.
moved on to greener pastures